+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Admin Threats

Unregistered

Admin Threats

I’m so sick of the threats of losing our jobs by this administration trying to control everything we do. Now we’re told not to post on any social media site or “Risk being fired”! Enough is enough, this administration is lacking confidence so they go to hard nose threats! Time to wake up city manager and council and put an end to this sh$&!

Unregistered
    Can we, via the union, have a vote of no confidence against this Chief...... AND the city manager? Is that possible?

Unregistered
    First, don’t post stupid things that could risk your job. Use some common sense. Second, when was the last time the majority of the officers had confidence in any chief? The problem is not the chief. The problem is city council and city manager. They literally gave DB the chief position and he wasn’t even qualified by their own standards! Not to mention his qualifications were slightly exaggerated. His 15 years of experience went like this. Fto after less than a year, Sgt within 3 years, quit for a couple years, came back as a LT, given a captain spot when LT was dissolved, then we all know how he was given the chief spot. So, what does this guy really know about being a patrol officer, which makes up probably 90% of this department. If you ask most veteran officers you’re not a “veteran” until you’ve worked 5 years of patrol. Well, DB was selling tee shirts after five years then never worked patrol again.

The problem is city council and city manager. They run the show and don’t want anyone with too much experience or knowledge being chief to tell them how to run their police department.

My advice would be thankful you have a job or keep your close clean and apply elsewhere.

Unregistered
    Yes you can do a vote of no confidence on the Chief. Contact Jim Diamond! Db is using the same tactics his hero Shears tried to use. Same threatening hostile work environment so let’s get this Shit fixed!

Unregistered
    It could be worse, you could work for PSO. Unfortunately I think every place is like this now. I'd kill for a department that let you be a cop and as long as you did the right things live fear free.

Unregistered
    You’re obviously not talking about ZPD...lmao!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It could be worse, you could work for PSO. Unfortunately I think every place is like this now. I'd kill for a department that let you be a cop and as long as you did the right things live fear free.
    Thanks chief for your input but you’re wrong again

+ Reply to Thread