Where did the Joe Lopez thread go again? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why is it that moderation seems to only apply to Joe? Accusations of his past, maybe present, behavior has been observed by many. Those same many, that have testified, under oath, in court, to the violations that they have observed. That being said, why is that not "proof" enough of his wrong doings?
    All you have to do is review Joe Lopez's FHP personnel file in Tallahassee and everything that has been said about Joe Lopez is in his personnel file.

Joe Lopez is running scared because if his opponent was to obtain the relevant pages from his personnel file he would be exposed. That is why Joe Lopez reports all posts that call him out. The Mod is being disingenuous by demanding proof when it involves Joe Lopez knowing full well that there is no way to post proof in this forum.

Don't forget that this is the same Mod who worked with Joe Lopez to try and get people arrested for postings they made.

That case by the way went no where. Further I think the law the Mod and Joe Lopez were using would have a hard time withstanding first amendment challenges.

Saying I hope so and so police officer gets killed is a whole lot different then if someone was to post online they were going to kill so and so police officer and detailed how they were going to do it making it a direct threat.

While it may be distasteful for someone to post they hope so and so police officer gets killed or beat up that is protected speech under the United States constitution and is something that is said across this country all the time.

In a nut shell there is a personal relationship between the Mod and Joe Lopez because of that issue and it is effecting the free flow of information.

Everything posted in this post is true and accurate and if the Mod deletes this post he should resign immediately because he has allowed far worse posts to remain on LEO Affairs that include posts falsely accusing people of being pedophiles which is a serous felony crime.

Unregistered
    The 1st amendment does not apply to slandering or hate speech. To be protected from freedom of speech, the Facts have to be provided and directing someone to research the facts is not FACTS.

Anonymous speech resulting in hate speech does rise to suspicion and credibility the messenger.

Unregistered
    The 1st amendment does not apply to slandering or hate speech. To be protected from freedom of speech, the Facts have to be provided and directing someone to research the facts is not FACTS.

Anonymous speech that results in hate speech, does rise to the suspicion and the credibility of the messenger.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant
    All you have to do is review Joe Lopez's FHP personnel file in Tallahassee and everything that has been said about Joe Lopez is in his personnel file.

Joe Lopez is running scared because if his opponent was to obtain the relevant pages from his personnel file he would be exposed. That is why Joe Lopez reports all posts that call him out. The Mod is being disingenuous by demanding proof when it involves Joe Lopez knowing full well that there is no way to post proof in this forum.

Don't forget that this is the same Mod who worked with Joe Lopez to try and get people arrested for postings they made.

That case by the way went no where. Further I think the law the Mod and Joe Lopez were using would have a hard time withstanding first amendment challenges.

Saying I hope so and so police officer gets killed is a whole lot different then if someone was to post online they were going to kill so and so police officer and detailed how they were going to do it making it a direct threat.

While it may be distasteful for someone to post they hope so and so police officer gets killed or beat up that is protected speech under the United States constitution and is something that is said across this country all the time.

In a nut shell there is a personal relationship between the Mod and Joe Lopez because of that issue and it is effecting the free flow of information.

Everything posted in this post is true and accurate and if the Mod deletes this post he should resign immediately because he has allowed far worse posts to remain on LEO Affairs that include posts falsely accusing people of being pedophiles which is a serous felony crime.
    Greetings!

I decided to post in here after reading false and misleading information. Please take time to note that I'm using my REAL name and yes, I am one of the two original co-founders of LEOAFFAIRS.COM. Since November of last year (2017) I no longer have an affiliation with this site other than being a user just like the rest of you. So I have no reason to lie to you nor would I anyhow. I think my reputation speaks for itself.

Fact is, Mod 1 and I are NOT the same person. I used to post under Chip DeBlock and Sysop (System Operator). Jim Preston and I hired Mod 1 to be in charge of all moderators and message boards many years ago and he continues to do a great job for the new owners. So the accusations made about Mod 1 in this thread are completely false.

Fact is, I can confirm that Mod 1 is telling the truth when he says that Joe Lopez is not and never was a moderator for LEOAFFAIRS.COM (at least through November of last year). Yet another lie and attempt to sway readers with totally false information.

Fact is, it was I who worked with Major Joe Lopez at FHP to make sure action was taken on a death threat (via our message board) against Trooper Dan Cole. If you look at the original thread (http://forums.leoaffairs.com/showthr...ling-To-Invest) you will read that I originally had trouble getting cooperation from FHP until Major Lopez got involved. I've never worked for Major Lopez and I've never met him in person that I can remember, but I can tell you from my personal experiences with him (via phone) that he put the troops first. Yes, being at brass command level you're susceptible to being criticized from subordinates and you can never make everyone happy. I've personally been responsible for removing some baseless posts about Major Lopez (and many other people) that violated our Terms of Use. That was the policy of LEOAFFAIRS.COM and continues to be. If you have a problem with it, start your own law enforcement message board or be willing to properly report the postings you are alluding to.

Fact is, it's easy to make false accusations, talk about personnel files and testifying in court...all the while refusing to submit proof of such because it's all totally fabricated and untrue. The poster in this string(s) obviously has a beef with Major Lopez and is willing to misrepresent the facts in order to damage him. That's why I cannot idly stand by.

Finally, on the "posts falsely accusing people of being pedophiles which is a serous felony crime" remark, let me say this...if you commit such a heinous felony crime and attempt to get it expunged, don't forget that the arrest will still show up (directed to a specific person).

I close by reminding the LEOs here not to believe everything you read, especially from anonymous posters. If for whatever reason someone doesn't like Major Lopez, simply don't vote for him. In the meantime, I hope everyone stays safe out there!

Chip DeBlock, Host
    LEOROUNDTABLE.COM
    Law Enforcement Talk Show

Unregistered
    "I close by reminding the LEOs here not to believe everything you read, especially from anonymous posters."

Practice what you preach. Just because you have not witnessed it, doesn't make it untrue.

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar
    So you only moderate what people tell you to moderate?
    No. We don't have time to read every post. But we do get to posts that are reported within 24 hours.

Why is it that moderation seems to only apply to Joe? Accusations of his past, maybe present, behavior has been observed by many. Those same many, that have testified, under oath, in court, to the violations that they have observed. That being said, why is that not "proof" enough of his wrong doings?
    This post almost got deleted. I let it stand though. If people testified against Joe in court, there would be proof of it that you could easily get and post a copy of it on photobucket and then here.

I think Chip DeBlock's post covered most of this. I do want to say that it is easy to post proof on this forum and it has been done in the post. You get an anonymous photobucket or similar account, upload the images of the documents there. Then you link them to your post either using the img tag or a hyperlink.

Quote Originally Posted by chipdeblock View Post
    Greetings!

I decided to post in here after reading false and misleading information. Please take time to note that I'm using my REAL name and yes, I am one of the two original co-founders of LEOAFFAIRS.COM. Since November of last year (2017) I no longer have an affiliation with this site other than being a user just like the rest of you. So I have no reason to lie to you nor would I anyhow. I think my reputation speaks for itself.

Fact is, Mod 1 and I are NOT the same person. I used to post under Chip DeBlock and Sysop (System Operator). Jim Preston and I hired Mod 1 to be in charge of all moderators and message boards many years ago and he continues to do a great job for the new owners. So the accusations made about Mod 1 in this thread are completely false.

Fact is, I can confirm that Mod 1 is telling the truth when he says that Joe Lopez is not and never was a moderator for LEOAFFAIRS.COM (at least through November of last year). Yet another lie and attempt to sway readers with totally false information.

Fact is, it was I who worked with Major Joe Lopez at FHP to make sure action was taken on a death threat (via our message board) against Trooper Dan Cole. If you look at the original thread (http://forums.leoaffairs.com/showthr...ling-To-Invest) you will read that I originally had trouble getting cooperation from FHP until Major Lopez got involved. I've never worked for Major Lopez and I've never met him in person that I can remember, but I can tell you from my personal experiences with him (via phone) that he put the troops first. Yes, being at brass command level you're susceptible to being criticized from subordinates and you can never make everyone happy. I've personally been responsible for removing some baseless posts about Major Lopez (and many other people) that violated our Terms of Use. That was the policy of LEOAFFAIRS.COM and continues to be. If you have a problem with it, start your own law enforcement message board or be willing to properly report the postings you are alluding to.

Fact is, it's easy to make false accusations, talk about personnel files and testifying in court...all the while refusing to submit proof of such because it's all totally fabricated and untrue. The poster in this string(s) obviously has a beef with Major Lopez and is willing to misrepresent the facts in order to damage him. That's why I cannot idly stand by.

Finally, on the "posts falsely accusing people of being pedophiles which is a serous felony crime" remark, let me say this...if you commit such a heinous felony crime and attempt to get it expunged, don't forget that the arrest will still show up (directed to a specific person).

I close by reminding the LEOs here not to believe everything you read, especially from anonymous posters. If for whatever reason someone doesn't like Major Lopez, simply don't vote for him. In the meantime, I hope everyone stays safe out there!

Chip DeBlock, Host
    LEOROUNDTABLE.COM
    Law Enforcement Talk Show
    Thanks for the support Chip.

"I close by reminding the LEOs here not to believe everything you read, especially from anonymous posters."

Practice what you preach. Just because you have not witnessed it, doesn't make it untrue.
    I agree with what you said it doesn't make it untrue or true, but without proof it is not going to be on here. On a similar note, how many times have you interviewed a "witness" of a traffic crash only to find out that the evidence did not support what the witness saw? Just saying...

Have a great evening and stay safe,

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Unregistered
    So, what you are implying, is that anyone who has witnessed any wrong doings on Joe's part is lying? Because there are no pictures, perhaps no investigation because "lack of proof" other than observation, no documentation because it may have been some indiscretion witnessed by another party who made no formal complaint or chose not to say anything?

Unregistered
    So, what you are implying, is that anyone who has witnessed any wrong doings on Joe's part is lying? Because there are no pictures, perhaps no investigation because "lack of proof" other than observation, no documentation because it may have been some indiscretion witnessed by another party who made no formal complaint or chose not to say anything?
    Can you please stop embarrassing yourself. It’s pretty self explanatory. If there’s no proof, it can’t be posted, regardless of the truthfulness of it. You may very well not be a liar, but it’s impossible for mods to tell lies from truth on an anonymous forum without proof. So chill. Nobody is calling you a liar. But you are a moron, and your post is proof, so I can say it.

Unregistered
    Can you please stop embarrassing yourself. It’s pretty self explanatory. If there’s no proof, it can’t be posted, regardless of the truthfulness of it. You may very well not be a liar, but it’s impossible for mods to tell lies from truth on an anonymous forum without proof. So chill. Nobody is calling you a liar. But you are a moron, and your post is proof, so I can say it.
    LOL.

Well said, maybe the original poster needs pictures to fully understand.

You cant fix stupid.

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar
    Thank you. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast