Show us the money!

to_whom_it_concerns

Show us the money!

With the state average salary of a law enforcement officer between $48,000 to $56,000, Opa-Locka officers are left making less than some security guards. A starting salary near $38,000 for a crime ridden city with less than 25 patrol officers to share the work load is outrageous. We risk our lives for pennies under deplorable conditions while the crooks up top make off with the money.

We’ve got the experience, balls, and work ethic to get the job done, show us the money!

Unregistered
    pfff good luck with that.

Unregistered
    Heard brook was gone yikes

Unregistered
    To the OP: you guys are making more than I thought. I last remember when OLPD officer's were making 32,000 yearly. The fact is many cities with your demographic and financial make up don't pay well at all. You knew this going in and still applied. Riviera Beach(the opa-locka of Palm Beach) just pushed their starting salary to 42k but sergeants top out at less than 50k. My advice would be for you to get experience and apply to another department ASAP! Opa-locka is a city that can't afford itself and will gladly accept reject officers working for pennies. Be safe out there and best of luck to you .