Scheduled Carson PLank depositions - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    To accept PTI means she accepts a plea deal, which means she either pleads guilty or nolo contendre
    A PTI deal is not an admission of guilt. There are three traditional outcomes for court:
    1. guilty
    2. not guilty
    3. no contest

PTI is a circumvention of the above. If the accused completes the terms of the PTI agreement, then the SAO drops all charges. What's odd is that the PTI agreement is for an alleged felony that deals with an alleged attempted murder, kidnapping and battery.

Unregistered
    To accept PTI means she accepts a plea deal, which means she either pleads guilty or nolo contendre
    You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about. There’s no plea deal when a person maintains their not guilty plea. The state attorney offered her the PTI while allowing her to keep the not guilty plea. There was no guilty or no contest plea taken at any point. Go look at the clerk’s office records for the case if you don’t believe me it’s all on there.

Unregistered
    You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about. There’s no plea deal when a person maintains their not guilty plea. The state attorney offered her the PTI while allowing her to keep the not guilty plea. There was no guilty or no contest plea taken at any point. Go look at the clerk’s office records for the case if you don’t believe me it’s all on there.

Let me ask you this, after Ms. Plank's one year completion of the pretrial diversion, would she be able to continue in law enforcement and again hold a badge in this city or any other? I realize this is a belated issue, but was curious as to the disposition possibilities

Unregistered

Cool

Let me ask you this, after Ms. Plank's one year completion of the pretrial diversion, would she be able to continue in law enforcement and again hold a badge in this city or any other? I realize this is a belated issue, but was curious as to the disposition possibilities.
    Yes, Ms. Plank is eligible to be employed as a LEO. Under the terms of her agreement, she did not enter a plea of guilty, nor did she enter a plea of no contest. She has not been found guilty of any criminal wrongdoing. Why do you ask?

Unregistered
    Yes, Ms. Plank is eligible to be employed as a LEO. Under the terms of her agreement, she did not enter a plea of guilty, nor did she enter a plea of no contest. She has not been found guilty of any criminal wrongdoing. Why do you ask?

I asked only because I was curious.

Unregistered
    I asked only because I was curious.
    PS, forgot to mention that I appreciate you answering this

Unregistered

SO

Whatz up with Plank?

Unregistered
    She’s old news as far as I know. Unless you know something I don’t

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234