FDLE- Racial Bias with promotions, personell handling

Unregistered

FDLE- Racial Bias with promotions, personell handling

I was skeptical about the things I've heard, but I would say that it's apparent that FDLE does not like to promote those of color within the Agency. The good old boy network appears to be alive and well, much to my disappointment.

If you are thinking of coming to FDLE and are a minority or of color, you may want to do some research!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I was skeptical about the things I've heard, but I would say that it's apparent that FDLE does not like to promote those of color within the Agency. The good old boy network appears to be alive and well, much to my disappointment.

If you are thinking of coming to FDLE and are a minority or of color, you may want to do some research!
    What are you basing that on? Did you get passed up for promotion? Did you do a PR request to see what the ratio of minority supervisors are vs. overall employee demographs? You do know we have an African male as a SAC of Miami right? One of the highest positions in the agency.

Unregistered
    Didn't that African SAC get passed up for White Male that is not as qualified nor has as much time with the Agency for Deputy Commissioner?

Unregistered
    All I know is when I looked at the Torch Run photo early this month I saw about 9 or so African Americans out of 158. What is that, like 6%?

Unregistered
    All I know is when I looked at the Torch Run photo early this month I saw about 9 or so African Americans out of 158. What is that, like 6%?
    Florida has a 17% African American population. 6% is a little low but not horrible considering it is very difficult to attract qualified minorities to law enforcement. It is even harder for FDLE to attract them. Why would a minority want to come to FDLE when they have a great chance at getting promoted at local law enforcement where the salaries are much higher or even work for federal agencies. At the end of the day with all things considered, 6% sounds about right.

Unregistered
    No way Tom Foy is more qualified that T. Walker, period!!!

Unregistered
    You don't get it. TF is a henchman that has no conscious but puts up a good front. TW has a conscious and what you see is what you get. Who do you think Swearingen wants? The guy with no conscious that is willing to go dirty to get what he wants done, no questions asked.

TF has spent his career as a meathead and not doing real investigations, ie, doing swat, tech, riding the special flashy uniforms of "aren't I a bad ass".

You be the judge.

Unregistered
    No way Tom Foy is more qualified that T. Walker, period!!!

Troy W. was not passed over because of his lack of experience. He has plenty of experience. He was passed over because of 2 things. The horrible morale in his region and (#2), his sometimes uncontrolled temper. There is the well known incident with a motorist in Tampa accusing him of pulling a gun on the motorist after a Road Rage Incident. Charges were drafted by the SAO but after some lobbying, the charges were not filed.