What have you done for me lately? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I can remember 20 years ago when Segeant’s use to tell me they were short handed even when they started. Well things haven’t changed a bit. Just look at the growth alone in this county. It’s only going to get worse and Florida tourism is at an all time high not to mention everyone wants to move here. Don’t even get me started on the mental illness issue we have. Baker Acts have hit an astronomical high. Plus I’m hearing they will be putting 86 deputies into middle and high schools by the end of the year. Patrol can’t handle this again. It was bad enough losing 100 deputies to open D5. Two year deputies are now completely burned out similar to what it would normally take 10 years. We need more help out here. The old saying “Where’s a cop when you need one” rings true.
    Speaking of Baker Acts, why do we as deputies do other people's job for them? How many times do doctors, psychiatrists, mental health counselors, and other professionals that are able to initiate a Baker Act, call us to do it for them? And then we oblige?

Just because we have the ability to do initiate a Baker Act, does not mean we should do their job for them. We have the ability to do an oil change also, so mechanics are going to start calling for deputies to respond, because they know we will..."Um, yeah this car needs an oil change... and I know deputies have the ability to change the oil on a car...so get to it, please."

Unregistered
    Just because someone resigns after two years of being here, that does not mean they were bad employees or bad cops or did not have the heart. In fact, on the contrary. Every recruit that I have trained or worked with that resigned early were some of the best cops with madsive potential and or smartest people I have worked with. They saw that their potential would never be used. Most ofvthrm had solid common sense or life skills or both. Most did not buy into all the BS that the HCSO paints. Its all talk, smoke and mirrors, and BS. Thats why they haulled ass. This whole big headed “we are the best of the best of the best”, mentality blinds this agency from seeing how stressed the front lines are and it keep them from listening in order to improve things. How can you expect these young new deputies to not go to the feds? To start off, they wont get treated like little children like we do, better pay, way more respect, and real investigative work. Not this baby sitting horse crap. By the time they get real important cases, us pee ons already sifted through and got stuck with the garbage. A career of delayed burlaries, shopliftings, crashes, domestics, crazy idiots, and so on??? Are you kidding? IT SUCKS! We all know that when we ALL started, we had hopes and dreams to progress into bigger things. Well NOT HERE! Not at the HCSO. Find an agency that lets you grow, progress, advance, and learn. You will outgrow these streets in 5 years and die inside when you see you have 25 years of the same garbage to go. Move it allong prospective applicants. Move it allong.

Unregistered
    Speaking of Baker Acts, why do we as deputies do other people's job for them? How many times do doctors, psychiatrists, mental health counselors, and other professionals that are able to initiate a Baker Act, call us to do it for them? And then we oblige?

Just because we have the ability to do initiate a Baker Act, does not mean we should do their job for them. We have the ability to do an oil change also, so mechanics are going to start calling for deputies to respond, because they know we will..."Um, yeah this car needs an oil change... and I know deputies have the ability to change the oil on a car...so get to it, please."
    Because this agency has no idea how to say no to businesses or other agencies. How about this?? Why in the hell are we baker acting childen with their parents standing right there?? 9 year old children! 12 year old children? Who are under the custody of their parents at all times, just like a baker act, and are standing right there. How about YOU! THE PARENTS TAKE YOUR CHILD TO A MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL. Cops are not doctors and are not here to take kids out of the hair of a school or moron parents. Here in Hillsborough the answer to everything is.... SEND A DEPUTY! We enable learned helplessness. We need to teach people to help themselves. This is why many of us HATE this job.

Unregistered
    Because this agency has no idea how to say no to businesses or other agencies. How about this?? Why in the hell are we baker acting childen with their parents standing right there?? 9 year old children! 12 year old children? Who are under the custody of their parents at all times, just like a baker act, and are standing right there. How about YOU! THE PARENTS TAKE YOUR CHILD TO A MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL. Cops are not doctors and are not here to take kids out of the hair of a school or moron parents. Here in Hillsborough the answer to everything is.... SEND A DEPUTY! We enable learned helplessness. We need to teach people to help themselves. This is why many of us HATE this job.
    Big time...... I've been called out in the past becasue a five year old hit a seven year old.... So you want me to take your five year old to the Jac for domestic battery??? Or do you want me to do your parenting for you? I actually called up my supervisor because I was afraid that if he found ot that I didn't ,make an arrest, I'd get written up....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123