Is the best we can do? - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Shame on anyone involved in this decision. Your false concern on making things fair is HORSESH*T. You just pissed on anyone with seniority, so you could get people to test for promotion. Why not give incentives to promote instead of the crap 5% raise? What about shift differentials? If you are a deputy making 35k a year and promote to Sgt. your pay will go up to an astounding $36750 a year. That is insane. ECSO pays their FTO's an extra 10%. No wonder we keep getting the bottom of the barrel. So what is your answer? Make everyone go on rotating shifts. Shame on you Sheriff Johnson, Chief Spencer, Major McCurdy, Captain Bringmans, Captain Davis, Captain Haines, Captain Tucker, Major Watson and anyone else involved in this decision. I blame all of them for either coming up with the idea or not standing up for the troops and pointing out the morale killer this will turn out to be. Next thing you will find out is that they are starting to hire people and placing them directly into specialized units. That would never happen, would it? Oh wait I think it has. Two SRO's, a Major Crimes Detective and a K-9 handler. I had hoped things would be better under this admin, but I think they are actually worse. Hall did not care about us, but at least he was man enough not to fake that he did. I don't think I can say the same about our current admin. They lie and say they care, but do dumb sh*t like this.
    Agree. Who came up with this sh#t! No one had enough brains to look at surrounding agencies to see that shift differential would make it incentive to work eves or mids? Hey ADMIN you’re not making it worth while to promote. No one wants to promote on 5% especially with all the BS you have to deal with as a Sgt. If you gave a better raise with promotions people might want to actually go to mids because the raise would have been worth it. even esco does shift differential SH you could have talked to your brother for advice.

Unregistered
    Agree. Who came up with this sh#t! No one had enough brains to look at surrounding agencies to see that shift differential would make it incentive to work eves or mids? Hey ADMIN you’re not making it worth while to promote. No one wants to promote on 5% especially with all the BS you have to deal with as a Sgt. If you gave a better raise with promotions people might want to actually go to mids because the raise would have been worth it. even esco does shift differential SH you could have talked to your brother for advice.
    The only advice they give each other is when to do reach arounds while soothing those hemorrhoids.

Unregistered
    So this was done because no one wants to promote and to make things fair? A better solution would be to uncompress the pay scale for sgts, give shift differenital, and do shift bids. This will absolutely kill morale, and make it even harder to compete with other agencies to recruit good candidates or keep good deputies.

Unregistered
    I’m willing to bet this also sparks from senior deputies and sgts complaints after getting bumped because it was so important to put swat on days instead of rewarding seniority. If Admin had to work rotating shifts they wouldn’t have done this. I hope they get their heads out of their collective asses before August.

Unregistered
    I’m willing to bet this also sparks from senior deputies and sgts complaints after getting bumped because it was so important to put swat on days instead of rewarding seniority. If Admin had to work rotating shifts they wouldn’t have done this. I hope they get their heads out of their collective asses before August.
    Bo Jo is an asshole, so are his little ducklings...quack quack quack qauck

Unregistered
    Got to agree that making special conditions for SWAT was a bad idea, so how do they correct it? Let's make everyone suffer. Par for the course

Unregistered
    My suggestion is to let the admin know how displeased you are with this. I would be willing to bet that the vast majority of patrol is unhappy with this decision. I am actually shocked that this is the route they decided to take. Is K9 going to start working mid nights? Why are there no patrol Lts on mids? I guess rank has it’s privilege. This agency continues to prove we are second fiddle to the larger surrounding agencies. I thought that we had leaders, but it turns out that we only have supervisors.

Unregistered
    Didn’t think it was possible, but I think our current admin is going to be disliked more than the last admin. Very impressive. It took less than two years to out dipsh#t the last group. Bravo Bob, Jim, Joe, Chris, Blevin, Shane, Scott and Doug. You have made it worse to work here in record time.

Unregistered
    My suggestion is to let the admin know how displeased you are with this. I would be willing to bet that the vast majority of patrol is unhappy with this decision. I am actually shocked that this is the route they decided to take. Is K9 going to start working mid nights? Why are there no patrol Lts on mids? I guess rank has it’s privilege. This agency continues to prove we are second fiddle to the larger surrounding agencies. I thought that we had leaders, but it turns out that we only have supervisors.
    So we can just be looked down on as “crybabies”? No thanks. They may pretend to be interested in what the troops think, but at the end of the day, they are going to do what they want to do. Me and you are replaceable and not worth sticking up for in their mind. At the end of the day though, I’m not a **** up so I am a free agent and free to take any opportunity to go elsewhere if I please. They won’t admit to it, but they read this site. If we can keep the criticism constructive, it will serve the same purpose, but I’m not sticking my neck out for the ax man. I still have hope for this admin and agency. Except for Doug B., he’s just a bipolar asshole and won’t ever change. The others have just lost touch with their roots on patrol.

And no, the change is strictly for patrol. K9 and traffic will still work whatever hours they care to work, just like before.

Unregistered
    The last poster is a modern day poet. The way he so eloquently uses the English language is nothing short of genius. I for one am amazed to have witnessed such a statement.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast