Pre certified applicants

Unregistered

Pre certified applicants

Question if I have 14 years as a police officer in Florida, do i have to start at step one with pay or do I start off at a different step in pay

Unregistered
    What are steps? If you have fourteen years of LEO experience you do not want to come to this agency; go anywhere else, this place is a starter/training agency at best, or a dead-end for those who cannot do any better.

Take a look around, the PSO is very heavy with young blood. The Sheriff says it is because our pay is not the best, but it is really because there is not support for those of us out there doing the job. We are hung out to dry by the admin and fired or buried under I/A paper so we cannot go elsewhere. That is the real reason we are always hiring new blood here. Those that can get out do, often as soon as they get off of probation.

I would not recommend this place to anyone that had a choice!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What are steps? If you have fourteen years of LEO experience you do not want to come to this agency; go anywhere else, this place is a starter/training agency at best, or a dead-end for those who cannot do any better.

Take a look around, the PSO is very heavy with young blood. The Sheriff says it is because our pay is not the best, but it is really because there is not support for those of us out there doing the job. We are hung out to dry by the admin and fired or buried under I/A paper so we cannot go elsewhere. That is the real reason we are always hiring new blood here. Those that can get out do, often as soon as they get off of probation.

I would not recommend this place to anyone that had a choice!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 100% TRUTH

Run far away. The ONLY experienced (said in humor) people coming here are SpecOps has beens or New Captains.

Unregistered
    Question if I have 14 years as a police officer in Florida, do i have to start at step one with pay or do I start off at a different step in pay
    If you have 14 years on the job wherever it tis stay there. Why throw away 14 on a pension? If youre under 37 Id be looking at the Feds.

Throwing away if you are that much time to go anywhere in Florida with very few exceptions is a great big mistake.

Unregistered
    Why in the hell would you go to Pasco if you have 14 years somewhere else? Pasco at best has toxic leadership, lackluster pay, and zero support for deputies. I’d rather be a security guard at Disney.

Unregistered
    If you have 14 years on the job wherever it tis stay there. Why throw away 14 on a pension? If youre under 37 Id be looking at the Feds.

Throwing away if you are that much time to go anywhere in Florida with very few exceptions is a great big mistake.
    Not true. I’m not trying to be the typical LEOAffairs a-hole who just wants to argue for the fun of it, but you can’t say that without knowing where he is coming from. Municipalities and other entities have numerous kinds of plans with lots of variables to consider. Multipliers, buy-backs, buy outs and DROPs can change the game in a lot of ways. I know because I did it after many years of running the numbers and second guessing it. It was not only the best financial decision of my career but the best “career” decision of my career (if that makes sense). I agree, it is usually a bad mistake, but I think I just got really lucky that I left one city with a unique pension and went to another with a unique pension. I could have never considered anywhere that’s FRS. There you are right saying it’s stupid to go to Pasco after 14 years.

Unregistered
    Not true. I’m not trying to be the typical LEOAffairs a-hole who just wants to argue for the fun of it, but you can’t say that without knowing where he is coming from. Municipalities and other entities have numerous kinds of plans with lots of variables to consider. Multipliers, buy-backs, buy outs and DROPs can change the game in a lot of ways. I know because I did it after many years of running the numbers and second guessing it. It was not only the best financial decision of my career but the best “career” decision of my career (if that makes sense). I agree, it is usually a bad mistake, but I think I just got really lucky that I left one city with a unique pension and went to another with a unique pension. I could have never considered anywhere that’s FRS. There you are right saying it’s stupid to go to Pasco after 14 years.
    It can be said because "I agree, it is usually a bad mistake," And as far as "I’m not trying to be the typical LEOAffairs a-hole who just wants to argue for the fun of it, but you can’t say that without knowing where he is coming from." Okay then where is he coming from? If you dont know then it appears you are. What was your medical and pension benefits from wherest you came? Did those benefits increase or decrease based on the number of years? Didst thou have and maintain excellent medical benefits when you left? Do you have them now and will you retain them? Why was it the best career decision? But wasnt the comment about coming to Pasco (Florida)? And you said what again "There you are right saying it’s stupid to go to Pasco after 14 years."