Divorce advice from senior trooper
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Divorce advice from senior trooper

For any of you young troopers out there fixated on getting married, do not marry unless your significant other earns the same income or higher. If possible, avoid marriage all together. If your ex was unemployed, a stay home parent or a minimum wage earner during your marriage, you may be looking at worse case scenario in a divorce proceeding and by way of the family law courts, they can and will get the half of every dollar you earned during marriage, plus alimony, plus half of assets, plus half of retirement, plus legal fee's, plus half of equity in property, etc. Alot of marriages/divorces end up this way. Don't end up like me. To reiterate, do not marry anyone unless your future spouse earns the same income or higher. If possible, avoid marriage all together.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    For any of you young troopers out there fixated on getting married, do not marry unless your significant other earns the same income or higher. If possible, avoid marriage all together. If your ex was unemployed, a stay home parent or a minimum wage earner during your marriage, you may be looking at worse case scenario in a divorce proceeding and by way of the family law courts, they can and will get the half of every dollar you earned during marriage, plus alimony, plus half of assets, plus half of retirement, plus legal fee's, plus half of equity in property, etc. Alot of marriages/divorces end up this way. Don't end up like me. To reiterate, do not marry anyone unless your future spouse earns the same income or higher. If possible, avoid marriage all together.
    What does a hurricane, a tornado and your ex wife have in common?
    Eventually they will get your house!!

Unregistered
    Yes Sir, if it floats, flies or fux it's cheaper to rent it...

Unregistered
    Anything with tits or tires on it is gonna cost you money!

Unregistered
    Corrections to the above post 😎
    If it flies, drives, floats or fux, lease it don’t buy it!

-The Rock

Unregistered
    You have to be brain dead to marry a woman, or live with one.

Do your thing with separate legalities and addresses. Don't get me wrong, women are nice and make my place smell good but they gotta leave when I go to sleep.

Unregistered
    Corrections to the above post 😎
    If it flies, drives, floats or fux, lease it don’t buy it!

-The Rock
    No disrespect Sir, but as the OP of the first quote, I learned it from my Daddy as a young man in rural Alabama long before anyone would have cared what wise knowledge the Rock stole from us and made his own. You see, The Rock was not born until 1972 and I was born in the mid-60s and my Daddy gave me that little pearl of wisdom on the morning I shipped out to Parris Island for boot camp.

I suppose it really does not matter in the end, so long as you heed the advice. I didn't listen and am stuck living in a trailer on school property to this day. I did have a nice bass boat and house on a foundation before the divorce though.

Unregistered
    I would say 90% of male FHP Troopers are not attracted to women.

Unregistered
    I would say 90% of male FHP Troopers are not attracted to women.
    One of them is banging your girl as you wrote this!

Unregistered
    No disrespect Sir, but as the OP of the first quote, I learned it from my Daddy as a young man in rural Alabama long before anyone would have cared what wise knowledge the Rock stole from us and made his own. You see, The Rock was not born until 1972 and I was born in the mid-60s and my Daddy gave me that little pearl of wisdom on the morning I shipped out to Parris Island for boot camp.

I suppose it really does not matter in the end, so long as you heed the advice. I didn't listen and am stuck living in a trailer on school property to this day. I did have a nice bass boat and house on a foundation before the divorce though.
    Well, now that everyone on the internet knows you went to Paris Island, they ill know how smart and tough you are too. You must also have all the hats and stickers so the world knows you "served"

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast