Knight says schools must pay 100% of cost for deputies - Page 8
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Thumbs up Shots fired & schools on lock-down

Sarasota schools on lock-down after shots fired:
    • McIntosh Middle School in unincorporated Sarasota County.
    • Bishop Nevins Academy in unincorporated Sarasota County.
    • Cardinal Mooney High School in city limits.

Scoop:
    http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20...eported-nearby

As Knight would say: "Screw school security and the SRO program." Doh!

Senior Member LEO Affairs Lieutenant

Lightbulb State Senator Bill Galvano disputes Sheriff Knight’s claims

Quote Originally Posted by “Zac Anderson”
    Sheriff Tom Knight declared he will no longer pay half the cost of his school resource officers because a new state law makes it clear that all the responsibility for funding officers lies with school districts – and he pointed to the new state money that districts are receiving for security.

“With that amount of money coming out of Tallahassee, I shouldn’t pay for my school resource officers,” Knight claimed.

However, state Sen. Bill Galvano, one of the main authors of the law, says it shouldn’t serve as justification for [Knight] to cut school security funding.

Galvano said that the additional state funding was intended to pay for new security – and not to pay for previously existing positions. “The idea was not to reduce funding for current security agreements. We created the opportunity for additional,” Galvano said.

“I think the security and safety of our children is everyone’s responsibility and there was never the intent that by passing this law the agreements that existed between school districts and [Knight] would somehow be rescinded,” said Galvano, a Bradenton Republican who helped craft the legislation.
    Full story:
    http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20...ing-agreements
    Journalism can never be silent: that is its greatest virtue and its greatest fault. It must speak, and speak immediately, while the echoes of wonder, the claims of triumph and the signs of horror are still in the air.

Unregistered
    The security lies with the School District not the SHERIFF. Their are 66 other counties that are feeling the same pain and the issues continues to go back to the School District. I for one am glad they are creating a PD. With the size and population of this county. It is long over due. The School board will have to raise the pay or they are going to get what they pay for. Other counties are just hiring Guardians ,Safety Security Officers Ie...Armed guards with 6 weeks of training. The SBPD has to start somewhere.

Unregistered

Thumbs up This is a... knightmare!

Quote Originally Posted by Zac Anderson View Post
    Sheriff Tom Knight declared he will no longer pay half the cost of his school resource officers because a new state law makes it clear that all the responsibility for funding officers lies with school districts – and he pointed to the new state money that districts are receiving for security.

“With that amount of money coming out of Tallahassee, I shouldn’t pay for my school resource officers,” Knight claimed.

However, state Sen. Bill Galvano, one of the main authors of the law, says it shouldn’t serve as justification for [Knight] to cut school security funding.

Galvano said that the additional state funding was intended to pay for new security – and not to pay for previously existing positions. “The idea was not to reduce funding for current security agreements. We created the opportunity for additional,” Galvano said.

“I think the security and safety of our children is everyone’s responsibility and there was never the intent that by passing this law the agreements that existed between school districts and [Knight] would somehow be rescinded,” said Galvano, a Bradenton Republican who helped craft the legislation.

Full story:
    Knight was caught lying... again. Knight's first publicized lie was when he argued against Chief Judge Charles Williams (and Knight lost that case too). Now Senator Galvano has exposed Knight for what he is... again... as someone who manipulates the truth (lies) for his own sick reasons.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Media;2873141]Full story:
    http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20...ntary-campuses

Why is the Sheriff going forward with hiring and training School Resource Deputies? He told the school board it's all yours. So why is going ahead and hiring and training people. He is a waivering fool.

Unregistered
    Hes not waivering. If the PD can not do it then the Sheriff will have to. Hes doing what is necessary. Give the man some credit.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Knight was caught lying... again. Knight's first publicized lie was when he argued against Chief Judge Charles Williams (and Knight lost that case too). Now Senator Galvano has exposed Knight for what he is... again... as someone who manipulates the truth (lies) for his own sick reasons.

Its apparent you have personal issues going on with the SHERIFF and cannot see forest through the trees. I hope you get some help or see someone., If your not in politics why even get caught up in it.

Unregistered

Its apparent you have personal issues going on with the SHERIFF and cannot see forest through the trees. I hope you get some help or see someone., If your not in politics why even get caught up in it.
    People have bona fide issues with Knight’s odd behaviors, both public and private (secretive).
    • Knight called two separate school board members names while he was on-duty and was being paid with taxpayer dollars. There is no justification for calling people names because it does not accomplish anything positive or constructive.
    • Knight also conspired with Eric Robinson to sabotage the school board budget. That's destructive and it hurts taxpayers.

Nope, we are not making this stuff up and a public records request revealed Knight’s odd behaviors and it was printed in this article:
    http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20...superintendent

Knight is deeply disturbed and his commonplace tactic is to consistently blame others for his personal issues. Knight has complex psychological issues (bullying?) and he needs a specialized kind of psychological or psychotropic help that goes far deeper than politics. He ought not be carrying a badge and a gun, to say the least, nor should he be paid to do so.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Zac Anderson View Post

Full story:
    This is reminiscent from when Knight told Chief Judge Charles Williams that "your legal authority stops at the four corners of the courtroom." The appellate court struck down Knight's bizarre claim.

And then Knight told the Sarasota School Board that he was withdrawing SRO's (and SRO funding) from the school system because the state legislature provided security funding for the school system because the sheriff is allegedly not responsible for protecting schools (or bizarre words to that financial effect). However, Senator Bill Galvano said that Knight is dead wrong about that --- and Senator Galvano is the chief author of the new law, so knows the intent of the law.

• First, Knight created a knightmare for the court system by withdrawing security from court buildings. Knight allowed guns (those with permits AND those without permits) into court buildings, until the appellate put a stop to Knight's madness.
    • Second, Knight is creating a knightmare for the school system by threatening to withdraw security from schools.

The "knightmare in Sarasota County" will not stop until Knight is removed from the office of sheriff. His bizarre legal claims have unnecessarily put the public, court personnel and school kids in harms way.

Unregistered

Why would a person need to be in politics to want a proper politician in office? What is wrong with being a concerned citizen and member of the community with a voice? Isn't that what our democracy is based on? If this guy wants to ***** about Knight, night and day, why does he need to "get some help"? People ***** about Trump Obama etc. Do you know how many whack a doodle people complained about Obama? Should they get help too? You my friend are the problem it seem as if most of us see the Forest and the Trees, but it might be hard to see anything when your head is buried in the sand. You have your opinion and others have theirs. Maybe you need some help?

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast