North Fla Tprs writing South Fla Tprs - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    For many years Troopers up in north Florida and some in central Florida we’re writing off duty Troopers from south Florida, primarily for speed.

Is this still going on? We certainly don’t do that here in Naples.
    Yes, it is still going on.

Unregistered
    Folks, if you don’t like it here you can leave. There are plenty of fresh bodies in the academy willing and ready to replace you. New young, excited and energetic Troopers are going to want to issue a lot of tickets. And those from South Fla have a reputation of fast driving which has put a reckless culture of excessive speed in our state.

Yes, a new Trooper may issue another Trooper a citation, but should a Trooper be traveling at such a high rate of speed off duty? Aren’t all Troopers human beings and subject to punishment for violation of Florida State Statutes? I am not saying by any means do I fully agree with writing a ticket to another law enforcement officer. But you need to realize the speed limit on the interstate is 70. And you can receive a ticket for 76. So are you any better than the college kid driving beside you while you’re both doing 90 miles per hour?

We have a culture in this state where people are dying due to speed. And troopers wreck too. Troopers have also died. We are not above the law and we most certainly are not above the grim reaper! Slow down and you will not have to worry about a ticket or becoming road kill!

Unregistered
    Folks, if you don’t like it here you can leave. There are plenty of fresh bodies in the academy willing and ready to replace you. New young, excited and energetic Troopers are going to want to issue a lot of tickets. And those from South Fla have a reputation of fast driving which has put a reckless culture of excessive speed in our state.

Yes, a new Trooper may issue another Trooper a citation, but should a Trooper be traveling at such a high rate of speed off duty? Aren’t all Troopers human beings and subject to punishment for violation of Florida State Statutes? I am not saying by any means do I fully agree with writing a ticket to another law enforcement officer. But you need to realize the speed limit on the interstate is 70. And you can receive a ticket for 76. So are you any better than the college kid driving beside you while you’re both doing 90 miles per hour?

We have a culture in this state where people are dying due to speed. And troopers wreck too. Troopers have also died. We are not above the law and we most certainly are not above the grim reaper! Slow down and you will not have to worry about a ticket or becoming road kill!
    And yes we are better than a college kid. We are super trained pursuit drivers so don't compare us to a breat feeding college kid. Oh sorry, by the way I read your post, you still sound like your slurping milk. When shit hits the fan, I hope you haven't pissed off too many people, it might be a long time before anyone gets there. Go wipe your mouth, you missed a spot and leep writing those all important 6 over speeding tickets.

Unregistered
    I never have and never will write a fellow LEO. PERIOD END OF STORY. I have discretion on every stop I make. Not everyone I stop gets a ticket.

Unregistered
    I never have and never will write a fellow LEO. PERIOD END OF STORY. I have discretion on every stop I make. Not everyone I stop gets a ticket.
    Would you write me I'm a state CO

Unregistered
    If you are form S Fl these days, you are a rude, self serving, immature, all about me asshole so, yes, I would write you if you come up to my northern county with the same attitude! S Fl is so focused on themselves and have been for years. They think they are better than anyone else and can do whatever they want, whether it be breaking traffic laws, to committing murder. Bunch of self righteous, better than thou assholes!

Unregistered
    This has been going on ever since CAD was started in south Florida in Monroe, Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties, the north Florida troopers were jealous and they would write tickets to any south Florida trooper they pulled over.

I guess this petty practice continues to this day.

I remember a lieutenant who would set up details on Sundays when troopers were to report to the academy for inservice training and also on Fridays when inservice training classes would let out, he would have the aircraft calling out only patrol cars and they would turn in every trooper they would pull over.

Nothing ever changes in FHP, it is still a petty place to work.

Unregistered
    OMG! Some troopers in North Florida required troopers to act like law abiding citizens? What is the world coming to?

Unregistered
    OMG! Some troopers in North Florida required troopers to act like law abiding citizens? What is the world coming to?
    Funny thing is when those same north Florida troopers come down to south Florida and get pulled over they want a break and were always given that break.

See a problem with that skippy?

Unregistered
    The mentality is a lot different in north Florida, where they act like 10 over the speed limit, on a clear day, on wide open stretch with no one else around is a felony.

They’ve never seen people drive like they do in Broward or Tampa.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast