North Port police chief candidates set for meet and greet Feb. 26 5:30-7:30 pM - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You should try spell check. Also should the reader ignore the grammatical errors in your poorly composed hogshit of a paragraph? At least I think that is what you were trying to compose. I hope you didn't pay too much for that degree. You actually proved my point. I am not defending the chief. I am merely arguing that just because a person has a GED does not make them less than a person who graduated from North Port High School. Each person has to be evaluated on the things that they have accomplished. There are many WWII veterans who became officers or war heroes who never made through high school at all. Would you be proud to belittle them in public? Did you know that the British SAS has a history of selecting drop outs over grads in selection? Fact look it up. Most are just tougher. What about Bill Cosby, Jim Carrey, Michael J Fox, Hiilary Swank, Dave Thomas (founder of Wendy's), Nicolas Cage, Peter Jennings (you know nightly news)? The list goes on.
    You are stating that because a person has a GED they are not qualified to do anything but ask people for fries? Not every child leads an affluent life like you did. I assume honor roll each report card for you? Some come from poor families and make mistakes as youngsters. Some work to help support single mothers. Some work to support themselves because their parents are turds. I feel that you know nothing of life except the utter perfect one in which you exist ( I wish I was there with you). Maybe he is a shitty leader but his GED has nothing to do with that. If anything dropping out and returning to get your GED is harder then you think. Do you think that if he graduated from North Port High School he would be a different person all together? Think about that for a minute. What academy did you go to? I could easily say that if you could not get hired by the SSO then you suck obviously because you took second or third best at NPPD. We all know everyone wants to work at the SSO. It is a prestigious place and don't even say you don't because your a dam liar. So in a sense you work at GED police department.
    I agree !!! throughout the subjects time for a change etc etc there is reference to a short bus ged etc. What this person ( I think it is the same person his/her writing has always had the same demeaning tones to it . Oh yes you have put down and demeaned special needs students. Every time you post kv rode the short bus etc etc you are judging those that you think you are better then. I am not defending kv either. He has lied about his education and many many more occurrences. Period he should go. What does a ged have to do with a short bus? That is why my friend I am hoping you are not in the leadership role. The last thing this city needs is someone as demeaning as you leading anyone. Or maybe your just a big mouth, judgmental patrol cop,not sure. Lord knows kv has had to hire people like you as no one else wants the job or the problems associated with it. The frie comment really showed your true colors. No one respects you or agrees with your assessments. Yes KV needs to go but not because he has a ged.
    There are many great leaders and people that have accomplished enormous things with a ged. I will not waste my time going through the list with you. Look it up yourself. Oh I know you already know it all. So take your judgmental comments and save them for the garbage.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

Panel Members

LEO Panel
    Chief Mattmuller, VPD
    Colonel Thomas Rodgers, CCSO
    Ed Brodsky, SAO

Director Panel
    Charlina Lowrie, Finance Director
    Chief Scott Titus, NPFR
    Christine McDade, HR Director

Unregistered
    You should try spell check. Also should the reader ignore the grammatical errors in your poorly composed hogshit of a paragraph? At least I think that is what you were trying to compose. I hope you didn't pay too much for that degree. You actually proved my point. I am not defending the chief. I am merely arguing that just because a person has a GED does not make them less than a person who graduated from North Port High School. Each person has to be evaluated on the things that they have accomplished. There are many WWII veterans who became officers or war heroes who never made through high school at all. Would you be proud to belittle them in public? Did you know that the British SAS has a history of selecting drop outs over grads in selection? Fact look it up. Most are just tougher. What about Bill Cosby, Jim Carrey, Michael J Fox, Hiilary Swank, Dave Thomas (founder of Wendy's), Nicolas Cage, Peter Jennings (you know nightly news)? The list goes on.
    You are stating that because a person has a GED they are not qualified to do anything but ask people for fries? Not every child leads an affluent life like you did. I assume honor roll each report card for you? Some come from poor families and make mistakes as youngsters. Some work to help support single mothers. Some work to support themselves because their parents are turds. I feel that you know nothing of life except the utter perfect one in which you exist ( I wish I was there with you). Maybe he is a shitty leader but his GED has nothing to do with that. If anything dropping out and returning to get your GED is harder then you think. Do you think that if he graduated from North Port High School he would be a different person all together? Think about that for a minute. What academy did you go to? I could easily say that if you could not get hired by the SSO then you suck obviously because you took second or third best at NPPD. We all know everyone wants to work at the SSO. It is a prestigious place and don't even say you don't because your a dam liar. So in a sense you work at GED police department.
    Alas Chief Pelfraud rises from the buffet line. Same speech he gave at the academy. He missed his calling and should have been an English teacher well simply because he has never been a real LEO. I would certainly not limit a person who only has a GED to working at Mickey D's, they can also work at Jiffey Lube, read the real chiefs bio. You are so out of touch with reality, So I guess your position is a person with a GED should have the powers of a Police Officer and be able to arrest, detain and provide a person there due process. Let us not forget high liability situations where ones life is in the hands of this GED LEO. Oh yes reading and understanding the Florida statutes. Capt M graduated from NPHS so I guess you are correct on that assumption. I gradeated from da Sarasota Tech academy you know the one you got fired, oops, told to resign from. Some day things will change in the favor of the hard working educated officers of this dept, maybe but hey one can dream. Your references to the almighty green machine of the SCSO makes me laugh. You had it made there. You were paid from the school and the SCSO and did nothing all day long, except for your occasionally correcting of grammar errors and sentence structure. Then psyco Captain appears and you get the boot from the SCSO, again sorry forced to retire. Prestigious place, just go on over to the SCSO LEO page, makes NPPD look like Oz. Stay happy and stay on ur meds.

Unregistered
    I love it when people accuse others of incorrect grammar and spelling in a post with incorrect grammar themselves.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Captain

quash a rumor..

I had heard from several that two of the four did not pass the background investigations. This not true or at least they have no records that would support that tale.

Mr Lear did share with C onni that one candidate was very inappropriate in the interview with him. So bad, that he gave him a 2 out of 4 on whether he would likely cause a lawsuit.

Kinda funny .. but then again, not, at the same time.

3 more days .. =)

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Gibson View Post
    I had heard from several that two of the four did not pass the background investigations. This not true or at least they have no records that would support that tale.

Mr Lear did share with C onni that one candidate was very inappropriate in the interview with him. So bad, that he gave him a 2 out of 4 on whether he would likely cause a lawsuit.

Kinda funny .. but then again, not, at the same time.

3 more days .. =)
    Stephanie, if you want to see how the city views the police come to the union negotiation meeting on Tuesday April 3rd at 10 am room 244 city hall. This is an open meeting and will be very important as to the future of our department.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678