What have you done for me lately?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

What have you done for me lately?

It's time for the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office to reap what it has sown. How many times has the question, "What have you done for me lately?" been thrown in our face over the last 25 years or so?

Since hard work is never recognized by the Sheriff's Office, unless you're a golden boy/girl/(s)him/etc., let's start showing our leaders exactly what we've learned from them. After all, they lead by example. And, any of our accomplishments are soon forgotten, once the unfounded complaints come in from the golden citizens/chief's friends/politicians/minorities/etc.

Hey HCSO... What have you done for me LATELY???

Unregistered
    Stupid....

Unregistered
    HCSO has shown they appreciate all employees hard work, and has continually provided top pay for all positions, raises, excellent insurance benefits, assists with retirement and deferred compensation plans, come together as a family to help with any monies you should need help with if you or your family should fall ill or find yourselves in a tragic situation. I don’t know....what have you done to represent our office in a manner to deserve what HCSO has done for a long time for You?
    I agree with the above, Stupid.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    HCSO has shown they appreciate all employees hard work, and has continually provided top pay for all positions, raises, excellent insurance benefits, assists with retirement and deferred compensation plans, come together as a family to help with any monies you should need help with if you or your family should fall ill or find yourselves in a tragic situation. I don’t know....what have you done to represent our office in a manner to deserve what HCSO has done for a long time for You?
    I agree with the above, Stupid.

Top pay? We are well under TPD. Did you know that TPD's Master Police Officer pay is almost $8,000 per year? Ours is only $3,000 per year. Also, TPD's Master pay is by the hour, so if they work any overtime their Master pay is at time and a half, along with they hourly rate being at time and a half. It's very easy for their MPOs to make over $10,000 per year in Master pay (with overtime), in additional to their yearly salary. If TPD had the same "we don't care" attitude that our staff has about not getting deputies home on time, their Master pay with overtime would go even further.

Everything else you mentioned is provided by most other law enforcement agencies, and even in the private industry. Any raise from HCSO happens once a year, but the question posed was, "What have you done for me LATELY?" Not once a year. That is the question posed to deputies all the time..."What have you done for me LATELY?" Not last month, but lately.

But money is not everything. Instead of allowing deputies to constantly spin their wheels, year after year and getting no where, what has HCSO done for deputies lately when it comes to career development? NOTHING! Year after year, decade after decade, deputies can bust their ass and get absolutely no where. Except for the golden children of course.

Unregistered
    Top pay? We are well under TPD. Did you know that TPD's Master Police Officer pay is almost $8,000 per year? Ours is only $3,000 per year. Also, TPD's Master pay is by the hour, so if they work any overtime their Master pay is at time and a half, along with they hourly rate being at time and a half. It's very easy for their MPOs to make over $10,000 per year in Master pay (with overtime), in additional to their yearly salary. If TPD had the same "we don't care" attitude that our staff has about not getting deputies home on time, their Master pay with overtime would go even further.

Everything else you mentioned is provided by most other law enforcement agencies, and even in the private industry. Any raise from HCSO happens once a year, but the question posed was, "What have you done for me LATELY?" Not once a year. That is the question posed to deputies all the time..."What have you done for me LATELY?" Not last month, but lately.

But money is not everything. Instead of allowing deputies to constantly spin their wheels, year after year and getting no where, what has HCSO done for deputies lately when it comes to career development? NOTHING! Year after year, decade after decade, deputies can bust their ass and get absolutely no where. Except for the golden children of course.
    Make sure you subtract their floating annual pension contribution of 12-14% from their pay, then come back and tell us how much TPD makes more than us.

Unregistered
    Make sure you subtract their floating annual pension contribution of 12-14% from their pay, then come back and tell us how much TPD makes more than us.

It's not always that high. But we also pay about 6.2% to social security, which they do not. And they get 3.15% per year for their pension and can retire in 20 years, for about 63% pension after 20 years. We must work 30 years to get 75%. But it's not all about money.

"What have you done for me lately?"

Unregistered
    It's not always that high. But we also pay about 6.2% to social security, which they do not. And they get 3.15% per year for their pension and can retire in 20 years, for about 63% pension after 20 years. We must work 30 years to get 75%. But it's not all about money.

Who cares how much they pay or take out of out pay checks? That is not the issues. How many people leave this agency for TPD vs the other way around?? That is the question. That says it all. Its not about the money. What is a few thousand here or there when it comes to the quality if leadership. Ill take a 20K pay cut right now for a full squad, mid shift, and good leaders that dont nit pick all day like a bunch of emotional abusive moron bullies. Especially for an agenct that cares about our mental health. Screw these arm chair jockey commanders with they knee jerk BS. How many people do you know that have left here for massive pay cuts for a better work enviroment. Many in my case.

Unregistered
    ...Especially for an agenct that cares about our mental health....
    This is SPOT ON!!!!! EXCELLENT POINT!!!

HCSO, what have you done for the mental health of your deputies, whom you force to work in PTSD causing conditions??? Can you name anything?

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY?"

Unregistered

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY?"

You know they hate it when their own words come back to bite them in the asss! ROFL!!

Unregistered

Also, TPD works 104 hours a year less than we do. So over a 20 year career for TPD, they work A FULL YEAR LESS than a 20 year deputy.

TPD's 2080 hours per year X 20 years = 41,600 hours, compared to HCSO's 2184 hours per year X 20 years = 43,680 hours. That means TPD works 2,080 less, in a career of 20 years. That equals ONE FULL YEAR of hours for TPD.

Now take in to account the we at HCO must work 30 years to be eligible for pension. 30 years at 2,184 hours per year = 65,520 hours. For TPD the same amount of hours would equal 31.5 years. TPD gets credit for 1.5 more years of service by working the same amount of hours.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast