Sarasota County commissioners approve medical marijuana dispensary

Senior Member LEO Affairs Lieutenant

Lightbulb Sarasota County commissioners approve medical marijuana dispensary

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Rodriguez
    SARASOTA COUNTY — Sarasota County commissioners voted 4-1 to allow Trulieve to dispense marijuana in the Venice Pines Shopping Plaza on Jacaranda Boulevard in unincorporated Sarasota County. Trulieve sells marijuana in cream, oil, capsule and vapor forms and already provides home deliveries to patients in Venice. “Venice has been a very busy area for us,” Trulieve CEO Kim Rivers said.

Commissioner Mike Moran cast the dissenting vote. Commission Chairwoman Nancy Detert voted for it because she said she realizes how much it helps people.

County commissioners are now considering another dispensary to be located at Fruitville and Richarsonson Roads, which will be operated by AltMed in the unincorporated county.

Sarasota and Venice municipalities have banned marijuana establishments.
    Trulieve Cannabis Shop:
    https://www.trulieve.com/

AltMed Cannabis:
    http://www.altmed.co/

Full story:
    http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20...ana-dispensary
    Journalism can never be silent: that is its greatest virtue and its greatest fault. It must speak, and speak immediately, while the echoes of wonder, the claims of triumph and the signs of horror are still in the air.

Unregistered
    Why fight it. Its here and its a multi million dollar industry. The state approved it...

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why fight it. Its here and its a multi million dollar industry. The state approved it...
    People who smoke pot every day lose their ambition. They become lazy. Also, "smoking your lungs" is bad. Smoke ***** and is carcinogenic. The only thing that should be smoked are baby-back ribs from Sonny's BBQ.

Unregistered
    People who smoke pot every day lose their ambition. They become lazy. Also, "smoking your lungs" is bad. Smoke ***** and is carcinogenic. The only thing that should be SM0KED are baby-back ribs from Sonny's BBQ.

Unregistered
    People who smoke pot every day lose their ambition. They become lazy. Also, "smoking your lungs" is bad. Smoke ***** and is carcinogenic. The only thing that should be smoked are baby-back ribs from Sonny's BBQ.

We can sure use a couple thousand more lazy, braindead didpshits sitting around on disabilities or unemployment!!!! Anything to turn Floduh into a third world dump quicker. Congo with golf courses.

Unregistered
    With all due respect,

99% of what being dispensed in Florida dispensaries are not smoked per se my friend. Most of the handheld vaporizer units use coil or inductor plate technology to vaporize the liquid thc and cbd. Once the medical marijuana cartridges are vaporized, 95% or more of the carcinogens are gone. Virtually smoke free. It's water vapor being inhaled. (or eaten, or topical) Worst case scenario is that THC and CBD can reside in your fatty cells. If all drugs only had that side effect, medical pot wouldn't be needed.

With no disrespect intended, Ignorance is curable by learning about what your talking about. Look, I'm no hippy that doesn't like LEOs. I was a career soldier, but I don't let years of indoctrinated nonsense tell me what's actual and what is BS. To see the truth, you just have to be willing to look.

Medical marijuana helps those that need it. People can be lazy and have no ambition on pot or not on pot. That's a hard reality you can stick in your pipe my friend.

If law abiding citizens are using medical marijuana in their homes and are not driving stoned, then really, who cares? How many hippies are out commiting crimes? I don't see all that many.

I know a few people that are the nicest hardest working people I know, and they vape daily for medical necessity and are now off traditional medications, some of which is dangerous and habit forming than medical pot..

Even abusers of pot IMHO are better off than people that drown their sorrows with alcohol. With all that said, I respect your opinion.