This town needs an enema - Page 9
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Another one who stays anonymous, and calls out anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The original poster should be ashamed as should the rest of this "vocal" minority who have chosen to speak boldly here under the protection of anonymity
    Says the self-righteous person who did not identify themself. ..

But I do believe things will get better.

Unregistered
    Says the self-righteous person who did not identify themself. ..

But I do believe things will get better.
    Predictable response, and fair, but it doesn't appear you disagree... I'm also glad you believe things will get better. Maybe you can be part of the solution and not the problem.

Unregistered

Stop making us look bad !

I am going to start off by saying I deeply saddened to see everyone on this blog acting like a bunch of whining children. It makes us look petty. This is not the venue, or the way to get a pay raise. Do I want more money, yes. Do I feel like I deserve more money, after 23 years in this career, hell yes. But unlike the most of you that have been crying on here like a bunch of dumped prom dates, I understand and see the big picture. The Sheriff does not have unlimited access to unlimited funds. Things do not happen overnight and definitely not in the time frame children that grew up in an on demand society are used to. There is a proper way to accomplish OUR objectives without bringing discredit to our uniform and agency. We have a few problems, that is no secret and I am pretty sure the Sheriff is aware of them. These problems did not develop since January 2017, they were there all along just waiting to manifest themselves. If you don't want to take the time and come up with a solution or recommendation, allow those who do, a chance to work on it. We may need to seek public support to gain additional funding from the county commission, and the foolishness on this blog won't help. Another thing to remember is if we anger the county commission, they have actions that they can take to reduce the sheriff's office budget, and authorities. They are already trying right now to strip the tax collector, property appraiser, supervisor or elections, clerk of courts, and sheriff of their constitutional powers. Is that what you want? To work for the county commission? We need to maintain our self respect and professionalism. Many of you have never worked for another agency, I have worn many badges in my career, so far this one has been the best. Please don't let you be the ones to change that.

Unregistered
    I am going to start off by saying I deeply saddened to see everyone on this blog acting like a bunch of whining children. It makes us look petty. This is not the venue, or the way to get a pay raise. Do I want more money, yes. Do I feel like I deserve more money, after 23 years in this career, hell yes. But unlike the most of you that have been crying on here like a bunch of dumped prom dates, I understand and see the big picture. The Sheriff does not have unlimited access to unlimited funds. Things do not happen overnight and definitely not in the time frame children that grew up in an on demand society are used to. There is a proper way to accomplish OUR objectives without bringing discredit to our uniform and agency. We have a few problems, that is no secret and I am pretty sure the Sheriff is aware of them. These problems did not develop since January 2017, they were there all along just waiting to manifest themselves. If you don't want to take the time and come up with a solution or recommendation, allow those who do, a chance to work on it. We may need to seek public support to gain additional funding from the county commission, and the foolishness on this blog won't help. Another thing to remember is if we anger the county commission, they have actions that they can take to reduce the sheriff's office budget, and authorities. They are already trying right now to strip the tax collector, property appraiser, supervisor or elections, clerk of courts, and sheriff of their constitutional powers. Is that what you want? To work for the county commission? We need to maintain our self respect and professionalism. Many of you have never worked for another agency, I have worn many badges in my career, so far this one has been the best. Please don't let you be the ones to change that.

Ok, so let me try to understand your point of view here. You attempt to berate us based on your professionalism and 23 years of service at this agency. This forum was created to voice anyone’s opinion, however they feel about this topic. Whether it comes across abrasive, tasteless, or just way off left field, it is just that an “opinion”. Let’s make sure we’re on the same page about these little problems plaguing our agency. The Sheriff has had the luxury of spending his entire career here and has had insider access to all of the issues surrounding all of us. He has been well aware with issues of morale, pay and more importantly, employee retention. There is absolutely no excuse for his refusal to address this concerns from the very second he took the oath. There is no doubt in my mind we can come together as an agency and work towards fixing what has been broken for many years but it will take the Sheriff to work along with us as opposed to fulfilling his political agenda and image.

Unregistered

Truly sad!

Yes, it is truly sad that employees have been beat down and afraid to voice their concerns in the open for several years that we have to resort to speaking in anonymity on an online forum. The person who responded to you first acknowledged that we understand some of these problems were not created by DL and have been festering for years. Let's not forget the most recent last years though. How many times were we told, "we have a 5 year plan to fix pay"? While they held meeting after meeting with every division to appease us. Maybe I missed the memo but I never laid eyes on a 5 year plan nor do I believe they could have provided one if asked. Instead year after year last minute adjustments were put in place. We all continued to have faith and believe and trust the process, which has failed us. Life isn't perfect and neither is this place. We understand the big picture and all we hope for is a leader that is willing to go to bat for us. There has been lot of seasoned employees speaking up lately and I believe this is a great opportunity to make some changes. I am interested to see how, if any, employees opinions or mindsets change if another year goes by without any change or attempt at change.

Unregistered

Pay is a small part of the big problem

I do agree that there is only so much that can be done about pay. That always seems to work out because the agency as a whole was in great standing. Now there is so many harsh issues enhancing the pay problem.

So anywho- How refreshing it is to see so many able to speak without the fear of immediate persecution. I am not sure where I want to start and many of this might have been said but hey let’s give it a roll.
    I will start by saying that DL is a great person and I do still feel he can do something he just needs the right people around him.

The truth hurts and might offend however most can learn from it. Here at SCSO you must hold it in and just fade away in the shadows. Well ok, you can speak the truth. Alright well let’s say attempt to bring attention to the problems. Nope not in this department, you suddenly get moved to “nights” or “watch commander” in an instant, ask a few Lt’s. You might even get preached to about how they see it differently in their horrible political agenda nonsense. Maybe what you have to say might even get sent over to the very people who are the very problems. For them to handle? What was that all about? I’m sure that was a good conversation. That’s apparently what happened to a couple of our good guys trying to catch the problems as they started. Yet you ask people for the truth and to speak up and wonder why there is crickets in the room. Sorry let’s not exclude the apple- polishers or fawner (look them up).

Let’s move on. Here at SCSO if you neglect your duties, try scamming the S.O. or just flat lazy and shouldn’t even be able to wear the uniform, its ok we’ll just keep “writing you up” and sending it up the “chain” to the abyss of lies and buddies for nothing to happen. What ever happened to the time when you screw up bad enough or hey maybe weren’t doing your job, you get moved out of the way so someone who really wants the position could come in and do something for the community. Yup the transfer took place within days. Oh yeah I forgot, the supervisors are some of those very people on the naughty list so don’t count on it to get handled properly. Besides you did score highest on the multiple choice cram session and extremely subjective promotional process. No I didn’t forget, you might have been best buddies with the right person who got you pushed up the chain. Highlighting one fairly large problem, no one is even sure how they choose the ones they promote. How about listening to the good supervisors that are trying to clean up their units. Open your eyes and help them out. If they suggest moving someone then try it. You might be surprised about what starts happening.

Anyway, I imagine all the wonderful people sitting quietly waiting for a position to do something good and they are being held up by some sort of weak politics or the buddy system or just plain bad management. Ok calm down, no one said fire them all. I get it, there’s not many left. Please just at least wake them up by getting them out of the specialized units to do something else. The last I checked lateral transfers have always been free! What’s that you say? No one wants them in their division? Houston we identified a problem that might be bigger than we think! Can anyone figure out how to handle it? Nope just write them up and ignore it. Maybe if you stop looking it might go away. “Well just don’t look under the bed” your parents said. “Then you won’t see the monster”! How’s that working out?

Has anyone asked the Captains and Lt’s what they think and to evaluate their people?? Sorry I guess you’ll just have to settle with the measly, flat out horrible stats that can easily be found with all the great reporting we have. Yeah you can see how many of the bad ones are pretty bad. Sadly I watch them victimize the victims over and over that they have sworn to serve. This happens on a regular basis. Why not they just wanted to stop 10-65ing! Hey there is a whole unit in the department that just hangs out at their office, playing with, breaking and fixing their equipment. No one even cares to ask what in the world they do with all that expensive equipment they have. The numbers don’t lie. Nothing is still nothing no matter who tells you. Some just bury it under a few good stories.

Here’s a novel idea. Use the newly formed crew of Captains and staff that were picked to identify problems or whatever, to start auditing and evaluating your departments and units. Hey let them investigate all the way to the top. Let them pop in and check the stats and evaluations to see how little the majority of them are doing and how bad they are. Now that’s an awesome unit to have floating around. Hey let them make suggestions of who stays and who needs to go. What does that Lt. do? What is that person's role? The same as the other other two people in the other units. Ok so no one actually knows. Hey I found some budget cuts over here! Sounds like fun. Sign me up!

Unregistered

It's not too late

Today was quite a day! HOORAH! Big guy for putting your foot down. It was spectacular to hear and it again seemed to have the glimpse of hope in it! However I am sad to say that this has been brought to your attention before and we have seen that gleam in your eye before. Sadly by many great people. The ones who saw the fire in you before were your supporters who believed in you! They cared about what they saw and cared enough about the agency to open up even though they would surely be persecuted (and did). You might want to revisit some of them. What about the group of your administration (lower levels of course) that were trying to warn you about this? I would imagine you could look back and agree they were right. They mustered up enough courage to go against the machine to try to bring it to your attention! What was done then? What was promised? Sadly we all just hear rumors. If it was my agency, the next few meetings I schedule would be trying to gain the respect and trust of those very people who were brave enough to stand up back then. Ok, you’re right. I’m not smart enough to be the one who runs this place. I get it. Never said I was.

But what could be holding up the process?? If the system is broken and the ties to all of them is so great the problems will not even get addressed. They will be swept under the rug.

Maybe it’s good Ol’ NO. 2? WHO DOES NO. 2 WORK FOR??? We all want to know. I would think another political force or maybe himself? Whatever that is, I would be highly concerned about his motives. How many people have to leave, heck run, from your office to get as far away from that guy before it would be considered a problem? When your command staff is creating problems then being the ones assigned to deal with them or meet with the ones who have the problem… I imagine not much is being resolved.

Not sure what No. 2 has on you but it must be good. That’s what the rumors are saying. They are also sadly wondering if he is trying to mess this up so he can maneuver in and run for your position. Whatever, just rumors.
    I wonder how many have warned you of what was happening and what was coming if you left “those people” in the positions they were in. I hear it was several. Until that very information was placed in front of “those people”, apparently on their desk for them to share with those involved. It’s like a chapter from a book about the Mafia. Don’t question or even bring it to the attention of others you’ll be cast out and placed in fear for your job. Hey what happened in the several meeting’s that No. 2 had with several of the people who called out the horrible behavior that was starting? We all want to know. I hear one guy was treated like the Mafia was warning / threatening him. Even heard there were others of rank and even a civilian in on the meeting. Apparently the civilian was able to blast the ranking person. Really?? How does that happen? Anyone want to know a snippet about the word Mafia -a closed group of people in a particular field, having a controlling influence. Yup and good Ol’ LT is the boss! What are they calling him - "Lazy Lou"? I would apologize but I am aware that it was brought to the attention of those who could stop it and… Bazinga! Here we are.

Some of the greatest supporters of the agency risked their careers to go out on a wire and bring the problems to the attention of command and what happened? How did it get handled? I ask all of you to look around? Who are the quiet ones now? Who are the ones that do so much yet don’t ask for anything? Who are the ones going against the machine (Mafia)? Might want to sit down and find out what they know if you want to fix some things.
    I again say you should go back a year or so and think of those who spoke up when you asked. Yes I recall when you asked and most sat silently. Typical of most meetings with the man. But what was that? A few brave souls spoke up, putting fear and persecution aside to help you. I would call them back in and ask them for help! They tried to stop this train before it got rolling but you threw the worst of them all in the front to press on the throttle. WHOO WHOO- out of way or get run over.

I heard you said you now fear that you would not get re-elected. I say you can save it. There are plenty who believe in you but you have to dig deep and push some of the politics out of the way. This means you might have to drain the swamp. Take a look to those closest to you and evaluate what has really been taking place. Your right hand man and crew are making a mess of the agency. If you get demoted for being a bully then somehow promoted twice in very short time to be a Captain and have to remind subordinates what your position is and that you are better than them, yup I think the system is flawed! Sounds like the same behavior that got you in trouble before. But hey that guy has some swell help backing him up. Who? Maybe the Sgt. Who tried to swindle the SO out of a $25K boat that he had ordered to be decommissioned for no good reason. Why? So he can set up his girl to bid on it and win for far less than it should be sold. How? By using his own buddies’ auction company that doesn’t typically sell boats. Yeah sounds crooked right. Oh wait so they even put his oh so honest lady friend in charge of the SO non-profit organization. Maybe an audit should be in the works. Just sayin’

Stay safe all!
    I’ll be back!

Unregistered

This means you might have to drain the swamp. Take a look to those closest to you and evaluate what has really been taking place. Your right hand man and crew are making a mess of the agency. If you get demoted for being a bully then somehow promoted twice in very short time to be a Captain and have to remind subordinates what your position is and that you are better than them, yup I think the system is flawed! Sounds like the same behavior that got you in trouble before. But hey that guy has some swell help backing him up. Who? Maybe the Sgt. Who tried to swindle the SO out of a $25K boat that he had ordered to be decommissioned for no good reason. Why? So he can set up his girl to bid on it and win for far less than it should be sold. How? By using his own buddies’ auction company that doesn’t typically sell boats. Yeah sounds crooked right. Oh wait so they even put his oh so honest lady friend in charge of the SO non-profit organization. Maybe an audit should be in the works. Just sayin’

Stay safe all!
    I’ll be back!
    I guess he is referring to MP and CS..... Special Ops. I'm sure there is more to the story..,........

Albrecht

Post Please respect each other

We have all fought through adversity at one time or another in our life or careers. I have learned that to be a change agent in our organization, you must first build stock within our organization by doing what is asked of you, always giving your best effort and remain positive, even when it is hard. Whether you are in the chain of command or an unofficial leader, an effective and influential change agent must lead by example, have strong relationships built on trust, and ultimately, gain the respect of our organizational family. We have to work together to solve our problems.

I respect everyone’s opinion, everyone has a voice, and we all need to voice our concerns in the appropriate forum. Please work with your leadership in a positive productive manner in lieu of a destructive disrespectful manner. I welcome everyone with concerns to come and meet, or you could visit your chain of command to discuss these issues and get your ideas to make improvements in our agency. The collective intelligence of our family can make a plan to effect positive change.

Respectfully,

Charlie Albrecht

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit

Post We need to respect each other

We have all fought through adversity at one time or another in our life or careers. I have learned that to be a change agent in our organization, you must first build stock within our organization by doing what is asked of you, always giving your best effort and remain positive, even when it is hard. Whether you are in the chain of command or an unofficial leader, an effective and influential change agent must lead by example, have strong relationships built on trust, and ultimately, gain the respect of our organizational family. We have to work together to solve our problems.

I respect everyone’s opinion, everyone has a voice, and we all need to voice our concerns in the appropriate forum. Please work with your leadership in a positive productive manner in lieu of a destructive disrespectful manner. I welcome everyone with concerns to come and meet, or you could visit your chain of command to discuss these issues and get your ideas to make improvements in our agency. The collective intelligence of our family can make a plan to effect positive change.

Respectfully,

Charlie Albrecht

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast