Is the best we can do? - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    BJ you have a lot of fire ants now. How does the administration expect their deputies and sergeants to have normality in their home lives now? No consideration for what any of patrol thought about this. This was a rash decision made at a closed door round table. Decompress the pay scale and give shift differential stop giving sergeants 4.6%!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I believe the Joneses were originally just asking for an inpartial ivestigation. That they couldnt even get. If founded I believe it ought to be career ending. As LEOs you are put there to inforce the LAW therefore you ought to be held to a higher standard. How can a person inforce something they have no respect for. Stop for one second and read about the "OFFICERS" on this site complaining about the corruption in the Department and wonder how this is effecting the public that is watching. I was raised to respect a police officer but how do you respect someone who has no respect for themselves. Either the Sheriff inherited a bunch of bad apples like Tindell said of Wilson or created a bunch as Tindell did of Agiuar.If you listen to Garriety rights explained in recorded testimony there were 3. 1 Being unrespectful to a citizen 2. Interrupting legal process 3. Failure to gather necessary identifying infotmation. #1 was never addressed in IA conclusion even though Tindell claims to have verbally counseled both officers. How do you counsel someone on something if its not founded. #2 unfounded no evidence to support. #3 Exonerated conduct did occur that was legal and proper. Even though Wilsons own recorded testimony under oath said multiple times they didnt know who she was but it was ok they could get in touch with Spencer and find out who she was. Went on to say he was amazed based on training Agiaur didnt have any info.Watch the meetings I know this isnt a Sheriff Dept problem (but by reading some other threads not sure he dont have his own) but how on earth can a man be found guilty on an IA investigation lying and covering up a DUI hit and run and be recommended termination and another Dept a few miles away think for a second its a good idea to hire him. Then Agiuar resigns right after being notified of an IA in this case but her FDLE paperwork was marked on good standing. But Tindell claims the FDLE says he can mark what he chooses. Looks like Agiaur got a deal to leave quietly. Why was there ever a concern about the woman leaving the scene if they had all her information. Why is Wilson on tape saying multiple times its ok because she is friends with Spencer and he could contact him and find out "WHO SHE WAS" Why was Jones threatened with arrest for calling the FHP for help. He wasnt hampering her investigation he was hampering a coverup. Now any of you LEO's out there that dont think this even deserves a second look I question your oath of office. If this information was against a normal citizen you LEOs would have the taste of blood in your mouth and wouldnt stop until you had a conviction. And that speaks volumes for someone hired to PROTECT AND SERVE.
    Will you please shut the each and every flying f@ck up??? Who gives any and all $hits?? You got your asshole hurt and still crying like a f@cking baby that $hit himself after eating a pound of cayenne pepper
    Go away!!!

Unregistered
    Why are we going to rotating shifts? I know what the e-mail said, but I am not sure that is a justifiable reason.

Unregistered
    At the very least there should have been a poll conducted beforehand to see opinions or thoughts on rotating.
    Yet we get polled about who wants to attend a finance class...

Unregistered
    Here is all you need to know.

1. Hired an ex-deputy to go straight into major crimes, but he was never in major crimes before he left.

2. Hire an ECSO k-9 deputy and buy his dog so he can go straight into k-9, but did not consider anyone from in house. Also started him out at a higher rate, making more than most deputies with 5 years here. They can not argue that they did not have a dog, because they just promoted a handler and assigned them to patrol, but let him keep is dog as a patrol Sgt. That dog could have been re-assigned.

3. Just hired two Deputies to go straight into SRO’s, I would also bet they were hired at a higher rate.

Let that sink in. You make your own mind up about how they truly feel about the rank and file. I don’t recall seeing job opening announcements for any of those positions.

Unregistered
    Shift rotations is the best for and fairest for all. As far as leaving the agency goes, go ahead. Most other agencies including many in the panhandle already work rotating shifts, so see what you find out there. As far as assigning people straight into special units I would tend to agree except when openings do come up very few even bother to apply. I have often heard deputies say they would put in for this or that, but, they don't want to lose "their" shift.

On the pay issue, yes we could make more, as could anybody and still be underpaid for the risk associated with this career. But, while you are looking for another place to work see how many pay what we do as far as holiday pay (double time and a half per hour when you work it and a straight 8 hours extra pay even when you are off). Many agencies just do comp time on holidays.

Unregistered
    Shift rotations is the best for and fairest for all. As far as leaving the agency goes, go ahead. Most other agencies including many in the panhandle already work rotating shifts, so see what you find out there. As far as assigning people straight into special units I would tend to agree except when openings do come up very few even bother to apply. I have often heard deputies say they would put in for this or that, but, they don't want to lose "their" shift.

On the pay issue, yes we could make more, as could anybody and still be underpaid for the risk associated with this career. But, while you are looking for another place to work see how many pay what we do as far as holiday pay (double time and a half per hour when you work it and a straight 8 hours extra pay even when you are off). Many agencies just do comp time on holidays.
    Please provide us with the surrounding agencies who work rotating shifts. ECSO doesn’t they also pay shift differential and give their FTOs something to work for. MPD pays shift differential.

Unregistered
    Good luck sheriff getting any votes next election. Hell. Half of patrol will be gone and working for another agency

Unregistered
    Good luck sheriff getting any votes next election. Hell. Half of patrol will be gone and working for another agency
    Why do disgruntled deputies think they can swing an election? The general public gives no fu#ks how well you like your shift assignments. The voter wants the Sheriff to address crime, traffic, public safety, and the daily weather. Most people have no input on their work hours, nor do they get a take home car, premium health insurance, and guaranteed retirement benefits. So, if you think you are going to convince better then half the voters of this county to replace the Sheriff because you don’t want to work at night, you are probably going to have a bad time.

Unregistered
    You say that, but were you working here while Otis was the Sheriff? He f&!$ed us every chance and he got to get reelected regardless of how much we *****ed. Why? Because he made himself look good to the voting public like Bald is doing now. As before, the public isnt going to read this website. The best advice I can give is

1- use copias amounts of k-y
    2- Shhh let it happen
    3- leave

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast