Pos - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pos

Unregistered
    Interesting reading, it occurred to me that it clearly defines as 784.048 “cyberstalking”. If I were the “Captain” being run down I would call the “Captain of CIB” and ask for a criminal investigation. Leo-affairs would have a hard time claiming freedom of speech when these posts are in violation of their stated terms of service posted at the top of the page. Just a thought but maybe get back to doing your jobs and not gossip mongering.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    i'll break it down for you smarty pants...

he's implying that a number of the rookie TPD officers are sleeping around to get a jump on everyone else...and that's actually a fact. it's not everybody, but it's happening.
    My post was rhetorical, wasn't really looking for the break down. Thanks for enlightening the others though

Unregistered
    Interesting reading, it occurred to me that it clearly defines as 784.048 “cyberstalking”. If I were the “Captain” being run down I would call the “Captain of CIB” and ask for a criminal investigation. Leo-affairs would have a hard time claiming freedom of speech when these posts are in violation of their stated terms of service posted at the top of the page. Just a thought but maybe get back to doing your jobs and not gossip mongering.
    So in the history of LEO affairs and the countless people named and literally slammed over the years, this is the one post that rises to cyberstalking?

Unregistered
    So in the history of LEO affairs and the countless people named and literally slammed over the years, this is the one post that rises to cyberstalking?
    Not what I am saying, you clearly are not a Detective. 1. Several recent posts like the one about a female cop in SAC most certainly qualifies as well and I would encourage her to go the same route. 2. “In the history of leo affairs” the statute is years younger than LEO Affairs so perhaps it’s time to educate the keyboard warriors about advances in law when it comes to attacks. But I’m sure you can back up the “rumor you heard” with facts so no worries!

Unregistered
    First, one of the requirements for cyberstalking is repeated action by a perpetrator. You assume that every one of these posts are from the same person. Can’t say for sure without getting IP addresses but think there is more than one person contributing.

Second, prosecuted cyberstalking cases involve someone directly contacting the victim. It’s hard to say someone is being stalked when they weren’t specifically invited to be apart of the conversation. Nothing more than squad mates gossiping and the person being talked about overhearing it.

Third, the person that this thread was about wasn’t even formally identified. Doesn’t make much a difference by itself but combined with the other points, it does.

Fourth, LEOAffairs not enforcing their terms of service has no bearing on their freedom of speech. It’s a private website. They can arbitrarily decide to follow their terms or not, change them at will, or have no terms at all. It doesn’t matter, they still have freedom of speech. At best, this would be a civil matter and that’s only if the comments are untrue. That’s what you would tell a citizen in a similar situation.

Unregistered
    First, one of the requirements for cyberstalking is repeated action by a perpetrator. You assume that every one of these posts are from the same person. Can’t say for sure without getting IP addresses but think there is more than one person contributing.

Second, prosecuted cyberstalking cases involve someone directly contacting the victim. It’s hard to say someone is being stalked when they weren’t specifically invited to be apart of the conversation. Nothing more than squad mates gossiping and the person being talked about overhearing it.

Third, the person that this thread was about wasn’t even formally identified. Doesn’t make much a difference by itself but combined with the other points, it does.

Fourth, LEOAffairs not enforcing their terms of service has no bearing on their freedom of speech. It’s a private website. They can arbitrarily decide to follow their terms or not, change them at will, or have no terms at all. It doesn’t matter, they still have freedom of speech. At best, this would be a civil matter and that’s only if the comments are untrue. That’s what you would tell a citizen in a similar situation.
    That was a lot of typing to try to assure yourself you aren’t up s-creek. To your first point; you don’t have to “assume” that’s what a subpoena will do followed by a second one for subscriber info. Which will all become public record; so if you are or are not ever prosecuted; you and the “gossiping squad mates” will be “exposed” for what you are. And since this site has attacked almost all the brass at one time or another; I am sure they will go easy on you for the glaring violations of policy here.

However here is why you will be prosecuted. You idiots didn’t keep it vague; you used his wife's name, his rank, his initials and specifically where he worked to make sure and remove all doubt. Basically you stepped on a giant bear trap. Probably why when this site started we talked about things pertaining to police work and the agency. Neither of which can file a criminal case against you.

Next your summation that “cyber stalking” requires direct contact of the victim is completely inaccurate; have you even read the statute? It’s purposely vague and only requires continued effort “no matter how short the duration”. Well this continued effort has been over a month. Not one time anywhere in the statute does it require direct contact. Don’t take my word for it; read it yourself or ask a friend that knows how to read.

The point about terms of service that you don’t get is that when you do not follow the terms of service of a website (like exactly in this case) a company (leo-affairs) can’t protect you as one of their clients when it comes to subpoenas. That’s why terms of service exist. You violated their rules creating this case, how would they then take your back?

Finally your “at best this would be a civil matter” is no doubt what you do tell a lot of citizens when you are too lazy to do your job and want to get back to gossiping about other cops with you “squad mates”. This is a misdemeanor stalk case all day; and I sincerely hope the victim acts on it. But again no worries for you; you have it all figured out.

I guess we will all know in the next 30-40 days (average time to get ip subpoena followed by second one for subscriber data. Personally I think we are all about to learn who the rumor spreaders and s* starters in this agency are.

Unregistered
    That was a lot of typing to try to assure yourself you aren’t up s-creek. To your first point; you don’t have to “assume” that’s what a subpoena will do followed by a second one for subscriber info. Which will all become public record; so if you are or are not ever prosecuted; you and the “gossiping squad mates” will be “exposed” for what you are. And since this site has attacked almost all the brass at one time or another; I am sure they will go easy on you for the glaring violations of policy here.

However here is why you will be prosecuted. You idiots didn’t keep it vague; you used his wife's name, his rank, his initials and specifically where he worked to make sure and remove all doubt. Basically you stepped on a giant bear trap. Probably why when this site started we talked about things pertaining to police work and the agency. Neither of which can file a criminal case against you.

Next your summation that “cyber stalking” requires direct contact of the victim is completely inaccurate; have you even read the statute? It’s purposely vague and only requires continued effort “no matter how short the duration”. Well this continued effort has been over a month. Not one time anywhere in the statute does it require direct contact. Don’t take my word for it; read it yourself or ask a friend that knows how to read.

The point about terms of service that you don’t get is that when you do not follow the terms of service of a website (like exactly in this case) a company (leo-affairs) can’t protect you as one of their clients when it comes to subpoenas. That’s why terms of service exist. You violated their rules creating this case, how would they then take your back?

Finally your “at best this would be a civil matter” is no doubt what you do tell a lot of citizens when you are too lazy to do your job and want to get back to gossiping about other cops with you “squad mates”. This is a misdemeanor stalk case all day; and I sincerely hope the victim acts on it. But again no worries for you; you have it all figured out.

I guess we will all know in the next 30-40 days (average time to get ip subpoena followed by second one for subscriber data. Personally I think we are all about to learn who the rumor spreaders and s* starters in this agency are.
    I am not one of the original posters talking shit about whoever they are talking shit about, quite frankly because I don’t give a shit about who’s screwing who, who’s doing what, what brass is doing what, don’t care.

I am intrigued by your menancing threats though. You act as if you are an expert of the law, however, I can’t agree with you on this one.

d) “Cyberstalk” means to engage in a course of conduct to communicate, or to cause to be communicated, words, images, or language by or through the use of electronic mail or electronic communication, directed at a specific person, causing substantial emotional distress to that person and serving no legitimate purpose.

It clearly says to communicate or cause to be communicated directed at a specific person. I don’t think these posts were intended to be directed at that person as much as they were intended to be about that person. The entire idea of stalking would involve following or harrasing trying to communicate with that person to harass them or bother them with no legitimate purpose. I don’t think these guys want to communicate to him as much as they want to communicate to others about him. Also it would hinge on whether the “victim” had substantial emotional distress. Knowing most of us tough guy type A personalities, my self included, you would probably be hard pressed to get one of us to admit we are “substantially emotionally distressed” over some dudes talking shit. Lol nice try at trying to scare people though lol.

Unregistered
    Wtf is wrong with you people. She already went through enough. If you truly care about her don’t go on here and just stir up some sh*t. What he is allegedly doing is disgusting under the circumstances. But you airing this out under these circumstances, their is a special place in hell for you.

Unregistered
    If anything, posting in a four month old thread only brought more attention to it.

Unregistered

?????

Do not jump to conclusions as to the identity of Captain cum. Only they know who they are. You may be confusing the title of Captain with an official title. As examples Captain Crunch, Captain Obvious, Captain Morgan etc...This title is rhetorical not ment to be literal. The problem with the police occupation is so many are philanderers we see Captain cum types at every turn, possibly in the mirror. So I guess there are in reality many many people at TPD that may be saying to themselves "am I Captain cum"? If this is you try getting your life back on track, just a friendly suggestion.

All 3 captains you mentioned are in fact honorable “literal” captains..... how dare you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123