Scheduled Carson PLank depositions - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Winning in court is not about finding the truth, but it's about who can present the best case. There is a difference.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    She can sue all she wants but they crossed all T’s abd dotted all I’s in regards for finding cause to fire her... She won’t get her job back, she violated so many G.O.’s she makes some Deputies look like choir boys
    Actually they didn't. Won't spoil the ending for you, but the SSO royally f'd up the case by jumping the gun. Let's just say the charges don't measure up to what the statute definitions include. Yep, like to say more, but, not providing info to help the other side prepare.

Unregistered
    Winning in court is not about finding the truth, but it's about who can present the best case. There is a difference.
    It's about who can put together the best team, and who makes mistakes.
    That will come into play on this one.

Unregistered

Unit Citation Award

Depending how many of the screw ups and lies the defense can identify do you think they investigation team will have to rescind the unit citation award they were given for that case?

Unregistered
    Doubtful cause from what I heard the state is moving for dismissal. Sweeping under the rug as usual.

Unregistered
    Doubtful cause from what I heard the state is moving for dismissal. Sweeping under the rug as usual.
    Even if the State dismisses all the charges, Knight still won because Plank was arrested, first for a misdemeanor and later for a felony. The first misdemeanor arrest was because she bucked Knight. The second felony arrest was because Plank hired an attorney (Andrea Mogenson) who made a public statement that the arrest was bad because it was based on politics e.g. it was based on Plank bucking Knight’s power trip. The arrest was Knight’s grudge f*** because Plank made Knight look bad in the newspaper and in public. Once again, we run into the problem of Knight being a vindictive bully who uses the criminal justice system as his method of getting revenge on someone that made him look like a fool. Knight’s actions are immoral and detestable.

Unregistered
    Even if the State dismisses all the charges, Knight still won because Plank was arrested, first for a misdemeanor and later for a felony. The first misdemeanor arrest was because she bucked Knight. The second felony arrest was because Plank hired an attorney (Andrea Mogenson) who made a public statement that the arrest was bad because it was based on politics e.g. it was based on Plank bucking Knight’s power trip. The arrest was Knight’s grudge f*** because Plank made Knight look bad in the newspaper and in public. Once again, we run into the problem of Knight being a vindictive bully who uses the criminal justice system as his method of getting revenge on someone that made him look like a fool. Knight’s actions are immoral and detestable.
    You can beat the rap, but you can't beat the ride. That's the game Knight is playing.

Unregistered
    Weird. I heard the exact opposite from someone in the state attorney’s office less than a week ago.

Unregistered

Weird. I heard the exact opposite from someone in the state attorney’s office less than a week ago.
    What would Mr. Kurt Hoffman say? Either way, you’re both in violation of the general orders for disclosing what you know about the case.

Unregistered

The young prosecutors are gung ho to try absolutely any politically driven felony-case to prove that they are worth every cent that was spent on their student loans for law school. Conversely, the older prosecutors who have been seasoned and rebuked by Father Time want to distance themselves from Knight’s politically driven case against Plank. Those are the battle lines.

And now we have Knight’s politically driven case against Plank. In reality, Plank made some seriously stupid administrative mistakes – and maybe she deserved to be administratively terminated. However, Knight has a politically driven inclination to mix administrative issues with criminal issues, if he believes that he has been politically disrespected or slighted in any way. Hence, Plank refused to accept Knight’s initial administrative decisions against her, so in retaliation, Knight moved Plank’s administrative mistakes into the criminal court system. That is Knight’s infamous MO.

Ed Brodsky is a fickle animal. For example, do you remember the court battle between the chief judge and Knight? Brodsky was initially sided with Knight, until Brodsky realized that all the judges and lawyers were vehemently against Knight’s decision to withdraw deputies from performing courthouse security duties. After Brodsky realized that all the judges were against Knight, Brodsky switched political teams to support of the wishes of the judiciary – and Brodsky abandoned Knight’s political ship.

The chief judge was able to rebuke and withstand Knight. Caroline Zucker was also able to withstand Knight’s threat to take legal action against her. Shirley Brown got a taste of Knight’s name-calling and bullying. However, employed deputies do not have the political or legal luxury of standing up to Knight’s MO of using the judiciary against them for administrative mistakes.

So what will happen to Plank? She hired an outstanding attorney (Andrea Mogensen), but please remember that the courthouse is not the proper venue to establish the truth because court cases are won exclusively by whoever presents the best case.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast