How’s the morale. - Page 2
Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Wondering if USF is going to put out another climate survey?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It looks like they have assigned the Witch of Buchenwald to be back in charge and run stats on people like she is likes to do. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilse_Koch
    Sad to say but it is all about the numbers.

Unregistered
    How's the Morale? It was going up, but it is on the downside again. It is a decent job, but the command staff is ruining the job. Get out while you can.

Unregistered
    TPD still has a great 20 yr retirement with a nice 13th check bonus check just about every year. And most retire as a patrolperson. Gov. Scott, changed it so here, you have to put in a 30 yr retirement, hoping most will not make it to retirement. Look around at your job people, there are no senior officers here that are planning on retiring at this job. There are none. Here, if you do not make a promotion or brought into an office on a job for the rest of your career, you are pretty much screwed. It's just word to the wise.

Unregistered
    The raises can not fix the headaches that this agency causes. If I were a young man or woman, I wouldn’t be looking at the short term money. I would get the H out while before you become another scared chess piece. Now days, police work is f’ed up, this place is at a whole new level of f’ed up.

Unregistered

Angry

How's the Morale? It was going up, but it is on the downside again. It is a decent job, but the command staff is ruining the job. Get out while you can.

What more can we do ? They were sending out the crime stats for awhile and they showed that crime dropped but that's NOT GOOD ENOUGH they want more.

Unregistered
    What more can we do ? They were sending out the crime stats for awhile and they showed that crime dropped but that's NOT GOOD ENOUGH they want more.
    I have thought about that one and here is my plan:

I am investing some personal savings in equipment that will increase the level of service that I provide to the USF Community such as my own heavy-duty battery pack to jump vehicles, a locksmith quality vehicle entry kit, snacks and refreshments to hand out to students, tamper-resistant bike locks, rechargeable engraver to mark valuable items, etc.

I am no longer going to have the community wait around for the 'other' department to provide these services; I am going to do it like we used to back in the day, and then some.

Yes, it is a financial investment, but I also printed my own personal liability waivers and will also include an empty, SASE with a thank you card in it for anyone who wishes to send along a quick note and 'something' else to my PO Box.

The way I figure it, I should at least recoup my costs.

Unregistered
    The raises can not fix the headaches that this agency causes. If I were a young man or woman, I wouldn’t be looking at the short term money. I would get the H out while before you become another scared chess piece. Now days, police work is f’ed up, this place is at a whole new level of f’ed up.
    Have to disagree bigtime, good raises can do a lot for morale. I don't know what idiot posted that. FHP has the best equipment of any agency, but what they pay them, they can't even afford their water bill. That is why they brain wash them in their police academy about their superiority. The Chief has done unprecedented pay raises here. It must be a really young rookie that posted that without a family to support. One day you will wise up and realize this.

Unregistered
    Have to disagree bigtime, good raises can do a lot for morale. I don't know what idiot posted that. FHP has the best equipment of any agency, but what they pay them, they can't even afford their water bill. That is why they brain wash them in their police academy about their superiority. The Chief has done unprecedented pay raises here. It must be a really young rookie that posted that without a family to support. One day you will wise up and realize this.
    Money is just a band-aid. It fixes morale in the short term, but unless the work environment changes, employees will revert back to the same level of morale they had prior to the pay raise. Policing101. Try reading a book sometime.

Unregistered
    Looking at other salaries in the T.B. Area you'll see that the money we got was what we should have got years ago.

Looking at things now, I would rather keep the money we had and get rid of the command staff instead.

Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast