Pension Board conflict of interest - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    No different than the PBA board using PBA Leave (deducted from our leave balances each year) to attend balls and galas at five star resorts around the state. Don’t blame Richie cause he found his scam, just make or find your own. It’s the TPD way.
    HUH??????
    I think you may want to check to see if that is correct.

Unregistered

Free Income Tax

Dam, y’all ruthless!! The dude possibly could permanently loss his hearing over time due to work. It still has to be proven so chill out until that time. He has a large family so I’m sure doing 65 is the last thing he wants, so not sure why your assuming he is scamming the system. To the original poster , Go back to your retired life and mind your own business.
    If I could retire LOD 65% I would take it in a Heart Beat, TAX FREE for life.

Unregistered
    If I could retire LOD 65% I would take it in a Heart Beat, TAX FREE for life.
    I think you found your answer!

Unregistered
    3 officers got injured this year by cannon blast

Unregistered
    So they are going to let a deaf guy keep sitting on the pension board, making decisions for and against other officers disabilities. Don't really care about his own issue and don't want to seem insensitive in this P.C. culture, but if he's so deaf he can't work anymore, how's he supposed to hear about someone's disability?

Sounds like he would be more of a liability to a disability applicant. Kind of like how they had to re-do disability hearings because pension board members were in the habit of going to the restroom during disability hearings and the court said they couldn't vote on applicants when they weren't in the room for their full hearings.

Yes, I notice the irony that they are called "Disability HEARINGS". It's kind of sad that the pension board doesn't.

Unregistered
    So they are going to let a deaf guy keep sitting on the pension board, making decisions for and against other officers disabilities. Don't really care about his own issue and don't want to seem insensitive in this P.C. culture, but if he's so deaf he can't work anymore, how's he supposed to hear about someone's disability?

Sounds like he would be more of a liability to a disability applicant. Kind of like how they had to re-do disability hearings because pension board members were in the habit of going to the restroom during disability hearings and the court said they couldn't vote on applicants when they weren't in the room for their full hearings.

Yes, I notice the irony that they are called "Disability HEARINGS". It's kind of sad that the pension board doesn't.
    I am sorry, but you are ignorant. He has and continues to serve very well on the board.

However, if and when he retires, are you doing to run to fill his seat?

Unregistered
    Lot of bullcrap on this thread. Rich is a good person and cop. Hope he ends up ok in the long run.

Unregistered
    To all you assholes out there, have you taken the time to talk with him. I sat down and talked with him and he does not want to leave. He advised that he is being forced by the workers comp doctors and that he would rather stay and collect his five years in the drop. He also advised that when his case comes before the board, he will resign from his spot so there is no conflict of interest. Before you bad mouth the guy, why don't you sit down and talk with the guy. As as far as your stupid remark about the pistol team and firearms instructor, if that was the case most 20 year officers would be deaf. Don't show your ignorant side, just sit down a few minutes and talk with the guy and by the way, he is wearing hearing aids but his hearing is still going south. Have some compassion. You don't complain when a firefighter twists a kneee and retires or a fellow officer retires because of a hurt finger (shoot with the other hand like CHIEF CASTOR) but this guy can possibly go deaf and you complain. You are a asshole and a loser.

Unregistered
    He has been a good board member. Sorry to hear about his issue. Those pirate jerkoffs do it on purpose to anyone leo in uniform. Should be charged with a crime imo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12