Fhp Trc academy

Thread: Fhp Trc academy

Fhp trc academy

Fhp Trc academy

Good morning, I was just wondering what the Trc academy consist of since they are only there for about 8 weeks is there pass/fail test within that what do the transitional recruits do for those 2 months, thank you

Unregistered
    The TRC is agency-oriented training. You will discuss policy, high-liability, radio procedures, etc. It’s just FHP specific type training. I truly don’t recall if there was any testing involved but there may be.

Good luck! Stay safe!

Unregistered
    If I remember correctly Breath Test Operator and RADAR/LASER classes are pass fail.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If I remember correctly Breath Test Operator and RADAR/LASER classes are pass fail.
    Are those written test or hands on? Easy test right?

Unregistered
    'Easy' is subjective; it sounds like you are very worried. I mean, have you ever taken any CJSTC that you found to be difficult? I cannot think of any in the Academy, at In-Service or even any of the Advanced Classes that were particularly worrisome.

If you struggled to get through the basic academy and have not figured it out by now on the road, I do not think it will be any easier for you. Breath Test Operator (BTO) and Radar/Lidar are not exactly difficult concepts to grasp, but you do need to be able to grasp them and be able to demonstrate proficiency on a written tests and live demonstrations on the equipment. You have to be accurate in your visual estimations from stationary and moving on the radar and FDLE does send their own proctor to monitor the written BTO exam and issue the permits at the conclusion of the course.

Unregistered
    Just pay attention to the content and study, no big deal. Don't pay attention to the negativity on this site.

Unregistered
    Just pay attention to the content and study, no big deal. Don't pay attention to the negativity on this site.
    Sounds about right

Example 1 - the loser above your post with negativity