North port being sued again for a dog maul and this time theres video - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    This entire case has been one sided from the beginning. The NPPD initially tried to try this case in the court of public opinion back in Oct. The original post has now been taken down? They released the original 911 call to "justify" their abuse of force. That was also removed.

Why was the dog bite victim never charged with the original crime? I remember specifically the NPPD FB post saying the victim had "super human strength". I have viewed the videos objectively. Regardless of the man's past, I do not see the use of the dog justified. I never saw the man running. This was his very own property. I saw the man stumble up the hill. I saw no visible threat coming from the man.

The reports do not coincide with what I see on the video. I never saw the man "shove" the officer in the chest. If that was the case, why did they not take him down in the street like it said "he shoved the officer in the street"??

There are clearly too many questions in this case. The video is sickening. If you zoom in close, it even looks like they stretched the mans arm out for the dog to bite. There are at least 30 seconds where no one is around the man and he's just laying there as if he's out cold.

I'm open minded. I get this man was out of his mind, but there was clearly a use of excessive force that was not warranted.

Unregistered
    None of you know what you are talking about. I personally feel as though KV has provided “amazing leadership” during his tenure as chief of NPPD. Regards,
    Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    None of you know what you are talking about. I personally feel as though KV has provided “amazing leadership” during his tenure as chief of NPPD. Regards,
    Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel
    You sir should not be a sheriff if you agree about how things were handled and how things played out. Officer bush has been in trouble for the same exact things before but has been settled out of court so it wouldn’t be brought into a court room and documented. For KV to let this continue happening and not reprimanding Keith bush is disgusting. Now a mans arm is permanently damaged for life. Thank god your in Broward county and not here. OPEN YOUR EYES, google NPPD they have made a terrible name for the good guys there, they are a horrible police department. Read the discovery, read the reports it’s all bogus and doesn’t match the video. But keep sticking up for them. As a tax paying citizen paying for their jobs I’m disgusted as how they handled this. I have personally watched the videos and requested the reports.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You sir should not be a sheriff if you agree about how things were handled and how things played out. Officer bush has been in trouble for the same exact things before but has been settled out of court so it wouldn’t be brought into a court room and documented. For KV to let this continue happening and not reprimanding Keith bush is disgusting. Now a mans arm is permanently damaged for life. Thank god your in Broward county and not here. OPEN YOUR EYES, google NPPD they have made a terrible name for the good guys there, they are a horrible police department. Read the discovery, read the reports it’s all bogus and doesn’t match the video. But keep sticking up for them. As a tax paying citizen paying for their jobs I’m disgusted as how they handled this. I have personally watched the videos and requested the reports.
    Pretty sure that was said tongue in cheek by the poster.. it is very ironic because vespia and israel are two of a kind... they are all self appointed heros and exonerate themselves of all responsibility.. always someone elses fault and they fail to realize they own those failures.

Unregistered

Unhappy

Some heads need to roll.

Unregistered

Dutch needs to be put down

I know the victim personally. For 30 some odd years now to be exact. I don't live in that shitty ass hell hole they call a town anymore or the state but I know that there is so much corruption within the NPPD and CCSO to make the Mob look clean.
    Dogs are just like any wild animal until trained to to do a job. Once a dog has the taste of blood they want more. This is not the first incident with Dutch being let loose on someone without reason.
    Rumor has that certain police dog handlers in these counties actually feed their dogs raw meat so they keep the thirst so the dog will dig in deeper and harder to let go.
    I am a true animal lover...but these dogs need to be put down.

I dont know that it is the dog's responsibility. He didnt let himself outta the truck and cue himself to attack... Tomy was the K9 that racked up the bites with KB.. he has been retired. Maybe Dutch has had other attacks and I somhow missed it.. either way.. like PD Admin is responsible for the state of the dept and actions of handlers.. the handlers and trainer is responsible for the dogs actions.

It needs an independent review and investigation.. not by NoPo or Venice or Charlotte county.. i vote we send it to the FDLE.. but alas that would take a request from Lear or the Chief.

Unregistered
    It is not the dogs fault. Putting the dog down doesn’t help the situation. Getting the corruption out of the police department would help immensely, starting with the officers that have bad records. On the other hand Dutch did bite one of the officers that night.

Unregistered
    Has the victim filed a formal complaint yet? Is this under IA? The victim should file a complaint with FDLE at this point. All parties involved need to give statements to a trained Internal Affairs Investigator. This is video and those reports don't add up. In my humble opinion as a "reasonable person" the force used was excessive. The punches thrown by the officer while the dog had the victim's arm was criminal battery in my opinion and a violation of the victim's civil rights. It is sad that these officers handled this call the way they did. If the suspect would have been black they would all be fired now. There are some in the video that act like they don't even know what to do. One officer (the fat one) seems confused and keeps walking back and forth as if he wants to just run away. Unbelievable!

Should not have to file a complaint.. the report went up the chain of command, they knee it was a problem from the get go.. Thus, the FB post painting the victim as if he kicked 4 officers ass and put em in the hospital.. if we had anyone in the current Admin with a set to make real change.. they would have rung em up... but they did not... UNLESS the investigation they are shading the infraction on the IA.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast