Accidental Self inflicted... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yeah....I agree! Somebody needs a hobby, family, something. Look thru most threads here. Most posts are the from the same person. This person will post under a logged in name, and then respond to those posts anonymously. It’s the same writing style, same theme and very obvious it’s the same person.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Unregistered
    Whoever you are, you need serious, serious help.
    your right I should just ignore the obvious and let things go but you know I just cannot get past the fact that over the course of the last several years good officers were forced out for little or no infractions of the rules and yet here we are fabricating a story to protect another LEO, from another department whose screwed up royally. If my opinion offends you really seriously who cares, live with it. Some of us actually take offense to this cover up and how this played out.

Unregistered
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Its your right to make your sarcastic comment or insinuations but if you can shed some light on this matter and disprove the poster then do so, otherwise again your just shooting your mouth off.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    your right I should just ignore the obvious and let things go but you know I just cannot get past the fact that over the course of the last several years good officers were forced out for little or no infractions of the rules and yet here we are fabricating a story to protect another LEO, from another department whose screwed up royally. If my opinion offends you really seriously who cares, live with it. Some of us actually take offense to this cover up and how this played out.
    I was surprised to the two young mothers that were 'testifying' on FB was nowhere on the report. I was also surprised they made a decision without ever tracking don the guy that fled. This is even more mysterious considering the officer and witness told a story that didnt match the video according to the finding. Will be interesting to see if SPD chases down those stories. Maybe NPPD did and just didnt mention it (or I missed it) in the report. The good news that is SPDs problem, not ours =)

I dont have a understanding how serious and infraction this is considered in the PD world, seems serious to me but maybe it is simply a inxperience training problem? So assuming the NPPD called 'accidntal shooting is right, what do you think the proper punishment for an officer that mishandles his gun in public? What do you think the Chief at SPD will do?

Unregistered
    Its your right to make your sarcastic comment or insinuations but if you can shed some light on this matter and disprove the poster then do so, otherwise again your just shooting your mouth off.
    the weapon in question was not a glock as stated, it was as reported a sig sauer P320 9mm. A glock is a relatively safe weapon as stated in these post but a Sig is by far a much better and safer weapon. As described has an auto safety firing safety combined with a disconnect designed to ENSURE safe carry, while PREVENTING accidental discharge if this gun is dropped or roughly handled. Also has an external slide safety. Spoke to a local gunsmith who sells sigs and had him read the article and explanation, stated this gun would never discharge as described, the safeties would have to be off and the trigger pulled with a live round actually in the chamber. So the posters had the make and caliber wrong but I seem to remember the PD scuttlebutt as to the gun being a glock and department issued by SPD, who knows what to believe. This incident was completely mishandled and covered up. What concerns me is the fact that a witness reported he was wrestling with another man just before the gun went off, oh well just another day at the NPPD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12