FHP is not needed - no vital service - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Road Man Lou A View Post
    Well, first off, I can go across the county line to investigate a crime or a crash, and make an arrest and book the person in the same place where I caught up to them. Something you can't because you're jurisdiction is limited. I found one thing, do you want more? More education to follow if necessary...
    Lmao! "Investigate crime" PLEASE! Like what?! And if you think local PDs can't do that, you need to go back to the academy, or get out of chapter 316, dumbass

Unregistered

Read this

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lmao! "Investigate crime" PLEASE! Like what?! And if you think local PDs can't do that, you need to go back to the academy, or get out of chapter 316, dumbass
    Should've read "where the crime occurred", not "where I caught them"

Fs 901.15(3)

You asked for something, can you do it, yes or no?

Unregistered
    Just as I thought, not one person can describe why FHP is needed.
    You came to this forum to demand a serious answer? These posters are just trolling you at this point.

Failed.

Unregistered
    Even if they are trollers, they have a point. I have been and a deputy/officer for 27 years and see their point of view. Usually, Deputies and Offiecrs get on scene and secure it then have to wait sometimes up to an hour for a trooper to arrive. In my county, the SO and PD work crashes and do not cal FHP unless it is on the interstate. Sometimes, when notified that you guys are holding calls, we just work the crash ourselves. With the new prefill system, you normally have the entire crash report done along with the citations if any nowadays. Disbanding FHP and letting the counties and cities (that have an interstate running through their jurisdiction) hire a couple of troopers, the state could save millions of dollars. By getting rid of cars, buildings, operational maintenance costs and all of the salaries (especially upper management), it would save taxpayers alot of money for a department that provides mediocre service at best. Don't get your feelings hurt but it just common sense. I drive through a county to get to my county to work and rarely see a trooper on the interstate and commonly see vehicles speeding in excess of 100mph (by radar). So either you guys are so short handed that you no longer are effective or you have have troopers that are not on the interstate doing their jobs. And before you cry, that county works their own crashes so they dont call you guys to come work crashes. And just think, the few troopers that get hired by the SO and PD would get a HUGE pay increase. Good luck and stay safe.

Unregistered
    I’ve been a Police Officer longer than you have. And I still get ballz deep in your Wife and Mom, twice a night.
    What are you, 15 years old? IF and I do mean, "IF" you wear the badge, your comment is Juvenile and leads to question what agency was fool enough to hire you and have you represent them.

Unregistered
    What are you, 15 years old? IF and I do mean, "IF" you wear the badge, your comment is Juvenile and leads to question what agency was fool enough to hire you and have you represent them.
    Don’t worry about what agency hired me. You need to be worrying if I’m gonna be your Daddy or not. Waiting for Mama to pee on that stick.

Unregistered
    Don’t worry about what agency hired me. You need to be worrying if I’m gonna be your Daddy or not. Waiting for Mama to pee on that stick.
    Speaking of Mommy and Daddy, I don't think they'll be all too impressed now that your IP address is locked. In the mean time, I will use a quote from Gunnery Sergeant R. Lee Ermey - "It looks to me like the best part of you ran down the crack of your mama's ass and ended up as a brown stain on the mattress."

Unregistered
    Speaking of Mommy and Daddy, I don't think they'll be all too impressed now that your IP address is locked. In the mean time, I will use a quote from Gunnery Sergeant R. Lee Ermey - "It looks to me like the best part of you ran down the crack of your mama's ass and ended up as a brown stain on the mattress."
    Dooley is that you!?!?

Unregistered
    I’ll be the first to admit FHP doesn’t have enough on the interstate. But they also don’t have enough on the major roads that run through the rest of the county (that the SO calls for).

A lot of times, the interstate flows just fine (even with speeders), while there are crashes that are blocking up the main surface roads. That’s where troopers are sometimes.

But troopers do sit on crashes for like three hours each.

Unregistered
    I’ll be the first to admit FHP doesn’t have enough on the interstate. But they also don’t have enough on the major roads that run through the rest of the county (that the SO calls for).

A lot of times, the interstate flows just fine (even with speeders), while there are crashes that are blocking up the main surface roads. That’s where troopers are sometimes.

But troopers do sit on crashes for like three hours each.
    Well, yeah. It takes 3 or 4 troopers to do a report. The first guy there has to wait for a SGT, and/or LT to show up and change or approve the report. This can take 3-4 hours in some cases, especially if the Lt shows up and wants the report re-done.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast