Retirement

Thread: Retirement

Unregistered

Retirement

Hello all. Looking for basic information on the retirement for Tampa Police. I’m coming from a local sheriffs office and I hope to begin on May 1, 2018. I’m just looking for basic retirement Information like what’s the percentage you get from your retirement. I know it’s the average of your last 3 years but is it 60% or 70%. I cant find this in the Tampa pension web page. Any basic info would be much appreciated.

Unregistered
    I don’t mean to be a smart ass but you didn’t ask this question during your hiring process?

Unregistered
    3.15 X number of years worked will get you your percentage. Your percentage is applied to the average of your highest three years. You can also buy back up to 5 years of prior law enforcement or military time. It's expensive, but worth it if you can do it early on. It gets even more expensive later in your career. Good luck.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello all. Looking for basic information on the retirement for Tampa Police. I’m coming from a local sheriffs office and I hope to begin on May 1, 2018. I’m just looking for basic retirement Information like what’s the percentage you get from your retirement. I know it’s the average of your last 3 years but is it 60% or 70%. I cant find this in the Tampa pension web page. Any basic info would be much appreciated.
    Simple GOOGLE search of Tampa Fire and Police Pension =

https://www.tampagov.net/fire-and-police-pension

Unregistered
    Man I feel sorry for you. You do not know what you are getting into. The most important part of our job is JUVENILE PROBATION CHECKS and PANHANDLERS. Have fun doing JUVENILE PROBATION CHECKS for the next 30 years.

Unregistered
    Man I feel sorry for you. You do not know what you are getting into. The most important part of our job is JUVENILE PROBATION CHECKS and PANHANDLERS. Have fun doing JUVENILE PROBATION CHECKS for the next 30 years.
    The a55 clown who wrote this is just that. This is the greatest agency in the south east United States! If he doesn't like it and the juvy checks........ feel free to leave.

We have the best pay, the best schedule, the best pension and the best community support around.

Are we perfect?? No..........but one hell of a lot better then 99% of the other agencies around.

Unregistered
    Are you seriously crying with the money you make here? My God.. $89k next year as an MPO and you're gonna complain about doing probation checks. Go to FHP where you don't have to worry about that and you can make your $36k a year there.. what an ungrateful sob you are.. plenty are willing to take your slot

Unregistered
    Are you seriously crying with the money you make here? My God.. $89k next year as an MPO and you're gonna complain about doing probation checks. Go to FHP where you don't have to worry about that and you can make your $36k a year there.. what an ungrateful sob you are.. plenty are willing to take your slot
    I agree. What a lazy POS. I love working here and a couple juvie checks takes less time than I spend at T10. Typical attitude of someone that’s never worked for another agency. Most with prior get it and are thankful to be here. The lazy ROD POS should leave if he’s so miserable. But he won’t becaus he knows he will never match the work effort to pay ratio he’s getting here.