Kevin Durkin’
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Durkin’

Unregistered

Kevin Durkin’

Did a background investigator interview Detective Stout and Lt Pennington from the Tampa Police Department before hiring Kevin Durkin? Is this public record?

Unregistered

Kevin Durkin

Questionable background, documented by a PBA President/Detective and a TPD Lieutenant. Then rules are allegedly changed so Durkin can be a Sergeant without a college degree? Add this with family members being hired by Sireci? This appears to be just like old time politics I saw in Chicago back in the day!

Unregistered

Kevin Durkin Newspaper Story of more Lies and Manipulations

Just for your information, you are right about this guy. Here is even more proof of the corruption going on. And I thought a Chicago was bad. And Durkin gets promoted to a sergeant in charge of doing investigations. Who is investigating him?!? This new chief has no idea how he has be lied to.

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/12/05/news_pf/Hillsborough/Retirees_protest_poli.shtml

Unregistered

Durkin Story is True. Here it is!

St. Petersburg Times Online: Business

Weather | Sports | Forums | Comics | Classifieds | Calendar | Movies
    Retirees protest police, fire contract

A group of retired police officers and firefighters said the contract should have included them in its new pension terms.

DONG-PHUONG NGUYEN
    Published December 5, 2003
    TAMPA - Police officers and firefighters say they would take a bullet for each other or race into a raging fire in order to save their own.

That strength of unity and brotherhood apparently can be cracked by money.

A group of retired members of the firefighters and police officers union lashed out against their former comrades Thursday, saying their interests were not met and promises were not kept in contract negotiations with the city.

They appeared before the Tampa City Council to ask that council members not pass the new contract terms before them, even though they had already been approved by their own unions and the city.

After more than an hour and a half of discussion, the council voted 6-1 to approve the contract, leaving behind dejected retirees and a solemn police union president who said all attempts were made to appease everyone.

At issue were changes to the pension plan in the police union's three-year collective bargaining agreement and an amendment to the current contract with the International Association of Firefighters.

The proposal was to increase the pension for officers and firefighters, which means employee contributions would rise.

Lt. Robert Pennington, who retired from the Tampa Police Department in May after more than three decades, said Police Benevolent Association president Kevin Durkin assured him on several occasions that anyone who retired since July 21, 2001 would be added to the new, more generous pension terms of the new contract, even though they retired while the 2001 contract was in effect.

That group is made up of 140 firefighters and police officers, Pennington said.

"We just wanted to be included," said Pennington, who was one of the PBA's founders and Durkin's former supervisor. "My union turned around on me and said, "Hey, we've dropped you.' I'm disappointed. I took the man on his word."

Durkin said he never made promises. The only assurance he gave was that he would do his best. But it came down to the fact that the PBA had an obligation to all active duty officers, he said, and current officers couldn't afford to pay to include this select group of retirees.

"It's unfortunate we don't share the same opinion," Durkin said. "We gave it our best shot."

Sarah Lang, Tampa director of Human Resources, said the 2001 contract pays retirees 2.5 percent of their pay, multiplied by their years of service. The new contract would pay 3.15 percent of pay, times the years on the job.

Council member John Dingfelder, the lone dissenter, said it was his belief that it was "all or nothing" for the retirees, and that some compromise could have been reached to give them higher benefits, even if it was not the full amount. But, in the end, the majority of the council said they trusted the city staff to have done their best in negotiations.

"This is very painful for me," said council member Mary Alvarez. "I feel really bad about it."

Council member Shawn Harrison said despite the turmoil, he had no choice but to approve the contract. "Friendships have been lost by this," he said.

Unregistered

Kevin Durkin

Was a polygraph part of the background investigation? Did anyone interview Stout or Pennington before hiring Durkin? Did Sireci just order Durkin be hired and then promote him to Sergeant without a college degree?

Unregistered

Kevin Durkin

Wow, how much more is there? Where there is smoke there is fire! Was EJ Diaz hired by Sireci and promoted before a promotional year of probation? Was Diaz friends with Durkin? Who did the Diaz background and did anyone inquire on the many allegations regarding EJ Diaz ?

Unregistered

Kevin Durkin

Durkin’ s record was verified by Stout, Pennington and many others confirming his lack of integrity and self interest. Let’s go forward and find someone with integrity that can replace/I overcome his egotistical arrogant actions and move onto defeat the talibab

Unregistered
    You seriously need help. Stalk much? Please stop replying to your own thread, it's obvious you're just one person talking to themselves. Diaz and Durkin are better than you, that's why you've never been promoted, nobody needs a degree in rocket engineering to see that. Please seek professional help. Or maybe call FDLE and see if they're willing to entertain your nonsense.

Unregistered
    So many truthful statements by credible witnesses such as a former police lieutenant and former PBA President/Detective that you can’t even debate. Your also wrong on just one person on these blogs. “The worst disease in the world today is corruption. And there is a cure: transparency”

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    “The worst disease in the world today is corruption. And there is a cure: transparency”
    As you hide behind the anonymity of the internet?
    What credentials do you have. I am certain you have accomplished nothing in life. You lack to courage to build yourself up so you try to tear others down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast