I truly think your officers need a 4% raise or 5%

Unregistered

I truly think your officers need a 4% raise or 5%

I'm always doing business in your community and for the life of me I have never seen so many police officers representing one community be so swamped with special events, special weekends , crowd control issues in the age of ever increasing terror and public safety concerns. If it's true that morale is so destroyed beacuse of it all, I imagine a modest 4% or 5% raise would be hopefully enough to get these officers feeling appreciated in spite of all the things above that will continue. I honestly don't see how many of them will live too long after retirement, the cortisol damage to the cardio and pulmonary arterial hypertension is going to put them all in early graves. We don't deploy our military nonstop and both groups get shot at by bad guys and see the same adeniline spikes. I feel bad they won't be around to enjoy thier grandchildren.

Unregistered
    Wrong. I know plenty of retired officers living a good healthy life. Most if not all end up moving away from this banana republic and buy nice big Harleys and RV's to drive all over while enjoying their most deserved life lasting pensions which can run from $5k-$10k a month. Don't feel sorry for us, we love what we do.

Unregistered
    The pension is good. I've been retired for a while. As a matter of fact, my pension is going to pay for my operation. Yeah, i know. I got bored living such a good uneventful life. Anyways, I'll be going by Trixie from now on

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The pension is good. I've been retired for a while. As a matter of fact, my pension is going to pay for my operation. Yeah, i know. I got bored living such a good uneventful life. Anyways, I'll be going by Trixie from now on
    officer after what you have endured you can call yourself whatever you want, thank you for.your service.