Speed Kills
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Kills

Unregistered
    No, being an idiot bicyclist and darting out into oncoming traffic kills.

Baxter
    This type of hazard is getting a lot worse. Pedestrians are being killed in record numbers and the vast majority could have been prevented by paying attention, not taking huge risks etc. The bicyclists are getting worse as well. They just dart out into heavy traffic and assume everyone will be able to avoid hitting them.

Unregistered
    The other day in downtown Miami I had this bicyclist run the red light right in front of me. I hate em!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If it hasn't already been done, could someone go pick up the tape.

Unregistered
    So let's hang the trooper before the investigation is done. Isn't that how it works? Speed kills, wtf do you know how fast he was going? You can't barely see anything on that cheap surveillance video.

Tony Danza
    Ohhh, I thought this was about methamphetamine

Baxter
    So let's hang the trooper before the investigation is done. Isn't that how it works? Speed kills, wtf do you know how fast he was going? You can't barely see anything on that cheap surveillance video.

Very well said. None of us were there. All I can comment on is what I see regularly, and it would not surprise me one bit if what comes to light exonerates the LEO from his News Media/blogger's guilty conviction. Again, I wasn't there but as most of you are aware, instead of using due caution, pedestrians, bicyclists, people on motorized wheelchairs, golf carts, motorcyclists and many others add to the already significant traffic risks with their blatant risk-taking carelessness. This particular incident involved the death of a human being, so it would make sense to ME at least, to look at this in an unbiased manner until such a time as there is a much larger body of evidence which can point us all to how this happened and how it could have been prevented. My thoughts and prayers are with the family of the deceased, but also with the trooper involved and those investigating this. Everyone else, be cautious and pay attention to not only the road, but the sidewalks, the adjoining properties and parking lots. This could have been YOU with 35 people already convinced that it's your fault with only 5% of the relevant info at hand. STAY SAFE !!!

Unregistered
    Come on man. We all know that troopers don't speed. They are the cream of the crop of law enforcement and never break any rules. How about the fact that the kid was standing in the roadway and the trooper was not paying enough attention to not strike him. He was probably talking on the phone, messing with the computer or adjusting his jock strap.

Unregistered
    If it hasn't already been done, could someone go pick up the tape.
    I'll be doing that, but I'm sure they'll try to sweep it under the rug.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast