Where did the Joe Lopez thread go again? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Done, thank you.
    my pleasure. fhp wasn't on my radar until one of the troopers committed perjury and the trooper turns out to be a dirty crook. now, they have my full attention.

under the florida information act, you can contact any le agency and request records unless there is an ongoing investigation, or divulges sensitive information. sometimes, the officer in question, will show up on your door and try to deliver their records personally.

Unregistered
    my pleasure. fhp wasn't on my radar until one of the troopers committed perjury and the trooper turns out to be a dirty crook. now, they have my full attention.

under the florida information act, you can contact any le agency and request records unless there is an ongoing investigation, or divulges sensitive information. sometimes, the officer in question, will show up on your door and try to deliver their records personally.
    Same. I had a problem with the way a Trooper handled something and the deeper I dug, the more corruption I found. It's disturbing.

I purposely don't give my name/address out for that specific purpose (and thankfully you are allowed to be anonymous based on the public records statutes). I'd also like to point out that the whole "kids going hungry" post wasn't me. That was my email address but the post itself was from someone mocking me...and it made me laugh.

Unregistered
    Same. I had a problem with the way a Trooper handled something and the deeper I dug, the more corruption I found. It's disturbing.

I purposely don't give my name/address out for that specific purpose (and thankfully you are allowed to be anonymous based on the public records statutes). I'd also like to point out that the whole "kids going hungry" post wasn't me. That was my email address but the post itself was from someone mocking me...and it made me laugh.
    well, you will have to provide that information if they are to mail you any records. it is completely illegal for them to divulge any information regarding a public records request, but of course, that didn't stop someone, who received the request, from running to the officer and advising them. it just made the case against them all the more stronger.

Unregistered
    Would anyone mind narrowing down the scope of the Joe Lopez "off duty" issues? I was asked to be more specific.

Unregistered
    Would anyone mind narrowing down the scope of the Joe Lopez "off duty" issues? I was asked to be more specific.
    Was there any off duty investigations?

Unregistered
    Was there any off duty investigations?
    I'm not sure, but that's what has been implied in this thread by previous posters. All I know is that people have said to look in Joe Lopez's personnel file and find the "off duty" documents. I have no idea what that means, but I've requested it. I was asked to be more specific and I really don't know what else to say about it. The following are the posts relating to what should be requested:

" -...Accusations of his past, maybe present, behavior has been observed by many. Those same many, that have testified, under oath, in court, to the violations that they have observed. That being said, why is that not "proof" enough of his wrong doings?"

"All you have to do is review Joe Lopez's FHP personnel file in Tallahassee and everything that has been said about Joe Lopez is in his personnel file."

"The Joe Lopez off-duty issues will be in the Tallahassee personnel file."

Unregistered
    I'm not sure, but that's what has been implied in this thread by previous posters. All I know is that people have said to look in Joe Lopez's personnel file and find the "off duty" documents. I have no idea what that means, but I've requested it. I was asked to be more specific and I really don't know what else to say about it. The following are the posts relating to what should be requested:

" -...Accusations of his past, maybe present, behavior has been observed by many. Those same many, that have testified, under oath, in court, to the violations that they have observed. That being said, why is that not "proof" enough of his wrong doings?"

"All you have to do is review Joe Lopez's FHP personnel file in Tallahassee and everything that has been said about Joe Lopez is in his personnel file."

"The Joe Lopez off-duty issues will be in the Tallahassee personnel file."

Its someone who has a beef with Joe.

Unregistered
    Its someone who has a beef with Joe.
    That's what it's starting to seem like. Regardless, I've requested it. I set the budget at $50 and if they go over I'll pay a few hundred more no problem. If anyone else has insight (for example, use of government vehicle while off duty) that could help me narrow the scope, I'd appreciate it.

But for a second time, I'm starting to think that someone was just talking smack. I'm not here to do that unless I can back it up. I'll review the documents I get and either post them here or not, depending on the forum rules and my findings (if he's a good guy -and he was FHP so I doubt it- I'm not gonna post anything on here, even if it's public record). I'll have to review the rules first.

Unregistered
    That's what it's starting to seem like. Regardless, I've requested it. I set the budget at $50 and if they go over I'll pay a few hundred more no problem. If anyone else has insight (for example, use of government vehicle while off duty) that could help me narrow the scope, I'd appreciate it.

But for a second time, I'm starting to think that someone was just talking smack. I'm not here to do that unless I can back it up. I'll review the documents I get and either post them here or not, depending on the forum rules and my findings (if he's a good guy -and he was FHP so I doubt it- I'm not gonna post anything on here, even if it's public record). I'll have to review the rules first.
    It has been posted but every time it was posted LEO Affairs mods delete it claiming proof has to posted with it, a standard they only apply for certain people as everyone knows because there are posts on this site that accuse people of felony crimes that LEO Affairs never remove yet not one shred of evidence is ever posted that the person being accused has committed said crime and has no way to prove they did not commit the alleged felony crimes in this forum.

If you want to look for things you need to ask for the disciplinary section of the file or ask for parts of the personnel file involving investigations.

You want to break it down further for a specific issue as an example ask for a period between 2003 to 2007 violating FHP policy using FHP equipment for off duty purposes. Part of that equipment would be using an assigned FHP laptop computer to schedule off duty employment for other troopers.

Unregistered
    It has been posted but every time it was posted LEO Affairs mods delete it claiming proof has to posted with it, a standard they only apply for certain people as everyone knows because there are posts on this site that accuse people of felony crimes that LEO Affairs never remove yet not one shred of evidence is ever posted that the person being accused has committed said crime and has no way to prove they did not commit the alleged felony crimes in this forum.

If you want to look for things you need to ask for the disciplinary section of the file or ask for parts of the personnel file involving investigations.

You want to break it down further for a specific issue as an example ask for a period between 2003 to 2007 violating FHP policy using FHP equipment for off duty purposes. Part of that equipment would be using an assigned FHP laptop computer to schedule off duty employment for other troopers.

That was 15 years ago.
    Was there an investigation?
    What was the outcome?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast