Spring break 18’ - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Anyone saw the new chief during the spring break detail? NO
    That speaks for itself. How long did he say he was staying.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anyone saw the new chief during the spring break detail? NO
    That speaks for itself. How long did he say he was staying.
    YOU have to be joking. No really. You can't be serious. The fact that you didn't see the Chief is a testament to his character. He explained to his people what he wanted and how he wanted it done. He counted on his staff to get it done. They did. He didn't go behind them and check up on them. He didn't countermand the instructions of field supervisors and didn't burden them with administrative nonsense. In simpler terms, he has people he trusts to do a job and he left them alone to do it. When I don't see Alpha 1-4 I consider all to be good. Your comment implies the Chief wasn't interested in the OPS. That is incredibly ignorant on your part.

Unregistered
    YOU have to be joking. No really. You can't be serious. The fact that you didn't see the Chief is a testament to his character. He explained to his people what he wanted and how he wanted it done. He counted on his staff to get it done. They did. He didn't go behind them and check up on them. He didn't countermand the instructions of field supervisors and didn't burden them with administrative nonsense. In simpler terms, he has people he trusts to do a job and he left them alone to do it. When I don't see Alpha 1-4 I consider all to be good. Your comment implies the Chief wasn't interested in the OPS. That is incredibly ignorant on your part.
    Nice spin. Don't buy it. And your not a mind reader. Your mindset is clear.

I'm sorry moron, what was I thinking.

How about hanging with the boots on the ground? How about breaking bread with troops? How about see the events first hand? How about self educating himself?

Talking about educating one self, you need some, even better how about EAP.

You're the one who mention "The fact that you didn't see the Chief is a testament to his character. He explained to his people what he wanted and how he wanted it done. He counted on his staff to get it done. They did. He didn't go behind them and check up on them. He didn't countermand the instructions of field supervisors and didn't burden them with administrative nonsense. In simpler terms, he has people he trusts to do a job and he left them alone to do it.

Unregistered
    Actually word on the street is that the chief is questioning all the overtime from one particular office and what budget was the region operating on. Seems answers are a little vague as to where the oversight was. That might be why a major appeared unannounced????

Unregistered
    Nice spin. Don't buy it. And your not a mind reader. Your mindset is clear.

I'm sorry moron, what was I thinking.

How about hanging with the boots on the ground? How about breaking bread with troops? How about see the events first hand? How about self educating himself?

Talking about educating one self, you need some, even better how about EAP.

You're the one who mention "The fact that you didn't see the Chief is a testament to his character. He explained to his people what he wanted and how he wanted it done. He counted on his staff to get it done. They did. He didn't go behind them and check up on them. He didn't countermand the instructions of field supervisors and didn't burden them with administrative nonsense. In simpler terms, he has people he trusts to do a job and he left them alone to do it.
    Here is what you were thinking.
    You thought you could come on here and take a shot at management. I won't allow it. Don't think for a second that I am pro-admin. I am not. I do however, recognize a good man trying to do a good job. Sell your brand of discontent somewhere else.
    I like the fact that a supervisor can count on people to do a job and leaves them alone to do it.

Unregistered
    The overtime is all justified, look at the amount of arrests made its a no brainer. And there was never any cap or guidelines on it, if the numbers justified it then do it

Unregistered
    The guy has 30 plus years and you think he needs to be educated first hand on how to deal with drunk and unruly college kids? Or how to write a simple UAP ticket? Gimme a break dude.

Why don't you take solace in the fact that he trusts the supervisors and the agents to do their jobs without bird-dogging them? Personally, I can't stand it when command staff comes out to ride with us. You end up babysitting someone who outranks you and makes considerably more than you. On top of that (yes, you too can admit this), you act and operate slightly different than you normally do. It sucks, plain and simple. Not fun.

Anyways, he's a good man and a good leader. If he wasn't micro-managed to death by JH and TP or had his hands tied by senior DBPR leadership, attorneys, and HR, then he would have flushed some turds by now and made some positive changes. I hope he stays around for awhile and can eventually make some changes for the better.

Unregistered
    What kind of moron are you? Didn’t you see the stats in the weekly email? The amount of arrestsbcoming out of the office highly outweigh overtime costs, so stop being dramatic and stirring the pot. If your jealous of all their overtime hours why don’t you volunteer to go assist next year.

Unregistered
    The guy has 30 plus years and you think he needs to be educated first hand on how to deal with drunk and unruly college kids? Or how to write a simple UAP ticket? Gimme a break dude.

Why don't you take solace in the fact that he trusts the supervisors and the agents to do their jobs without bird-dogging them? Personally, I can't stand it when command staff comes out to ride with us. You end up babysitting someone who outranks you and makes considerably more than you. On top of that (yes, you too can admit this), you act and operate slightly different than you normally do. It sucks, plain and simple. Not fun.

Anyways, he's a good man and a good leader. If he wasn't micro-managed to death by JH and TP or had his hands tied by senior DBPR leadership, attorneys, and HR, then he would have flushed some turds by now and made some positive changes. I hope he stays around for awhile and can eventually make some changes for the better.
    Dilly Dilly!!

Unregistered
    So true!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast