Speed Kills - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Kills

Baxter
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Come on man. We all know that troopers don't speed. They are the cream of the crop of law enforcement and never break any rules. How about the fact that the kid was standing in the roadway and the trooper was not paying enough attention to not strike him. He was probably talking on the phone, messing with the computer or adjusting his jock strap.
    Since you were in the car with the trooper, please keep that info between yourself and the investigators. Thanks.

If you WERE NOT there, please keep your conjecture to yourself. Thank you.

Unregistered
    Come on man. We all know that troopers don't speed. They are the cream of the crop of law enforcement and never break any rules. How about the fact that the kid was standing in the roadway and the trooper was not paying enough attention to not strike him. He was probably talking on the phone, messing with the computer or adjusting his jock strap.
    You obviously didn’t read the article or watch the news video attached to the article. The bicyclist attempted to cross the roadway (not at a crosswalk), was narrowly missed by another vehicle, changed course and was then struck by the trooper. Please, don’t be one of those that reads the headline and cherry picks the info.

Unregistered
    You obviously didn’t read the article or watch the news video attached to the article. The bicyclist attempted to cross the roadway (not at a crosswalk), was narrowly missed by another vehicle, changed course and was then struck by the trooper. Please, don’t be one of those that reads the headline and cherry picks the info.
    This still doesn't absolve the trooper of guilt. The speed has not yet been determined. I wish I lived down there because I'd document the skid marks myself. At least there is a cctv video of the incident. And great job having THI investigate. Maybe if I ever get a ticket I can have my friend determine whether or not the infraction occurred. That would be cool.

Unregistered
    This still doesn't absolve the trooper of guilt. The speed has not yet been determined. I wish I lived down there because I'd document the skid marks myself. At least there is a cctv video of the incident. And great job having THI investigate. Maybe if I ever get a ticket I can have my friend determine whether or not the infraction occurred. That would be cool.
    What infraction occurred? You mean 316.075(1)(a)(3).

So you're driving down the road and a cyclist darts across the road not at the crosswalk and you hit them...you would be at fault?

Name one infraction that the Trooper Violated? I can think of several the pedestrian violated. If the Trooper was speeding that will come out. However, collision still occured because the cyclist violated the Troopers right of way.

Unregistered
    What infraction occurred? You mean 316.075(1)(a)(3).

So you're driving down the road and a cyclist darts across the road not at the crosswalk and you hit them...you would be at fault?

Name one infraction that the Trooper Violated? I can think of several the pedestrian violated. If the Trooper was speeding that will come out. However, collision still occured because the cyclist violated the Troopers right of way.
    If a cyclist darts in front of me? It depends. Was I not paying attention? Was I speeding? Could it have been reasonably avoided? The only thing I haven't been able to safely avoid is a speeding ticket. I'm thinking about getting a laser jammer though (antilaser priority). 2 grand is a bit pricey considering I don't even go 6 over, but it would be worth avoiding a bitter-at-the-world trooper.

Why didn't Rosario yield the right of way to Olivares? Olivares still got in trouble. But then again Olivares isn't a trooper, and Rosarios buddies investigated.

I said he is not absolved of guilt, not that he is guilty. The Trooper could have been speeding, driving distracted or driving drowsy.

Unfortunately I've verified that FDLE is not involved in an investigation. And the PIO Comacho wouldn't even answer my questions. What a disgusting injustice this is.

Unregistered
    If a cyclist darts in front of me? It depends. Was I not paying attention? Was I speeding? Could it have been reasonably avoided? The only thing I haven't been able to safely avoid is a speeding ticket. I'm thinking about getting a laser jammer though (antilaser priority). 2 grand is a bit pricey considering I don't even go 6 over, but it would be worth avoiding a bitter-at-the-world trooper.

Why didn't Rosario yield the right of way to Olivares? Olivares still got in trouble. But then again Olivares isn't a trooper, and Rosarios buddies investigated.

I said he is not absolved of guilt, not that he is guilty. The Trooper could have been speeding, driving distracted or driving drowsy.

Unfortunately I've verified that FDLE is not involved in an investigation. And the PIO Comacho wouldn't even answer my questions. What a disgusting injustice this is.
    Your mother’s decision not to abort you was a disgusting injustice to us all.

Unregistered

You're driving down the road in your lane and you reach to change the radio station. A pedestrian darts into your lane. You happen to be going let's say 10 mph over the posted limit. You would argue that you're at fault? You clearly are only seeing fault here because it was a LEO behind the wheel. Had this been another driver you would blame the cyclist.

It's clear as day that he was almost hit by another vehicle and then struck by the Trooper.

Sounds like you need to slow down and perhaps you wouldn't have to worry about speeding tickets.

Unregistered
    You're driving down the road in your lane and you reach to change the radio station. A pedestrian darts into your lane. You happen to be going let's say 10 mph over the posted limit. You would argue that you're at fault? You clearly are only seeing fault here because it was a LEO behind the wheel. Had this been another driver you would blame the cyclist.

It's clear as day that he was almost hit by another vehicle and then struck by the Trooper.

Sounds like you need to slow down and perhaps you wouldn't have to worry about speeding tickets.
    If the trooper was going 10 over then how much did his stopping distance increase? Could he have seen the individual and prevented the accident had he not been speeding? Again, for the second time, I am not saying this individual is guilty or not. I'm just saying that it's possible he's partly responsible. I'm sure his friends will conduct a totally unbiased investigation for the deceased.

Unregistered
    Your mother’s decision not to abort you was a disgusting injustice to us all.
    Yeah my dad told me that every day growing up. And then I'd tell him to please stop and he'd say, "Folks, if you don't like it then leave. There are 150 warm eggs in your mother's clam ready to fill your position."

Unregistered
    If the trooper was going 10 over then how much did his stopping distance increase? Could he have seen the individual and prevented the accident had he not been speeding? Again, for the second time, I am not saying this individual is guilty or not. I'm just saying that it's possible he's partly responsible. I'm sure his friends will conduct a totally unbiased investigation for the deceased.
    About 30 feet...to answer your question but still a cut and dry violation of right away violation by the cyclist. Had the trooper been on the bicycle I'd still be saying the cyclist was at fault regardless of the vehicles speed. You, Sir, are a dumbass.

Here is what you should do. Find a busy roadway and jump out in front of the first car you think is speeding. The bigger the vehicle the better.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast