Interim Chief Morales - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    In a normal rise to the position of Chief all command officers who meet the qualifications, would be considered, if they met the qualifications, CM does not. Pelfrey did and he was suspiciously suspended one day before CM was appointed. I am not saying that this was a bad thing, Pelfrey should have never been hired in the first place, but he was friends with Lewis and DiFranco. We also must remind ourselves that Capt CM never even applied for this position when it was posted. Now in regards to the Captains rise to the throne, despite what one wants you to believe, he did not climb the ladder of command, he took the elevator. He was promoted twice in one year and neither was for any outstanding service. He is a political hack plain and simple. Remember in earlier posts, months ago, he was spotted in Subway with Lear and VC,
    Lets not forget he was the captain and commander of the uniform services bureau when all the antics transpired, he was just as responsible as KV. They both are cut from the same mold
    Are things likely to change, probably not. Are they gong to get worse, most likely. If the latest promotions are an indication of what is to come, well be prepared. This assentation to the throne was nothing more than political posturing. Lear was told what to do and he did it. CM will become the permanent chief as KV did. To those who believe it will , well, one can hope.
    When things go bad and they will, this is not only on Lear but the entire commission for allowing this promotion to happen and for the political collusion which transpired here.
    I wish I didnt think you are on to somthing, I really really want to believe the best here. However, this end game was predicted the day the Captain who was qualified to assume the Interim role was sacrificed. Vespia took out Uebealacker then campaigned to run off anyone that might not pipe his rainbow fairytales. We have lost 26 assuming Pelfrey gone, since January of 17...

DRC. One more week.

Unregistered

Fraud

This was so transparent its almost laughable. Lear had no intention of bringing in an outside chief that would have cleaned house. Why did Vespia allow Morales to sit in on the chief candidate interviews? They all knew he would be tapped and the plan was to accept none of the applicants. Where are the evaluation sheets for the chief candidates? Is Lear afraid they will be rated “great not good”. Public records should be revealed. Where are they? Pelfrey was brought in 2 years ago because he was a weak short-term AC. That’s what Vespia wanted.
    For those that think that Chris will be our savior remember he will emulate his leadership examples before him. That’s KV. No wonder Capt. U had a problem with the admin. He tried to bring it to light and in the end the city wrote him a big fat check.
    This is a criminal fraud between Vespia, Lear, Carasone and Morales. Taypayer dollars were wasted intentionally. So what happened now? CM an interim? Give it a few months. No decent chiefs candidate will apply after they found out how we treated the last 4 candidates and who can blame them. That’s when Lear will tap CM as the chief.
    Somebody needs to investigate this mess. The city commissioners need to stand up and call for an investigation into the city managers office and the current police chief. Stop letting the mayor be a bully for her boy CM. I wonder what light the outgoing Asst city manager Schute can shed on this. Did he know the plan?
    And Stephanie for all the good you have brought to light in this city, Pete Lear is playing you for a fool. He has lied to you before. What makes you think this time will be any different?

Unregistered
    This was so transparent its almost laughable. Lear had no intention of bringing in an outside chief that would have cleaned house. Why did Vespia allow Morales to sit in on the chief candidate interviews? They all knew he would be tapped and the plan was to accept none of the applicants. Where are the evaluation sheets for the chief candidates? Is Lear afraid they will be rated “great not good”. Public records should be revealed. Where are they? Pelfrey was brought in 2 years ago because he was a weak short-term AC. That’s what Vespia wanted.
    For those that think that Chris will be our savior remember he will emulate his leadership examples before him. That’s KV. No wonder Capt. U had a problem with the admin. He tried to bring it to light and in the end the city wrote him a big fat check.
    This is a criminal fraud between Vespia, Lear, Carasone and Morales. Taypayer dollars were wasted intentionally. So what happened now? CM an interim? Give it a few months. No decent chiefs candidate will apply after they found out how we treated the last 4 candidates and who can blame them. That’s when Lear will tap CM as the chief.
    Somebody needs to investigate this mess. The city commissioners need to stand up and call for an investigation into the city managers office and the current police chief. Stop letting the mayor be a bully for her boy CM. I wonder what light the outgoing Asst city manager Schute can shed on this. Did he know the plan?
    And Stephanie for all the good you have brought to light in this city, Pete Lear is playing you for a fool. He has lied to you before. What makes you think this time will be any different?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    I wish I didnt think you are on to somthing, I really really want to believe the best here. However, this end game was predicted the day the Captain who was qualified to assume the Interim role was sacrificed. Vespia took out Uebealacker then campaigned to run off anyone that might not pipe his rainbow fairytales. We have lost 26 assuming Pelfrey gone, since January of 17...

DRC. One more week.
    Everyone with a brain that has worked there knew this was coming down the pike. Every thing that has ever happened it the past few years has been discussed among those of us that were not afraid to speak openly. Every disaster has been discussed and we knew the "handwriting was on the wall". Now the citizens will have to suffer with a mediocre department that really doesn't care to solve their crimes. Such a shame.

Pam S.

Unregistered
    Fraud plain and simple.

Unregistered

Unregistered
    This is all very easy. Since Morales is the "interim" Chief. We are still in search of the best according to Mr. Lear. So I would assume the job is still posted. Can someone provide a link to the job posting? I would like to see what the qualifications are. When are the next interviews? I would encourage all of you to contact Mr. Lear and your city commissioners especially ones up for re-election and asked them how the search for the new chief is going. Get it in writing. I see a another Bradenton Beach the way this is going with an looming investigation, If a new Chief is not hired FDLE should open a case and interview VC, Lear, and Morales. In order to see if they conspired to commit a fraud (takes three) If so charges should be brought immediately. Is there a witness to the date that they were seen together at lunch? The city would like our $20,000 back please. We will take a cashiers check only.

Unregistered
    Someone should check into the two chief applicants that withdrew their application. The other four were fodder even though one could have been a perfect leader.

There is some truth into the fact that SU saw things for what they were. Speak out against the establishment and you get removed. We have one outside commander left who either is too smart to speak honestly or too afraid to. It’s a lose lose situation for him.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

I hope you are wrong..

I have to believe more than that for Mr. Lear. He has to be overwhelmed. The wheels are real wobbly on the City if you haven't noticed. He still has my benefit of the doubt. I think he is well aware he is under a microscope on this and he knows we need way more than more of the same.

I have been wrong before but I really trust my gut on him.

Unregistered
    Well Steph, realistically you should be ale to trust your gut and believe truth will triumph in the end. Your an optimist which is fine, I'm a realist, I look at things as they really are. What we have here is plain and simple, VC pulling the strings and putting her man Morales in. Nothing more nothing less. I ask, where are the postings showing they are actively looking, where are the public records in regards to the last candidates. VC holds the majority and lear knows that, is she vindictive enough to go after him if he refuses her demands, well you can answer that urself. Bottom line is this, until such time VC is no longer the majority, we are screwed, its her way or the highway plain and simple. Lear is just a puppet. I most certainly would like to believe in the system working correctly, but in this city its who controls the strings. In the left hand you have the I'm still looking and he's just an interim, while the right hand is doing the dirty work. We speak of the lack of trust, honesty, integrity and ethics, it runs much deeper than the PD, it starts at the top. I am just hoping that we get another two candidates who are not followers or controlled by VC and her cronies, Lukes and Hanks. Nothing is going to change until we do, that's the reality of this situation. But hey we all can wish and dream and believe, we just cannot be conned and lied to any longer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast