Things that have changed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Unregistered

Things that have changed

Over the past 6 years, there was high hope that this agency would get better but .....

Now we complete use of force reports for touching a person when before it was only for medical clearance

Not allowed to arrest juveniles

No marijuana under 20 grams is tested by the lab. Thus created a legalization of marijuana in Broward

Airport debacle

Parkland shooting

Body cameras

Fear of discipline

Failed communication takeover by the county

No money for training

Disciplined by a civilian running details

So much more too

Unregistered

SW Ranches

Don’t forget we lost the Town of Southwest Ranches under the Lions Amaxing Leaderdhip. We are about to lose Parkland.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Over the past 6 years, there was high hope that this agency would get better but .....

Now we complete use of force reports for touching a person when before it was only for medical clearance

No marijuana under 20 grams is tested by the lab. Thus created a legalization of marijuana in Broward

Airport debacle

Parkland shooting

Body cameras

Fear of discipline

No money for training

So much more too

I guess we can now add the governor of Florida being too scared to do anything about it to the list.

And get ready to see an increase in overtime, because once these wrongful death lawsuits get rolling there won't be much money to hire anyone around this place for a long time. Once the lawyers finish investigating why this happened and what led up to it I'm guessing this place will be on the hook for around three or four hundred million dollars and that's a low estimate. We may see those kind of awards all over the place. The Demo Craps have really f#cjes this county over good.

And what do they do to fix it? They put their collective pea brains together and came up with.a new way to the our hands with the pursuit policy. Obviously, it's an attempt to cut down on lawsuits because they know what they're getting ready to pay but all it's going to do is embolden criminals and probably get a few of us seriously hurt or killed. These guys can't help themselves. This is a huge mess and they're making it worse.

Unregistered

Airport debacle

Parkland shooting

Body cameras

Fear of discipline

No money for training

So much more too
    Come on, we do use of force reports now just for looking at someone and intimidating them. Reality is we have to write all of these use of force reports to show descalation actually works and to show every use of force doesn't end up with someone going to the hospital. It's a typical policy, rather than fix it, we just go overboard the other way. Now the problem with that is if you get three use of forces you are marked as someone that needs to be monitored. The other part that wasn't considered is use of force reports are public record, now I have to sit on the stand in a trial and justify the use of force reports to a defense attorney playing the game. Deputy isn't it true you had one use of force report the year before but you had nine last year do you need anger management?, My apologies your honor I withdraw the question. Just like the pursuit / failure to yield policy. Now we and the Sgt's have to write a report if someone takes off on us and we don't pursue them. You're worried about the lab not testing anything under 20g, my district was told by the watch commander that if we arrest someone for possession of less than 20g WE would have to answer for it.....seriously now they are coming after us for doing our job! Now, I'm not one that sits under a tree and I don't want to sit under a tree. But I'm not going to get punished for doing my job either!

Unregistered
    Come on, we do use of force reports now just for looking at someone and intimidating them. Reality is we have to write all of these use of force reports to show descalation actually works and to show every use of force doesn't end up with someone going to the hospital. It's a typical policy, rather than fix it, we just go overboard the other way. Now the problem with that is if you get three use of forces you are marked as someone that needs to be monitored. The other part that wasn't considered is use of force reports are public record, now I have to sit on the stand in a trial and justify the use of force reports to a defense attorney playing the game. Deputy isn't it true you had one use of force report the year before but you had nine last year do you need anger management?, My apologies your honor I withdraw the question. Just like the pursuit / failure to yield policy. Now we and the Sgt's have to write a report if someone takes off on us and we don't pursue them. You're worried about the lab not testing anything under 20g, my district was told by the watch commander that if we arrest someone for possession of less than 20g WE would have to answer for it.....seriously now they are coming after us for doing our job! Now, I'm not one that sits under a tree and I don't want to sit under a tree. But I'm not going to get punished for doing my job either!
    7 eleven has some great magazines. But you have to pay for the coffee as they laugh at us now

Unregistered
    7 eleven has some great magazines. But you have to pay for the coffee as they laugh at us now
    It's the criminals county now.

Unregistered
    I get more reading time, watch more movies and get a better nights rest and it’s all while I am working. Is this a great job or what. Now give me a F’in raise!!!

Unregistered
    Nobody is, which is why bso brass handed the County to the criminals. Get a box of popcorn, sit back, and embrace the horror that's sure to follow.

Unregistered

Airport debacle

Parkland shooting

Body cameras

Fear of discipline

No money for training

So much more too
    does the sheriff still have ' civillian'' court deputies / old men guarding the prisoners in the courtroom
    and re0hired the re tread do nothings do do more,,,,,nothingness ?

Unregistered

Airport debacle

Body cameras
    The marijuana testing rule is same as FDLE uses at their lab, and all 66 other counties use. We were the last county to go to that. All BSO on this did was adopt the State's FDLE lab evidence standards.

Airport debacle???? We captured the killer within 80 seconds of the first shot being fired.

Body cams??? BWCs are working out really well. Produce good evidence for cases, and people behave better interacting with us as they know they are being filmed.