Working at FLPD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Working at FLPD

Unregistered

Working at FLPD

Can anyone (who worked or works there) provide insight regarding the work culture, schedule/shifts, benefits, etc at FLPD? Is it nonstop calls or is there time for proactive policing every once in a while?

Unregistered
    The recent shoot out on Sunrise BLVD. should give you an insight on how nuts Lauderdale is....

Unregistered
    Day shift 5 8hr days
    Evening/mids are on 4 10hr days

Some days it’s call to call but you should be able to find time to be proactive

Unregistered
    I'm from out of state so I'd have to look up the shooting lol. Oh ok... 8 hour shifts are horrible. Thanks for the input

Unregistered
    Anymore input regarding the department? Take homes? Pay? Retirement?

Unregistered

Get your answers from Recruiting or the FOP Lodge 31.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anymore input regarding the department? Take homes? Pay? Retirement?
    This agency is an excellent place for you to come and WORK at. Just like most other large cities with a tourist draw, you will never be bored and may at times have no calls to respond to. I worked here for 30 years and it was the best time of my life as a police officer. The friendships you'll make with co-workers,residents, business people, tourists and even those you arrest may never be matched anywhere else.

You mentioned proactive work. Just work, and the rest will fall into your lap or turn right in front of you in almost every zone in the city. If you pass this opportunity up (providing you pass the hiring process) you'd be a fool not to take the job.

Good Luck

Unregistered
    Thank you for the feedback. I'll have to think about it. I've been on 12 hr shifts for years and going to 8s would be pretty difficult

Unregistered
    8 hr shift is only for day shift. The rest of the department are on 10 hrs. 4 on 3 off

Once staffing is up to par we all should be at 10 hrs again hopefully

Unregistered

Take Home Car policy

What is Fort Lauderdale PD take home policy? Is it after FTO or after probation? And it is too work only?

Unregistered
    How long is the hiring process? I’m curious with Miami Gardens, no step plan so I’m leaving. I’m in the process with Dade but I’m concerdering a 2nd option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast