so many complaints

Unregistered

so many complaints

I work for another agency, and from time to time I visit threads of agencies around me. I don't understand why so many complaints on the HCSO board. You guys make really good money. Let me tell you about where I work -

- staff at my agency promote friends and family even if they don't know how to use our report writing system
    - they hire family who admit, during polygraph, to large amounts embezzlement at their last job
    - we have staff members who have sexual relationships with subordinates
    - we have staff members with dirty urine screens
    - we continue to place people in specialty positions who cheat on their wives, with subordinates, while out of town training
    - even though we continue to have problems with people we promote, the bosses still think their way is the best way to do it
    - we make new equipment contracts with retired staff members, even though there is nothing wrong with our current equipment
    - even though the word "uni" means one, we have several types of uniforms: really comfortable clothes for the staff and those working in the palace, but the people doing all the labor wear out-dated, impractical uniforms
    - our promotional rules change every year
    - we pretend to support returning veterans, although we won't hire someone with a visible globe and anchor tattoo who recently returned from Afghanistan, we rather have a 22 year old college graduate whose most stressful day was telling mommy they were not given an "A" this semester
    - we have a peer support team so we can put a check mark in the box, but if you say you are stressed or worn out, you are shunned and told to stop complaining. Fortunately this never leads to substance abuse, alcoholism, or poor judgement during use of force situations.

see it could be worse

Unregistered
    So you do work for HCSO?

Unregistered
    Haaa sounds like hcso

Unregistered
    Hahaha! Sound like this agency. The issue is that while they pull all that dirty crap, they nit pick and screw with us front lines for just about every tiny detail you could ever imagine. To make it look like this agency is some kind of perfect example. Thet pull the whole we are the best of the best wool over the publics eyes. Maybe your agency is not as hypocritical. Also, its not all about the money. Many have left and taken pay cuts to find peace.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I work for another agency, and from time to time I visit threads of agencies around me. I don't understand why so many complaints on the HCSO board. You guys make really good money. Let me tell you about where I work -

- staff at my agency promote friends and family even if they don't know how to use our report writing system
    - they hire family who admit, during polygraph, to large amounts embezzlement at their last job
    - we have staff members who have sexual relationships with subordinates
    - we have staff members with dirty urine screens
    - we continue to place people in specialty positions who cheat on their wives, with subordinates, while out of town training
    - even though we continue to have problems with people we promote, the bosses still think their way is the best way to do it
    - we make new equipment contracts with retired staff members, even though there is nothing wrong with our current equipment
    - even though the word "uni" means one, we have several types of uniforms: really comfortable clothes for the staff and those working in the palace, but the people doing all the labor wear out-dated, impractical uniforms
    - our promotional rules change every year
    - we pretend to support returning veterans, although we won't hire someone with a visible globe and anchor tattoo who recently returned from Afghanistan, we rather have a 22 year old college graduate whose most stressful day was telling mommy they were not given an "A" this semester
    - we have a peer support team so we can put a check mark in the box, but if you say you are stressed or worn out, you are shunned and told to stop complaining. Fortunately this never leads to substance abuse, alcoholism, or poor judgement during use of force situations.

see it could be worse
    Well done, sir. Well done.