150 Recruits; No Raises - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Probably half of them if not more just want the free ride to certification and will apply with SO and PD as soon as possible. I cannot think of any other State where dozens of folks apply with the State's LE agency just to get a free ride and gtfo asap!
    Most State Police/HP agencies attract people wanting to make it a career because the State agency is the elite, a great place to work for 30 years like GSP, MSP, CHP etc. This is the opposite for sure. 85% apply knowing in advance they will be jumping ship in under 3 years! This is the Wal Mart of tax collection agencies. All Floduh State jobs are a joke. They attract and retain the bottom of the barrel, and actually make it work to an extent because they don't expect much other than some inflated stats and a bunch of ticket revenue. Even their elite FDLE is a complete joke.

Unregistered
    Why does FWC not have this problem?

Unregistered
    150 fresh new bodies eager to write tickets and work crashes? Hells yeah! Hopefully some come to Broward so I can go back to my hiding spot on the Ally and get my Netflix on. Our staffing dropped a little so I actually had to work for the past few months!

Checkers burger, large Grape soda and some Netflix! Hells yeah!

Unregistered
    Why does FWC not have this problem?
    Because they don't leave, they get to work whatever they want and don't respond to calls. In my opinion, they are overpaid for what they do. Have you ever called fwc to something? Bear, gator etc. They are never around and just send a civilian trapper.

Unregistered
    Because they don't leave, they get to work whatever they want and don't respond to calls. In my opinion, they are overpaid for what they do. Have you ever called fwc to something? Bear, gator etc. They are never around and just send a civilian trapper.
    Most Troopers think every agency is overpaid because FHP gets paid via IOUs.

Unregistered
    Most Troopers think every agency is overpaid because FHP gets paid via IOUs.
    ^^^*^ The truth ^^^^^

Unregistered
    150 fresh new bodies eager to write tickets and work crashes? Hells yeah! Hopefully some come to Broward so I can go back to my hiding spot on the Ally and get my Netflix on. Our staffing dropped a little so I actually had to work for the past few months!

Checkers burger, large Grape soda and some Netflix! Hells yeah!
    “I can’t understand why troopers are paid so low.” Insert sarcastic eye roll. Our salary is definitely fair. Can’t really watch Netflix and hide at REAL police agencies.

Unregistered
    Has anyone ever meet those ABT people? There state law enforcement and get paid way more than us and drive cooler cars only to go drink beer and play slot machines or chase kids with beer around. How is that possible????

Unregistered
    Has anyone ever meet those ABT people? There state law enforcement and get paid way more than us and drive cooler cars only to go drink beer and play slot machines or chase kids with beer around. How is that possible????
    As long as FHP gets an avalanche of applications every year, Legislature is unwilling to implement a step plan.

The state deny FHP pay raises and have the nerve to complain why there's a trooper shortage.

Unregistered
    Complaining that we have 150 recruits and filling vacancies... The same people would complain that we are short-handed and need help on the road. You can’t have it both way. Nice job background guys.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast