Sheriff Israel to regulate behavior?

Unregisteredinteresting

Sheriff Israel to regulate behavior?

So, it seems as though the Sheriff is getting blamed for this shooting from just about every standpoint. But let me ask this question. I’ve been working here for approx 15 years and come from another agency, which puts me in a position to make a strong a valuation on what I see. Does Sheriff Israel have the ability to regulate someone’s behavior when it doesn’t pertain to policy and procedure? Can he regulate a deputies willingness to perform with courage or bravery? When the Lauderdale Lakes cop laid on his back, screamed for help and didn’t defend himself. Can Sheriff Israel implement a procedure to correct that?Since day one, I have said that BSO fosters one of the worst police cultures I have ever seen. It is not systemic throughout south Florida. As we saw, numerous cops from other agencies showed extreme courage running into that school, while 20 and 30 year BSO veterans who began their career long before Sheriff Israel took Office, stood around and refused to engage.

Unfortunately this job will only become more difficult for the Sheriff, because you can’t lead people who don’t want to be led. I read a post on here and laughed at its simplicity, but realize how to the point it was. All BSO cares about is driving a new car with a V8, baseball caps, vest carriers, hubcaps, and have to get my 30-hours a week at the Port, airport, or courthouse. Protecting life and property is completely irrelevant and not even in the BSO vocabulary. Good luck sheriff, because except for a few people, you’re on your own, and you have been since January of 2013!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregisteredinteresting View Post
    So, it seems as though the Sheriff is getting blamed for this shooting from just about every standpoint. But let me ask this question. I’ve been working here for approx 15 years and come from another agency, which puts me in a position to make a strong a valuation on what I see. Does Sheriff Israel have the ability to regulate someone’s behavior when it doesn’t pertain to policy and procedure? Can he regulate a deputies willingness to perform with courage or bravery? When the Lauderdale Lakes cop laid on his back, screamed for help and didn’t defend himself. Can Sheriff Israel implement a procedure to correct that?Since day one, I have said that BSO fosters one of the worst police cultures I have ever seen. It is not systemic throughout south Florida. As we saw, numerous cops from other agencies showed extreme courage running into that school, while 20 and 30 year BSO veterans who began their career long before Sheriff Israel took Office, stood around and refused to engage.

Unfortunately this job will only become more difficult for the Sheriff, because you can’t lead people who don’t want to be led. I read a post on here and laughed at its simplicity, but realize how to the point it was. All BSO cares about is driving a new car with a V8, baseball caps, vest carriers, hubcaps, and have to get my 30-hours a week at the Port, airport, or courthouse. Protecting life and property is completely irrelevant and not even in the BSO vocabulary. Good luck sheriff, because except for a few people, you’re on your own, and you have been since January of 2013!
    I don’t know about all that but where is his body camera? He is in uniform and he is supposed lead by example. I believe that’s the point no leadership and no leading by example. Maybe Springs can take over.

Unregistered
    Of course he can affect the behavior and demenanor of his department, via recruiting standards and his actions, along with promotional decisions and how he sets the professional environment. Notice that private companies don’t suffere the catastrophic shortcomings this agency does.

Perhaps if he spent more time hiring qualified personnel it would’ve been 130 deputies, not officers from other agencies, that got there first. Perhaps if he promoted based on ability he’d have competent supervisors in place that would recognize shortcomings in employees and correct those shortcomings. Perhaps if he offered a decent raise, you know, one even on par with the raises neighboring agencies are getting, he could attract qualified officers. Look at the agency that DID respond, Coral Springs pays well, provides equipment and training to their officers to include service weapons, and requires a bachelors. BSO? You gotta know someone to get in, and we have to provide everything ourselves, and no educational requirement.

We have been asking the sheriff for years for upgraded bulletproof vests and plates, the response? You can buy it yourself. But you want someone close to retirement to rush into a life and death situation knowing his best is not going to protect him and his leadership didn’t care enough to spend 200 extra dollars to upgrade it.

You also want him to run into a shooting involving kids. Look at our “leaders” reaction to previous incidents - peraza comes to mind, gave him a medal then sacrificed him for political points. The agency has pushed not touching kids so much in the last 6 years, it has pushed not arresting anyone, not touching anyone, that we don’t trust our deputies to do the right thing. It has pushed political promotions instead of qualified ones, so yes, the sheriff can affect behavior, and his actions speak loudly to his deputies. His actions say this “I will sacrifice you for politics, don’t touch anyone unless you absolutely must, don’t arrest anyone, aand don’t do anything because I will not have your back.”

With that kind of leader, you get the behavior you have seen at BOTH mass casualty events in Broward. If CS wants the parkland contract, I’m sure they’ll get it when the current one is up.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Of course he can affect the behavior and demenanor of his department, via recruiting standards and his actions, along with promotional decisions and how he sets the professional environment. Notice that private companies don’t suffere the catastrophic shortcomings this agency does.

Perhaps if he spent more time hiring qualified personnel it would’ve been 130 deputies, not officers from other agencies, that got there first. Perhaps if he promoted based on ability he’d have competent supervisors in place that would recognize shortcomings in employees and correct those shortcomings. Perhaps if he offered a decent raise, you know, one even on par with the raises neighboring agencies are getting, he could attract qualified officers. Look at the agency that DID respond, Coral Springs pays well, provides equipment and training to their officers to include service weapons, and requires a bachelors. BSO? You gotta know someone to get in, and we have to provide everything ourselves, and no educational requirement.

We have been asking the sheriff for years for upgraded bulletproof vests and plates, the response? You can buy it yourself. But you want someone close to retirement to rush into a life and death situation knowing his best is not going to protect him and his leadership didn’t care enough to spend 200 extra dollars to upgrade it.

You also want him to run into a shooting involving kids. Look at our “leaders” reaction to previous incidents - peraza comes to mind, gave him a medal then sacrificed him for political points. The agency has pushed not touching kids so much in the last 6 years, it has pushed not arresting anyone, not touching anyone, that we don’t trust our deputies to do the right thing. It has pushed political promotions instead of qualified ones, so yes, the sheriff can affect behavior, and his actions speak loudly to his deputies. His actions say this “I will sacrifice you for politics, don’t touch anyone unless you absolutely must, don’t arrest anyone, aand don’t do anything because I will not have your back.”

With that kind of leader, you get the behavior you have seen at BOTH mass casualty events in Broward. If CS wants the parkland contract, I’m sure they’ll get it when the current one is up.
    Very well said and accurate. If you look at all the Sheriff’s news conferences he bobbed and weaved a lot of questions and knew the answers but refused to report them. He waited as long as he could and figured he better throw some people under the bus as to not look any worse than he already has. Kinda what the Democrats do!!!! The Sheriff is a joke and he and his staff are way over their heads but it’s all about the Benjamins $$$$$ folks and don't forget it. Scotty boy has a big house to pay for so he needs this gig.

Unregistered

Know the facts first

Coral Springs got there as soon as they did because they got the 911 calls when it started. The SRO only found out what was going on when someone reported fireworks over the school radio. BSO/Parkland had less than people in the city including road patrol, SRO’s, and command. They all responded to the SRD’s call. Springs likely had 50 just on the road. They responded like champs. The nearest BSO districts, N. Laud, Tamarac, and Deerfield are 10 min away. Coral Springs has always helped BSO/Parkland as does C. Creek. They help each orher as needed. Everyone did there job.

Unregistered

Sheriff's words , We are not a Law Enforcement Agency

Watch entire video of Sheriff's own words.

https://youtu.be/fbG-KthzxrQ

Unregistered
    Watch entire video of Sheriff's own words.

https://youtu.be/fbG-KthzxrQ
    Dude, you are spot on. That needs to spread nationwide so people can see what we are dealing with.

Unregistered

Don't Blame the Deps, this is why kids don't care to obey the laws

Youth Civil Citation Programs
    Promise Programs etc.
    Now we want to blame deps who don't want to take action against any Youth. Is this success?

https://youtu.be/b1gcYmzywvg