When the sheriff cant
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

When the sheriff cant

As usual the state has to step in when the sheriff can't take care of business

http://www.tampabay.com/florida-poli...cer-suspended/

Unregistered
    The Governor has no clue on Florida Law Enforcement., He doesnt even realize. The Troopers are less trained to handle this event. He has some goooruuu giving him such bad advice There are more deputies in that county than the entire FHP. Its ashame that he is showing just how little he knows about law enforcement in this state. FHP can barely even keep employees and the ones they have are kids literally 23 and under and a handful of older troopers who hung on past their prime and now cant or wont change.

Good luck but I can honestly say if he manged to send the few troopers he has. They are going to get SCHOOLED and realize they have not the training or experience to handle this tragic episode.

Unregistered
    The BSO obviously needs some re aligment issues in management. The last thing they need is some non trained trooper who knows nothing on School Resource Enforcement and possibly even tactical events of active shooter. Please just fix the problem and stick with the real law enforcement., No disrespect but I dont expect a Game Warden to work the Interstate Traffic Enforcement, Why would I expect a Trooper to work in a school......

Unregistered
    Says a deputy that all He does is sit at Chik Filat and knocks on a door to see who hung up on 911. Troopers might not have the super manpower, but they take care of business and are more knowledgeable when it comes to human diversity. Deputies just want to hide when bullets fly, and won't fight anyone unless they have 4 or 5 as backup. Proven at the shooting that just happened.

I'm a retired Trooper, and I can't count how many times I rolled on the ground with someone without backup. I applaud the governor for this initiative, it proves there is a serious malfunction when you have to call in a traffic enforcement agency to guard a post. At least the trooper won't fall asleep on the car.

Unregistered
    Oh guys, here is your chance to show your stuff. Beginning tomorrow you are in charge of security at SDH, make sure your AR is handy and run towards the shooting not away if it happens again. good luck.

Unregistered
    Idiot the sheriff department agreed on it scott didnt just send them so talk shit about the shitty bso not fhp! Im sure those troopers would run in there not wait outside!

Unregistered
    So explain those special skills needed to work at school that 8 troopers cant do please

Unregistered
    We are the elite! We are the best of the best!!! Move over deputies and let the real elites handle this! Go FHP!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So explain those special skills needed to work at school that 8 troopers cant do please
    1. Lookup and apply criminal statutes (other than 316, 320, 322). Weapons (knife under 3”, over 3”), disruption of school, trespass in school, battery on school official, etc. Fail.

2. Issue trespass warnings that can be looked up later. Go ahead, tell me how and show me your form. I’ll wait. Fail.

3. Can’t write mom tint and tires tickets in the drop/off lane. I mean you could, but that’s why y’all can’t get anywhere with the Legislature. Fail.

Can’t arrest the 12 year old with no DL for *walking* to school. Or get caught up trying to search all the cars or lockers. Got to have some common sense. Fail.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    1. Lookup and apply criminal statutes (other than 316, 320, 322). Weapons (knife under 3”, over 3”), disruption of school, trespass in school, battery on school official, etc. Fail.

2. Issue trespass warnings that can be looked up later. Go ahead, tell me how and show me your form. I’ll wait. Fail.

3. Can’t write mom tint and tires tickets in the drop/off lane. I mean you could, but that’s why y’all can’t get anywhere with the Legislature. Fail.

Can’t arrest the 12 year old with no DL for *walking* to school. Or get caught up trying to search all the cars or lockers. Got to have some common sense. Fail.
    And most importantly, you need to be able to respond and immediately engage an active shooter killing our kids. Fail.

And if you forget all that intense training, at least have enough common sense not to fall asleep at the same school where the mass shooting occurred and you didn’t act. Fail.

Sounds about right. Correct? Thanks for showing us the way oh wise one, but we’ll take it from here.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast