Joe Adkins Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Re

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thank you ! Your opinion has truly made this site much better !!!
    Since he let a drunk go in a double crash where the guy killed two people two weeks later in a DUI crash, he may not be going to CVE

Unregistered

Two Fatalities because of this guy...

Since he let a drunk go in a double crash where the guy killed two people two weeks later in a DUI crash, he may not be going to CVE
    I had heard from a Trooper in Walton County that Adkins worked two separate crashes on this Kelly guy back in late March where he was clearly drunk as a skunk. Roomer has it Adkins may have taken the drunk home. Not sure about you guys, but if I work two separate wrecks on the same guy within an hour time frame, I’m going to look at the driver a little harder. Where he has really messed up is he runs around telling everyone that he hates to work Santa Rosa County, and refuses to write citations over there because he doesn’t like to go to court in SR. Once the local media gets there hands on this, the Trooper will be finished. I have only known Adkins for a little less than a year, but I can contest that he is a very arrogant guy. Thinks more about himself than anything in the world. You can’t tell the guy anything because he knows everything and he thinks he is “Top Cop”. Just based off what I’m hearing, I would leave the department now before being fired.

Unregistered
    Joe would never do this.

Unregistered

Public Records

Joe would never do this.
    I think you should do a public records request like I did on 5/14/18. According to the police report; Joseph Adkins wrote up 2 separate police reports involving the same driver within an hour time lapse. I know this because I was a victim in 1 of the wrecks. The Sheriff on the call even told me the driver was drunk off his a**. I didn’t quite understand why the Trooper did not take this guy to jail but I can promise you my attorney will soon find out enough. I really support each and every police officer out risking their lives for the community but when an officer lets drunk drivers go home but will write a speeding ticket for 5 over the limit I have a big problem. I am currently working with the deceased family members attorney to get some answers. I think the Florida State Patrol owes us some answers. Now if you still are not convinced this officer did any wrong go to Santa Rosa County and do a public records request for Florida Highway Patrol case number fhfa18off011705 and fhpa18off011703. It’s worth paying for these police reports. You will also see me as the victim. So if you have any questions about this post please feel free to contact me. My full name address and phone number is on the report. All public records.

Unregistered
    Joe would never do this.
    I stand corrected.

Unregistered

Re

I think you should do a public records request like I did on 5/14/18. According to the police report; Joseph Adkins wrote up 2 separate police reports involving the same driver within an hour time lapse. I know this because I was a victim in 1 of the wrecks. The Sheriff on the call even told me the driver was drunk off his a**. I didn’t quite understand why the Trooper did not take this guy to jail but I can promise you my attorney will soon find out enough. I really support each and every police officer out risking their lives for the community but when an officer lets drunk drivers go home but will write a speeding ticket for 5 over the limit I have a big problem. I am currently working with the deceased family members attorney to get some answers. I think the Florida State Patrol owes us some answers. Now if you still are not convinced this officer did any wrong go to Santa Rosa County and do a public records request for Florida Highway Patrol case number fhfa18off011705 and fhpa18off011703. It’s worth paying for these police reports. You will also see me as the victim. So if you have any questions about this post please feel free to contact me. My full name address and phone number is on the report. All public records.
    I appreciate this poster for being honest and coming forward about this. The sad thing is that Joe “hates it for the family” of the lost loved ones.

FHP Trooper

Unregistered

Understandable

I appreciate this poster for being honest and coming forward about this. The sad thing is that Joe “hates it for the family” of the lost loved ones.

FHP Trooper
    So I am clear to everyone, this wasn’t about bashing the Officer that worked the accident on me and the loser in jail. I’m sure he is a good person and feels terrible about what has happened. All I was trying to say was someone needs to be held accountable for all of this. I was told by the sergeant the night of my accident that the other driver was beyond drunk. I just don’t understand why the sergeant did not arrest him if the trooper was afraid to. Not sure if anyone can answer this question, but can I hold the Florida State Police accountable for the Troopers neglegince? Thanks everyone and remember I do support the guys and girls in blue 100 percent.

Unregistered

Re

Honestly the trooper wanted to get home on time from his shift and if he had to arrest the guy he would have had to stay out another two to six hours. If FHP works the crash they must work the whole thing including the DUI. Not the sgts responsibility because it isn’t his investigation.

Unregistered

Incorrect

Honestly the trooper wanted to get home on time from his shift and if he had to arrest the guy he would have had to stay out another two to six hours. If FHP works the crash they must work the whole thing including the DUI. Not the sgts responsibility because it isn’t his investigation.
    That is 100 percent incorrect. The Deputy on scene can most definitely arrest a drunk even though it is a FHP crash investigation. It has happened many times in my career as a Trooper. Many times the Trooper is so far out or the response time will be hours later so the Sheriffs Department will handle the DUI portion and FHP will handle the crash portion. I think what the victim in the earlier post was asking is “Why Didn’t Someone, Anyone arrest him”. If the Trooper wasn’t going to do his job then why didn’t the other ageny involved step up. Back in 2006 we had the same similar thing happen to a Trooper (No not me). Basically the Trooper worked two separate crashes on a college girl both within 4 hours of each other and unfortunately the second crash involved a fatal. A nine month old baby was killed. After about six months of investigation it was determined that the Trooper should have arrested her on the first crash. He never arrested her at all. You have got to arrest drunks people. You can let some things go or slide but not that one. I feel bad for everyone involved in this mess. And I hate to say it but the Trooper will and should most definitely be fired. Word around the camp fire is the Trooper is going to be facing a law suit out of this. Stay safe brothers and sisters.
    FHP Trooper

Unregistered

Joe is not alone

Hell I don’t understand why everyone is so upset at Joe. He is not guilty of anything that B. Ward hasn’t been doing for the past 3 years. That guy has let more drunks go than the local bar. Less not forget the time the Captain made him go back and make DUI charges weeks after and incident happened. Santa Rosa x49 have mentioned him a few times about letting drunks go and taking them home instead of taking them to jail. So everyone needs to lay off of Joe and cut him some slack here. That is all!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast