+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 73
 

Thread: applicants 2018

  1. #41
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So if you’re a white male and made it to the psych you might as well forget it?
    What he means I'd if your white Anglo male, not white Hispanic male..white Hispanic males are used as white male quotas..in another words if your white gringo like me ..we have no chance..look around at their trainees in the academy ..after you see what I am talking about then write me a memo...

  2. #42
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What he means I'd if your white Anglo male, not white Hispanic male..white Hispanic males are used as white male quotas..in another words if your white gringo like me ..we have no chance..look around at their trainees in the academy ..after you see what I am talking about then write me a memo...
    I'm a white gringo and I got hired. Yes, it been a while that I'm here. Don't put to much faith in what you read on this board. Our department is racist! Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Apply to other department or Sheriff departments. The grass is not always greener on the other side. All places have issues and dumb azzwipe that are expects on you getting hired. If your ok with leaving this area on the west coast. Some good departments are hiring, at least they were the last time I was over that way 2 months ago. St Pete P.D. Pinellas Sheriff dept. both are like us, computer expects with all you need to know about getting a job. Pinellas does hire whites more often then not. Clearwater P.D. Largo P.D. Tarpon Springs all these place on the west coast are better then Miami P.D. It's your choice to listen and believe these posts but there is some truth to hiring whites. One thing working in your favor, many are reaching the 30 years mark and they are going to need a mass hiring. To train and get out in the field. Years ago, I applied here and Broward Sheriff Dept. at the same time. Broward hired me within 6 weeks. I work for Broward for 3 years before Miami called me for testing.

  3. #43
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Listen here kid you have to have the right connections to work here. Trust me on that. One or two who do not know anyone might slip through the hiring process, but all others are well connected. Just google "Miami Police Hiring Bad Cops" and see for yourself. This fat cracker barrel as many other claims these applicants are little angels, but not those in that story yet they are still employed here. What about thug ortiz? another well connected individual who has more lawsuits and complains than anything you can imagine. And to the person up there who is mad... listen here bro believe it or not and you know it very well that to get hired here is a family connection and it has been like that for YEARS so stfu.

  4. #44
    Unregistered
    Guest
    I agree in my PAC academy almost the entire class was well connected.

  5. #45
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm a white gringo and I got hired. Yes, it been a while that I'm here. Don't put to much faith in what you read on this board. Our department is racist! Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Apply to other department or Sheriff departments. The grass is not always greener on the other side. All places have issues and dumb azzwipe that are expects on you getting hired. If your ok with leaving this area on the west coast. Some good departments are hiring, at least they were the last time I was over that way 2 months ago. St Pete P.D. Pinellas Sheriff dept. both are like us, computer expects with all you need to know about getting a job. Pinellas does hire whites more often then not. Clearwater P.D. Largo P.D. Tarpon Springs all these place on the west coast are better then Miami P.D. It's your choice to listen and believe these posts but there is some truth to hiring whites. One thing working in your favor, many are reaching the 30 years mark and they are going to need a mass hiring. To train and get out in the field. Years ago, I applied here and Broward Sheriff Dept. at the same time. Broward hired me within 6 weeks. I work for Broward for 3 years before Miami called me for testing.
    you sir were hired because you either were related to Gentry or Magnusson...because i have news for you..look what you stated in your narrative ''it took miami 3 years to call you for testing?'' lmao... if your black or hispanic you are hired in 5-6 months..these are facts son.. trust me i have seen miami's BLE/MPI academies since 1995 and all i see is maybe one anglo male here or there...if there is 6 classes in a year for the city, you can bet your bottom dollar you will see only maybe 2-3 anglo males in all those classes..mind you each class is 30-35 trainees.. and the 2-3 you see in all those classes were not the average JOE...they were son's of police officers with the city...again if you want to sugar coat the hiring there go ahead...but, try explaining to me why a ton of anglo male applicants files are 07'd or been QRX for 4-5 years...i was one of them..i applied with the city in 1995 ..scored a 94.66 on their civil service exam and a 29 robbery memory video test...never received a call or snail mail...i even called down there to see what was going on because minority friends of mine that scored alot lower than my score were getting calls for next step..the lady advised me they couldn't locate my application and test score file..hmmmm...how convenient was that...even old school city guys back then told me i have no chance because i am an anglo male..but, it was funny i was hired by the county in 11 months!!! my BLE class was very diverse whether its males,females,black,anglo,hispanic,asian,etc... to each it's own brother..let the anglo males find out for themselves as a did and many others...good luck everyone...god bless.. 06

  6. #46
    Unregistered
    Guest
    I am just sick and tired of the nepotism in the city of Miami. I am sick and tired seen these academy trainees graduate and each one has a family member in uniform there with them. Why? How many of these applicants fail the psych and poly and yet are passed because they are connected? You can't sit here and tell me this kid who does not look older than 22 tell me his top notch applicant. The kid has no life experience but a freaking HS diploma. Does he even know how to tie his boots? Then proudly take a picture and clearly say how connected he is. Bro the public sees that and wonders how many more qualified applicants are passed for connections. It's sad and should be reported by local media or Al Crespo.

  7. #47
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Nepotism is not illegal and exists in all parts of government. Welcome to Amerika!

  8. #48
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    you sir were hired because you either were related to Gentry or Magnusson...because i have news for you..look what you stated in your narrative ''it took miami 3 years to call you for testing?'' lmao... if your black or hispanic you are hired in 5-6 months..these are facts son.. trust me i have seen miami's BLE/MPI academies since 1995 and all i see is maybe one anglo male here or there...if there is 6 classes in a year for the city, you can bet your bottom dollar you will see only maybe 2-3 anglo males in all those classes..mind you each class is 30-35 trainees.. and the 2-3 you see in all those classes were not the average JOE...they were son's of police officers with the city...again if you want to sugar coat the hiring there go ahead...but, try explaining to me why a ton of anglo male applicants files are 07'd or been QRX for 4-5 years...i was one of them..i applied with the city in 1995 ..scored a 94.66 on their civil service exam and a 29 robbery memory video test...never received a call or snail mail...i even called down there to see what was going on because minority friends of mine that scored alot lower than my score were getting calls for next step..the lady advised me they couldn't locate my application and test score file..hmmmm...how convenient was that...even old school city guys back then told me i have no chance because i am an anglo male..but, it was funny i was hired by the county in 11 months!!! my BLE class was very diverse whether its males,females,black,anglo,hispanic,asian,etc... to each it's own brother..let the anglo males find out for themselves as a did and many others...good luck everyone...god bless.. 06

    I'm related to no one at this department. I've worked with both. When Mag was in 40 sector. I worked 10 "C" shift. I retired a short time ago, after more then 30 years in. Yes, I was one of the lucky ones that wasn't shown the door at 30. In fact I think they forgot about me, till the 1% peeps said hey, WTF! After I finished the solo part of the FTO program. I was placed in 10 sector. There were 2 other whites working it also. If your working for the country, great. I did learn, the hard way that whites, unless your connected. It was damn near impossible to get out of patrol. Sure it pissed me off but it is what it is, was told the dope boys won't sell to whites. SIS, back then you needed to be connected and speck two languages, oh in of course I was white. I finally did get out of patrol and someone took pity on me and got me a great gig. The funniest part of all this. I could of got transferred to I.S. back then now it's I.A. anytime I wanted. I said not NO but he!! no! That wasn't for me. White's get treated like sh!t here, unless your connected, sleeping with someone. Many places, even smaller are better to work for whites. If you get hired here, you'll see in time. All your good for is the sh!t details others won't do. Good Luck yo you..

  9. #49
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    YES, You won't make it through!
    look at the recent demographics of the city of miami police department that are sworn officers
    The demographics of full-time sworn personnel are as of 2017

    Male: 82%
    Female: 18%
    Hispanic: 54%
    African-American/Black: 27%
    White: 19%
    this is whats being reported... white anglo officers 19% ??? that is a crock of **** more like 1%.... black officers 27% ????? that is wrong as well more like 40%... eventhough the report is saying 54% hispanic officers that's B.S. too...you can minus about 18 % of the 19% anglos they are reporting as anglo white police officers...so in reality its really 59% hispanic...40% black and maybe 1 % anglo officers... these numbers that are published must be from 1994...because that is not the correct percentages!!!

  10. #50
    Unregistered
    Guest
    How is everyone doing so far in their process ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •