This town needs an enema - Page 8
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Unregistered

One term and done

DL does not care because it does not affect him. He is not the one who needs more pay or time off. SCSO has been short staffed for years now. The lack of leadership and foresight has caused the staffing problem and now it’s being twisted and blamed as a pto issue. Kissing babies and handing out snow cones does not make the agency great and it does not make neighborhoods safer. That’s what happens when the top doesn’t know or remember how to be a cop. None of the command staff have worked the road in many years. I want to puke every time I hear DL say he understands because he worked this or that position. That was forever ago and he just thinks he remembers but in reality he doesn’t have a clue. How about working a CSA for a day. At least DE pulled over a car once in a while. Too little too late. 17-01 is going to become 17-92 if he doesn’t do something soon.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’ve read each and every post numerous times. I’m going to agree with the majority and what has been said. I don’t agree with bashing individuals for personal disagreements or anger for where they are or how they were promoted. These are examples of issues that should and will hopefully be corrected. We need to work together and correct the concerns within our agency, but remain a family. We got into this career with the understanding of brotherhood and sisterhood, let’s not forget it.

We all know pay is an issue and we look to our command for support. We are losing employees at an astronomical rate and it’s not good. We have an amazing agency, but we need leadership that will look out for the troops before themselves and their next “rank.”

——STEP PLAN——

My hope is the Sheriff will consider all possibilities and fight for what is right within your organization. We have seen to many greedy individuals within our command and we are tired of seeing good people get passed up or punished for doing what’s right.

Our job is tough enough and stressful enough. Why do we need more stress from you.
    Best post in the whole thread. Agreed.

Unregistered
    I’m thankful to have a great job at a fabulous agency with management who do care. If you’ve never worked anywhere else, you’ve got nothing to compare it to. count your blessings. SCSO has true leadership. Quit whining and start working to solve your issues. Misery does love company so take the s$&@ over the county line.
    Well we are glad you are happy. If you are one of the chosen count your blessings. But, remember it can change fast as a tornado and you’re on the outside looking in. If you are a command member then don’t just say you care but actually do.

It’s the wrong mindset to say take it “over the county line”. If you lose tenured Deputies (covering sworn/certified) or even civilian such as dispatchaers, etc. you have a lot of kids running around without adult supervision. They may have good intentions, but, they need leaders, which this is the deputies and sergeants on the ROAD, to look up to and guide. So they learn that complicated balance of law enforcement.

Many “me” generation can’t see farther than what are you going to give me next. They also struggle with spirit of the law versus letter of the law. If we go solely by letter everyone goes to jail everyone gets tickets. Seasoned guys and gals are the one to show good descretion.

Also if you’re new to this, then it all looks great because you’re excited to be a cop. But as the shininess wears off. You’ll see the need for good pay. Better co-workers, etc, don’t lose sight of the big picture. That’s what the original poster is putting out there. Maybe a little crude but, we wanted to be here. But it seems they don’t care once you’re in the door. We want to be wanted to be here as well.

I think the nasty remarks towards each other need to be less. It is US that is who needs to be together. It is US that will make the changes. If we are bickering amongst US then we are distracted from the THEM.

Unregistered

Now us, please.

Congratulations to the Longwood police officers who like us deserved something better. They got it! Now it's our turn, right? Surely with every single Department around us getting incredible improvements, we won't be left in the dust. Will we?

Unregistered
    Maybe its time we take matters into our own hands. If the administration is not willing to go to the county commissioners we should by writing them ourselves. We can tell them about the poor pay in this wealthy county, the inmates are running the jail and the citizens will have no-one protecting them because we can’t fill road patrol. Let them hear it from us.

To the person with the statement “if you don’t like it leave” we hope you are not in leadership because that is an idiotic statement when so many people are saying the same thing. We are also guessing you don’t work a POD, dispatch or road patrol because you don’t know what it is like to wonder if you are going to have backup or not, in the jail or on the road, if a dispatcher is going to hear you because he/she is working too many radio’s. I’m guessing you are safe and sound in an office somewhere, enjoy it because if you have any other skills they may need them in a POD, dispatch or on the road soon.

Lets not quote a well respected man, John E Polk, from 30+ years ago, lets quote a more current well respected man, Colin Powell- “Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stopped bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you don’t care. Either case is a failure of leadership.” Keep up with times, even though it is on this site we hope someone is listening.

Unregistered
    "People, Life is too short to worry about anything. You had better enjoy it because the next day promises nothing."

Well, thank you for solving it all for us! The only advice I've seen on this thread that is better is the guy who said anyone with a concern or issue should just leave. I feel so relieved now. Behind on mortgage? Daycare cost bankrupting you? Healthcare cost for your kids illnesses causing you to have to take out loans? Working two jobs just to be able to pay the mortgage? The secret solution to all of this? Just don't worry! Genius!
    From this post I can tell you are a Millennial, everything is owed to you! It was your decision to go into LE, guess you should have gone to college and got a degree and ended up with a different career where you got paid more money. WOW, it is always someone elses fault. WTH

Unregistered

Unmitigated Crap

This entire thread is complete and utter unmitigated horse shit. The original poster should be ashamed as should the rest of this "vocal" minority who have chosen to speak boldly here under the protection of anonymity rather than putting their names on the line, stepping up, and putting in for leadership, or making suggestions, in order to help change the agency for the better. Instead, you choose to attack the other members of the SCSO. Why not submit a proposal for reorganization, or better yet, go ahead and author a budget that accomplishes your goals without compromising the principles of the agency or laying off half your co-workers. Best of luck!

Unregistered
    I am a former SCSO employee who left the agency for a lot of the reasons posted. I left because I left there was a disconnect in the message that was being given by DL via the chain of command and the manner in which that message was being passed down to the troops on the frontline. However, I personally think DL is a good man, and it crushed me that I felt I had to leave the agency to make a point. I think DL is going to try and do the right thing, fixing the problems that are being spoken about on this forum. The problem in the past has been people complain about certain issues in private but when we attended open forum meetings, ninety percent you didn’t say anything, so only the few of us that spoke up were labeled as disgruntled employees by our leadership, but we were speaking not only for ourselves, but for you. Just remember that you guys and gals are a team and must work together to come up with solutions to fix these problems, and don’t be afraid to stand up and say something to the leadership. I wish you all the best and hope these problems can be resolved.

Unregistered

???

From this post I can tell you are a Millennial, everything is owed to you! It was your decision to go into LE, guess you should have gone to college and got a degree and ended up with a different career where you got paid more money. WOW, it is always someone elses fault. WTH
    Help me out here because I'm confused. Are you saying the solution IS to just not worry about it? I'm not a millennial. I did graduate college. And, no, it's not someone else's fault. I got into this career with a progressive agency in a county with plenty of money under the belief my employer would keep up with the cost of living and demonstrate a compensation package equivalent to the economical growth of the county. I don't see that right now. This county is booming. Every bare piece of land is either for sale or being built on. The cities are keeping up. Why aren't we?

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast