The shotgun - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The shotgun

Unregistered

shutdown on 2018-03-31

Tough guy, you had me at the first part of your response, and I agree, if you spray a fighter down like a roach.., there is no person that can beat my ass that can't see me. To be realistic, no one is going to get that heavy shotgun out of their car and respond to a shooter situation period. They can't even get it right on the range on how to clear it... ect..w/o a firearms instructor help. It is about as useless as that 80lbs vest they issued us...no one is going to use that...get real!

Unregistered
    Yeah, because you have all used these tools at USF. Quit joking around campus security. You are only there to make the students “feel” safe. They should issue you guys stress cards and OC. All you guys talking about the trusty ol’ 12 ga and the rifles have probably never used either off of the range. Those complaining about the shotgun please find another profession. Those referencing their experience with both weapon systems, please stop because your experience at USFPD doesn’t qualify for an input. Have fun folks...

Unregistered
    They should issue Nerf guns. That should be sufficient. Not too heavy and less scary for the community.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yeah, because you have all used these tools at USF. Quit joking around campus security. You are only there to make the students “feel” safe. They should issue you guys stress cards and OC. All you guys talking about the trusty ol’ 12 ga and the rifles have probably never used either off of the range. Those complaining about the shotgun please find another profession. Those referencing their experience with both weapon systems, please stop because your experience at USFPD doesn’t qualify for an input. Have fun folks...
    Whoa easy there tough guy. Feel free to dump on those that have never aspired to work anywhere other than USF but don't forget there are plenty working there who paid there dues elsewhere.

Unregistered
    It's simple, get with times. Don't spend more useless money on those fancy upgraded shotguns that no one will ever use. Spend the money on rifles that are needed these days to counter an active shooter. I think someone posted the VA Tech officers response to the active shooter on the campus, even the fat guys were running to the area of the shooter with a rifle.

Unregistered
    I hate to even acknowledge the ignorance and lack of experience on this forum but I can't help it. So can any of you tell me what you give to those who can't qualify or aren't comfortable carrying a rifle? Do they not deserve to have an option to carry something in conjunction with their pistol in the off chance they have a primary weapon failure? And get off the active shooter topic. I understand most of you haven't done anything outside of this agency or you wouldn't be on here making asses of yourselves but there are many other reasons cops grab these weapons. Some of you who can't shoot a pistol under favorable conditions let alone under duress are going to wish you had a shotgun. Now should they purchase shotguns for the entire department? No, but do you really care that much? And by the way, the San Bernardino active shooter was put down with a shotgun

Unregistered
    I hate to even acknowledge the ignorance and lack of experience on this forum but I can't help it. So can any of you tell me what you give to those who can't qualify or aren't comfortable carrying a rifle? Do they not deserve to have an option to carry something in conjunction with their pistol in the off chance they have a primary weapon failure? And get off the active shooter topic. I understand most of you haven't done anything outside of this agency or you wouldn't be on here making asses of yourselves but there are many other reasons cops grab these weapons. Some of you who can't shoot a pistol under favorable conditions let alone under duress are going to wish you had a shotgun. Now should they purchase shotguns for the entire department? No, but do you really care that much? And by the way, the San Bernardino active shooter was put down with a shotgun
    I agree.

Again, it's a TOOL...

Fistfull Joe
    When a man with .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man.

Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistfull Joe View Post
    When a man with .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man.

Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot.
    You must be John Wayne.

Unregistered
    You must be John Wayne.
    Clint Eastwood...... A fistfull of dollars.... Thus Fistfull Joe...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12