Working at MBPD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Working at MBPD

Unregistered

Working at MBPD

Can anyone (who worked or works there) provide insight regarding the work culture, schedule/shifts, benefits, etc at MBPD? Is it nonstop calls or is there time for proactive policing every once in a while?

Unregistered
    Papo. The only one being proactive is the guy with 3 stars.

Unregistered
    Ok... well that pretty much sums it up lol.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can anyone (who worked or works there) provide insight regarding the work culture, schedule/shifts, benefits, etc at MBPD? Is it nonstop calls or is there time for proactive policing every once in a while?
    Honestly if your concern is nonstop calls or the proactivity then maybe your in the wrong profession and this place just might not be for you.

Unregistered
    I've been a certified (and proactive) officer in Virginia for five years. Don't be so quick to judge

Unregistered
    Well 5 year “veteran”, then you should know better than to come on to this trash talking web forum to ask that dumb question.

Unregistered
    Based off your response I now know it's a trash talking forum. I was looking for honest and useful insight. Clearly that's not available. Love your respectful commentary. You're probably a joy to work with.

Unregistered
    I apologize for my disgruntled co-worker. There are a couple of loosers who come on this site regularly to talk shit and it makes it appear as if the entire department is like that. We have problems just like any other department. Maybe a little more because of our demographics and the type of community we police. The administration is questionable at BEST. But as long as you come here to do your job and do it well you could have a rewarding and fruitful career. I am near the end of my career and although I have seen many changes (both goodd and bad) I would trade it. The benefits and the pay are very good. All the off duty you can handle and plenty of overtime. Just gotta be willing to put in the work. There is a reason that so many officers have jumped ship at their old departments to come to the Beach and it isn't because of the shittalking assholes on this stupid forum.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I apologize for my disgruntled co-worker. There are a couple of loosers who come on this site regularly to talk shit and it makes it appear as if the entire department is like that. We have problems just like any other department. Maybe a little more because of our demographics and the type of community we police. The administration is questionable at BEST. But as long as you come here to do your job and do it well you could have a rewarding and fruitful career. I am near the end of my career and although I have seen many changes (both goodd and bad) I would trade it. The benefits and the pay are very good. All the off duty you can handle and plenty of overtime. Just gotta be willing to put in the work. There is a reason that so many officers have jumped ship at their old departments to come to the Beach and it isn't because of the shittalking assholes on this stupid forum.
    Ok Pastor Perfect AKA Ernesto.

Unregistered
    Thank you for a level headed response

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast