Attacking the poster sucks!

Unregistered

Attacking the poster sucks!

Don't know about the rest of you, but I find it really irritating how much time and effort that some on this site spend trying to identify and out other posters so that they can hurl personal insults at them and attack, criticize, shame, embarrass and belittle them. Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t care who's making these posts. After all, isn't that the point of an anonymous site like this? To those who try to out other posters, you just come across as mean, childish and petty and do nothing to advance your position. Worse, your personal attacks make it seem like you have no valid points of your own if all you do is attack the poster and not the post. So let's just agree that everyone who posts on this site (including me) has an agenda or an unavoidable bias shaped by their own experiences. To me, the identity of the poster has no bearing on whether or not a post is factually accurate and makes a good, valid, relevant point. So with that as a starting point, here's a thought: let's knock off the personal attacks against the posters and instead make your case by commenting on the content and accuracy of a post and whether you agree or disagree on the points being made, and why. That's how we can tell who has the best and most compelling argument, that's what I want to read and that's why I come to this site. Can I get an Amen?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don't know about the rest of you, but I find it really irritating how much time and effort that some on this site spend trying to identify and out other posters so that they can hurl personal insults at them and attack, criticize, shame, embarrass and belittle them. Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t care who's making these posts. After all, isn't that the point of an anonymous site like this? To those who try to out other posters, you just come across as mean, childish and petty and do nothing to advance your position. Worse, your personal attacks make it seem like you have no valid points of your own if all you do is attack the poster and not the post. So let's just agree that everyone who posts on this site (including me) has an agenda or an unavoidable bias shaped by their own experiences. To me, the identity of the poster has no bearing on whether or not a post is factually accurate and makes a good, valid, relevant point. So with that as a starting point, here's a thought: let's knock off the personal attacks against the posters and instead make your case by commenting on the content and accuracy of a post and whether you agree or disagree on the points being made, and why. That's how we can tell who has the best and most compelling argument, that's what I want to read and that's why I come to this site. Can I get an Amen?
    Amen Brother!!!

Unregistered
    Interesting. So, let me get this straight. You want to hurl personal insults at the Sheriff's Administration and others that are mentioned by name or initials, but god forbid someone attacks your posts. Now that is funny. You are the pot calling the kettle black. When you quit posting insults, I'll do the same. Funny how the shoe is on the other foot. You're all good with it till it's you that's being attacked. Quite humorous I must say.

Unregistered
    Interesting. So, let me get this straight. You want to hurl personal insults at the Sheriff's Administration and others that are mentioned by name or initials, but god forbid someone attacks your posts. Now that is funny. You are the pot calling the kettle black. When you quit posting insults, I'll do the same. Funny how the shoe is on the other foot. You're all good with it till it's you that's being attacked. Quite humorous I must say.
    The problem is that this the subjects (primarily) are the "leaders" of the VCSO. The ones that are supposed to "lead by example" (which is a military term and a complete mystery to Chitwood, Creamer and Morgan...the leaders of this organization).

If you think that "insults" are being posted then it speaks volumes for what the three aforementioned have done...it is not insults but their actual actions and inactions.

And it is not humorous but a very sad state of affairs for the VCSO that the leadership is defined by the lying, "do as I say and not as I do" leadership style.

And if one decides to post a fact...they get fired like Szabo or threatened like what happened to the journalist for the Headline Surfer...Mr Henry Frederick.

Hope these facts help. As Chitty said to Judge Will, "Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

Unregistered
    The problem is that this the subjects (primarily) are the "leaders" of the VCSO. The ones that are supposed to "lead by example" (which is a military term and a complete mystery to Chitwood, Creamer and Morgan...the leaders of this organization).

If you think that "insults" are being posted then it speaks volumes for what the three aforementioned have done...it is not insults but their actual actions and inactions.

And it is not humorous but a very sad state of affairs for the VCSO that the leadership is defined by the lying, "do as I say and not as I do" leadership style.

And if one decides to post a fact...they get fired like Szabo or threatened like what happened to the journalist for the Headline Surfer...Mr Henry Frederick.

Hope these facts help. As Chitty said to Judge Will, "Facts are stubborn things, and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
    Just because you say it, doesn't mean it's a fact. Actually, I think you are exaggerating quite a bit. And the leadership before Chitwood wasn't great either. Many of the things you mentioned were the problems we had with Ben.

Unregistered
    Just because you say it, doesn't mean it's a fact. Actually, I think you are exaggerating quite a bit. And the leadership before Chitwood wasn't great either. Many of the things you mentioned were the problems we had with Ben.
    I am sorry. I guess you did not see that I hyperlinked the article from Mr Frederick. And what is not a fact? Those issues? The SWAT call? His not qualifying with the firearm? Like the one poster said.....argue the facts... Present something that contradicts the facts. It is easier to attack the poster (kind of like calling stuff you don't like "fake news" or attacking the poster...and not the post).

And yes...as has been mentioned before Ben had problems. But he addressed them. And he never lied. Just the facts

Unregistered
    I am sorry. I guess you did not see that I hyperlinked the article from Mr Frederick. And what is not a fact? Those issues? The SWAT call? His not qualifying with the firearm? Like the one poster said.....argue the facts... Present something that contradicts the facts. It is easier to attack the poster (kind of like calling stuff you don't like "fake news" or attacking the poster...and not the post).

And yes...as has been mentioned before Ben had problems. But he addressed them. And he never lied. Just the facts

I have a feeling the Chitwood lover is going to attack you again....he does not like facts.

Unregistered
    I guess I need to clarify....I started this thread and am not responsible for any other posts on this site. It"s just that I"ve been reading the back-biting and back-n-forth between you guys and was getting disgusted by it. So that's my deal -- carry on.

Unregistered
    I guess I need to clarify....I started this thread and am not responsible for any other posts on this site. It"s just that I"ve been reading the back-biting and back-n-forth between you guys and was getting disgusted by it. So that's my deal -- carry on.
    There is no way the Chitwood and Morgan lovers will be able to do anything but attack the poster. And it is funny because even though there has been a ton of facts posted so far about their actions there is a lot more to discuss. Things such as the documented crime rate being high in Daytona when Chitty was chief, Compstat, Perf, his love of illegal immigration and sanctuary cities, his telling a crowd of folks to call 911 in violation of Florida statute, his not wearing a BWC/Body Armor, just a ton of things...in addition to those that has already been mentioned.

Unregistered
    There is no way the Chitwood and Morgan lovers will be able to do anything but attack the poster. And it is funny because even though there has been a ton of facts posted so far about their actions there is a lot more to discuss. Things such as the documented crime rate being high in Daytona when Chitty was chief, Compstat, Perf, his love of illegal immigration and sanctuary cities, his telling a crowd of folks to call 911 in violation of Florida statute, his not wearing a BWC/Body Armor, just a ton of things...in addition to those that has already been mentioned.
    You, too, are pissing up a rope.