SRO, Flight, Computer Forensics ...

Unregistered

SRO, Flight, Computer Forensics ...

Just wondering if any current Deputies are interested in these positions. I haven't seen an agency advertise specialty unit positions to non-members. How is this good for morale and what message do you send your people? Be safe out there ladies and gentleman. Take care of each other!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just wondering if any current Deputies are interested in these positions. I haven't seen an agency advertise specialty unit positions to non-members. How is this good for morale and what message do you send your people? Be safe out there ladies and gentleman. Take care of each other!

You got your wings or have a clause about computer forensics? No, I thought not so STFU. But you can be a SRO. Maybe even if yo dont want to be you will be selected. The posting went out for current deps guessed you missed cause too busy posting trash here.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Alot of agencies are bringing in new people for their aviation units.. Both Pinellas and Hillsborough have bought in pilots form other agencies. Most SO's have postings (or will very shortly) for SRO's due to the mandate by the state... It will probably be easier to hire someone and throw them into an SRO spot then take existing deps, make them SRO's, then try to figure out how you are going to train all of these new deputies for the road... It's basically a big mess.... It's going to get interesting...

I have talked to a few high ranking people close to the Governor's office who are clueless as to how hard it is to find good people out there to become LEO's... They are under the impression that there are hundreds (if not thousands) of qualified people out there who actually want to do this job....