Deputies James Crosby, John Robertson & Lindsey Fischer in the news

Senior Member LEO Affairs Lieutenant

Lightbulb Deputies James Crosby, John Robertson & Lindsey Fischer in the news

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos R. Munoz
    Aaron Hunter, 42, filed a complaint with the Sarasota sheriff asking for an apology for the actions of deputies James Crosby, John Robertson and Lindsey Fischer for pointing their pistols at him and yelling obscenities — unprovoked — in a “disrespectful and unprofessional manner” during a traffic stop.

The deputies believed his truck matched the description of a Ford F150 involved in a shooting.

They exited their patrol cars with guns drawn, calling for Hunter to exit the truck. Hunter said, “I had my hands in the air. They all had these guns pointed at me.” They ordered him to:
    - exit the truck with hands high
    - and walk backwards toward them

Hunter said, “I did as I was told, but while doing so, I asked them why they stopped me. They were agitated with my question and responded, ‘Shut your (expletive) mouth before I put your face in the (expletive) pavement.’ If we were the city police, you would be lit up.”

Sheriff’s spokeswoman Kaitlyn Perez said, “We are not able to locate any level of resistance (LOR) reports, which deputies complete if they draw their weapon. Perez said deputies never pointed their weapons at Hunter.

Hunter has an extensive criminal history — more than 40 offenses, including…

Full story:
    http://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20...xcessive-force
    Journalism can never be silent: that is its greatest virtue and its greatest fault. It must speak, and speak immediately, while the echoes of wonder, the claims of triumph and the signs of horror are still in the air.

Unregistered
    Aww did this 40+ time loser get his wittle feewings hurt? This guy has been through law enforcement contact numerous times, as evidenced by his prior offense count so he should know why they were being so definitive towards him. Even if he were a model citizen you'd have to not own a TV to see that high risk stops are down that way. When the cops are ordering you to exit the vehicle with your hands up and walking backwards to them with their guns drawn, you should be at as smart as a fifth grader to realize they are acting upon information that they believe puts you at a high risk to their safety. To ask, at that time, why they are stopping you is just plain stupid and their rough language may just be a way that they try to gey you to understand the seriousness of the situation. He is just looking for his 15 minutes of fame. Good job deputies!

Unregistered
    Proven this guy was full of it... Recsnted his statement... I did hear the Chief of SPD took offense to the alleged comment and e-mailed Knight, haha