North Port police chief candidates set for meet and greet Feb. 26 5:30-7:30 pM - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Tic toc

What are the odds that we will have a police chief in place within 3 weeks so that he can shadow the idiot he'll take the place of? The city manager has delayed this process for so long that it is now crunch time and the closest thing we have is a meet and greet? It would be great to have a new chief here that would actually back his people instead of screwing us all and it would be a plus to have him shadow Mr. GED for 2 weeks with the hope that his intelligence would lead him to the same conclusion that we all have working here as to "what the hell have you done to these people". So take your time CM the clock is ticking....tic toc tic toc

Unregistered
    What we don't need is a twice over retiree looking for a third pension, time to retire already, seems like someone who is afraid of transitioning back into being a civilian, most of them are power tripping ego-maniacs, that agency picture depicts it to me.

Unregistered

The right Fit for our future

let really look at the candidates and there experience and potential to be a long term solution to our problems in the NPPD
    Chief Turner openly admits he is a short term applicant. H/T reported he is currently in the drop which basically means sometime in the near future he is going to retire. Which means two things, we waste the time and money on him and a new process will begin and most certainly Morales will become our chief. His education is from an online NY state school. He has the credentials, but being a short timer as they say I am sure he will be more interested in training CM than tackleing our issues. I think he will be a lame duck chief
    NYSP inspector Kopy, Not ever a Florida police officer. Not a certified Florida Police officer which means until such time he graduates from an accredited police academy and passes the test he will have no sworn law enforcement power. There is a transition type course but this still takes time and its on our dime. He has been a NYSP trooper his entire career, moved thru the ranks. Some of my friends are NYSP and none of them like him as a leader. His present position is an appointed one and they say he is a headhunter. Is this who we want to take us into the future. We have lost some 64 officers thru vespia, do we need to lose more.
    The commander at Brevard. Not enough command experience.
    The asst chief at coral gables, has the command experience, CGPD is one of the top agencies in the state, prides itself on community interaction and service. Dept is professional and in tune with todays society , He has the education and experience, especially that of a city cop. I believe he is the one to bring us into the future.
    So do we move forward with a short term solution, a solution that has no fl experience or certifications or a deputy with no command experience or an experienced asst chief wanting to become a chief who has what we need. Lets see if lear makes the right decision.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    let really look at the candidates and there experience and potential to be a long term solution to our problems in the NPPD
    Chief Turner openly admits he is a short term applicant. H/T reported he is currently in the drop which basically means sometime in the near future he is going to retire. Which means two things, we waste the time and money on him and a new process will begin and most certainly Morales will become our chief. His education is from an online NY state school. He has the credentials, but being a short timer as they say I am sure he will be more interested in training CM than tackleing our issues. I think he will be a lame duck chief
    NYSP inspector Kopy, Not ever a Florida police officer. Not a certified Florida Police officer which means until such time he graduates from an accredited police academy and passes the test he will have no sworn law enforcement power. There is a transition type course but this still takes time and its on our dime. He has been a NYSP trooper his entire career, moved thru the ranks. Some of my friends are NYSP and none of them like him as a leader. His present position is an appointed one and they say he is a headhunter. Is this who we want to take us into the future. We have lost some 64 officers thru vespia, do we need to lose more.
    The commander at Brevard. Not enough command experience.
    The asst chief at coral gables, has the command experience, CGPD is one of the top agencies in the state, prides itself on community interaction and service. Dept is professional and in tune with todays society , He has the education and experience, especially that of a city cop. I believe he is the one to bring us into the future.
    So do we move forward with a short term solution, a solution that has no fl experience or certifications or a deputy with no command experience or an experienced asst chief wanting to become a chief who has what we need. Lets see if lear makes the right decision.
    Brooksville is actually in the 185 pension plan, 20 and out, , 4% multiplier, 6.5% DROP and only a 1% contributor so Turner will lose a ton if he leaves. Zero incentive in a pension with starting off off fresh in FRS.

Unregistered
    Turner is a serial applicant, he is not what we need, he is a Chief of a small podunk department that is being taken over by Citrus County. He is not even loyal to Brooksville just Google how many Cities he has applied to and they have not picked this Senior Citizen. For God's sake Bradenton didn't even pick him and that is saying something! We also don't need another backdoor Chief, who will protect our certain Captain!
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...istmas/2158462 #METOO

We should really consider the NY State Inspector, he is an outsider who can change our culture!

Brooksville Police Captain Cleared of Battery Chargeshttp://www.realnewsrealfast.com/article.php/brooksville-police-captain-cleared-of-battery-charges-19993

After a short, two day trial last week, a jury found Captain Rick Hankins not guilty of the misdemeanor battery charge.

Chief George Turner provided the following statement:

“I was made aware of the reported crime on the date of the incident, Dec 22, 2013. I had the opportunity to have a full review of all the witness statements and investigation, and it was my professional opinion that there was no crime committed; that at most, it was an affray between two adult men, which lasted 15 – 20 seconds, with no injury to either. Captain Hankins followed all department policies in this regard by reporting the incident in writing and providing witness statement to me at the earliest time.

I was surprised that it resulted in his arrest, and that it ultimately went to trial, but I am not surprised, that after only 20 minutes, the jury returned a verdict of not guilty.

With that said, the Brooksville Police has taken the high road during this incident, and continue to do so. We look forward to moving forward leaving this unfortunate incident behind us and continuing to provide quality law enforcement to the citizen and visitors of Brooksville."

Unregistered
    The Coral Springs DC has a Master's degree where Turner doesn't, he is young enough to be here a while, Turner was not appointed directly by the Governor, the Chiefs Association nominates a Chief and it takes a stroke of a pen, no Fame in that selection, also Longboat Key and Brooksville PD don't even total our Detective Division, no real experience or education in Turner. People like me are here for a while it would be nice to have a long term Chief!

Unregistered
    Brooksville is actually in the 185 pension plan, 20 and out, , 4% multiplier, 6.5% DROP and only a 1% contributor so Turner will lose a ton if he leaves. Zero incentive in a pension with starting off off fresh in FRS.
    so in stating this we must assume that if Chief Turner is hired here at NPPD he will be given special treatment and allowed to remain in the 185 pension plan. That's quite a benefit at the taxpayers of NP expense

Unregistered
    The Coral Springs DC has a Master's degree where Turner doesn't, he is young enough to be here a while, Turner was not appointed directly by the Governor, the Chiefs Association nominates a Chief and it takes a stroke of a pen, no Fame in that selection, also Longboat Key and Brooksville PD don't even total our Detective Division, no real experience or education in Turner. People like me are here for a while it would be nice to have a long term Chief!
    We also had a former deputy chief (chuckle chuckle) that had a master's degree. He was nothing more than a puppet to Mr. GED and had no clue what he was doing and had no business being in the position he was promoted to from the rank of Sgt. He couldn't wipe his ass without being told how to do it from KV. Using him as an example, a Master's means nothing.

Unregistered
    so in stating this we must assume that if Chief Turner is hired here at NPPD he will be given special treatment and allowed to remain in the 185 pension plan. That's quite a benefit at the taxpayers of NP expense
    No. Please read FSS 185. A City specific retirement plan. Can not be transferred to another City. Turner's 185 plan has no impact on NP. Would be treated as any other new employee, starting on day 1 as day 1 in FRS.

Unregistered
    No. Please read FSS 185. A City specific retirement plan. Can not be transferred to another City. Turner's 185 plan has no impact on NP. Would be treated as any other new employee, starting on day 1 as day 1 in FRS.
    so what's the incentive for him to come here short term???????

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast