Admin Threats

Thread: Admin Threats

Unregistered

Admin Threats

I’m so sick of the threats of losing our jobs by this administration trying to control everything we do. Now we’re told not to post on any social media site or “Risk being fired”! Enough is enough, this administration is lacking confidence so they go to hard nose threats! Time to wake up city manager and council and put an end to this sh$&!

Unregistered
    Can we, via the union, have a vote of no confidence against this Chief...... AND the city manager? Is that possible?

Unregistered
    First, don’t post stupid things that could risk your job. Use some common sense. Second, when was the last time the majority of the officers had confidence in any chief? The problem is not the chief. The problem is city council and city manager. They literally gave DB the chief position and he wasn’t even qualified by their own standards! Not to mention his qualifications were slightly exaggerated. His 15 years of experience went like this. Fto after less than a year, Sgt within 3 years, quit for a couple years, came back as a LT, given a captain spot when LT was dissolved, then we all know how he was given the chief spot. So, what does this guy really know about being a patrol officer, which makes up probably 90% of this department. If you ask most veteran officers you’re not a “veteran” until you’ve worked 5 years of patrol. Well, DB was selling tee shirts after five years then never worked patrol again.

The problem is city council and city manager. They run the show and don’t want anyone with too much experience or knowledge being chief to tell them how to run their police department.

My advice would be thankful you have a job or keep your close clean and apply elsewhere.

Unregistered
    Yes you can do a vote of no confidence on the Chief. Contact Jim Diamond! Db is using the same tactics his hero Shears tried to use. Same threatening hostile work environment so let’s get this Shit fixed!

Unregistered
    It could be worse, you could work for PSO. Unfortunately I think every place is like this now. I'd kill for a department that let you be a cop and as long as you did the right things live fear free.

Unregistered
    You’re obviously not talking about ZPD...lmao!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It could be worse, you could work for PSO. Unfortunately I think every place is like this now. I'd kill for a department that let you be a cop and as long as you did the right things live fear free.
    Thanks chief for your input but you’re wrong again

Unregistered

So sad

The chief and the bi-polar captain don't have a clue and never had. They forced out Butt-boy-era who really was a pain in the ass. That arrogant ass should have never been hired but he was a buddy with the Brew-Master. I am looking to leave this loony bin and I know most of my squad is to. Even if our vote of no confidense is done it wont do any good because the chief can't get out from under the city managers desk long enough to see it. I thought we were going to have a new chapter but its the same sad Nightmare on 8th Street book.

Unregistered
    They were not friends at all. Sadly the administration turns a blind eye to major problems to avoid headaches. Meanwhile they jam good cops up over bs. If they think you'll fight it they will leave you alone. The incompetence at the top is taking a toll on the officers and unless the city starts a step plan that rivals PSO they will be in some major trouble. Nothing like getting told just to leave when they know you can't because of bull shit IAs. The problem child got pushed out because he was getting the city sued. They knew he was trouble while in FTO but were too busy doing God knows what to take care of the problem. No worry they will just blame it on DS and RM.

Unregistered

Not so

No old But-boy-era was the chiefs first hire. That one was all him... former chief said no way, just look at his file. With the two huge heads in the admin hallway don't know how anyone can walk down the hall. Then you got Lt. Know-it-all cutting Capt. Big Mouth with the chief and its is laughable. Wonder if the capt. knows that his Lt is always up the chiefs ass talking about him? What a place man with two drama queens in charge.