HCSO Needs This Now

Unregistered

Unregistered
    Never gonna happen at this agency. That would me everything isnt nice and rosey like the command staff pretends. It would mean the chiefs “rule as a tyrant” attitude has failed. So again it will never happen.
    Nothing to see here now move along deputy and keep drinking the favorable fridays kool aid. That makes me want barf everytime I see it. Nothing but proganda from command staff. Fake and phony.

Unregistered
    Best thread ever created on this site. So something CAN be done all along? These are issues that can be looked into? Thats good news. The only bad thing is that it must be aknowleged by the upper command. It wont. What has to give?

Unregistered
    We go back and have a vote to unionize is what has to give. This agency will never change till we do

Unregistered
    Well I am since retired now I am a retired brass but one thing is for sure we tried a Union before and it was a hot mess it was just a load of shit and a load of I/A shoving there shit down me and my union reps throat for no reason maybe this time it will be different

Unregistered
    Give the new administration a chance. They are not of the same mindset of the past and are working on several good things. The bar has been lifted and I believe we are fixing to take giant leaps.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well I am since retired now I am a retired brass but one thing is for sure we tried a Union before and it was a hot mess it was just a load of shit and a load of I/A shoving there shit down me and my union reps throat for no reason maybe this time it will be different
    The phrase you are looking for is "unfair labor practices." The office has been spanked for it a few times and still busted the union with promises of financial gain to class members, promotions for signature gatherers, and threats to anyone that refused to sign/vote to decertify.

Unregistered
    The phrase you are looking for is "unfair labor practices." The office has been spanked for it a few times and still busted the union with promises of financial gain to class members, promotions for signature gatherers, and threats to anyone that refused to sign/vote to decertify.
    You witnessed all this illegal activity and did nothing about it? I thought you took an oath to uphold the law. Clearly your ethics are no better than those you besmirch.

Unregistered
    You witnessed all this illegal activity and did nothing about it? I thought you took an oath to uphold the law. Clearly your ethics are no better than those you besmirch.
    Indeed I did. As part of my oath I was charged with upholding certain criminal and civil statutes within my jurisdiction as a neutral third party. The issue here is that public bargaining is enforced by PERC and is civil in nature. There are no criminal remedies nor does the HCSO have jurisdiction. Secondly, as a member of the affected class, I am not disinterested. Some of the ULPs were pursued through PERC. Some had positive resolutions for the union and some had positive results for the office. By the end of that era the union was so broken down their resistance was ineffective. Just because there is a law doesn't always mean it is enforced. This is old news. The people that were employed during this time know what I'm talking about. The office has an unfortunate history of this sort of thing. Ask the CPIs about overtime and take home cars. Ask the IT workers about pregnancy and being fired.

Unregistered

please stop your hatred, we have a new Sheriff who is very involved with the Office

please stop your hatred, we have a new Sheriff who is very involved with the Office