An appeal...

Thread: An appeal...

JPF75

An appeal...

Gentleman and Ladies,

I have followed this forum on occasion and rarely comment but really do hate to see the vitriol on here between fellow Troopers . I understand the state of the patrol is sad, but some of the behavior on this forum is unbecoming to Florida State Troopers.

I remember the old days, my grandfather was a Trooper from 1955-1985 and loved everyday of it, he is on up in age now and still misses being out there. Sadly he is ailing and may not be with us much longer. Really do have fond memories of him driving up in his black and tan(blue bubble gum light on the top), playing with the siren. The hilarious, serious, and just sad stories. The friends he made, who are still his friends. The first gun I ever fired was his .357, what a thrill. Sure, he worked during the best era for the patrol , before the consent degree in the 70's really lowered standards and set things in motion, today we see the end results. I only stayed for four years, it just was not the great job and place to work it was in those days so I left once the initial thrill wore off.I had no desire to be in LE outside the patrol sol life took me to law school and often see FHP in court and will say as a defense attorney, troopers are typically the most professional, especially compared to officers and deputies. Let me put it this way, seen plenty of officers and deputies blatantly lie on the stand, or pull some "shady" moves to make a case. Troopers, 9 out of 10 times it's the facts. I appreciate that, it's how things are supposed to be.

Bottom line, I know the patrol could be in a way better state of affairs, but take pride in your career, enjoy your time and if you are not able to, move on. There is a proud legacy behind that badge, honor it.

Unregistered

Smile great commentary on FHP's history

Quote Originally Posted by JPF75 View Post
    Gentleman and Ladies,

I have followed this forum on occasion and rarely comment but really do hate to see the vitriol on here between fellow Troopers . I understand the state of the patrol is sad, but some of the behavior on this forum is unbecoming to Florida State Troopers.

I remember the old days, my grandfather was a Trooper from 1955-1985 and loved everyday of it, he is on up in age now and still misses being out there. Sadly he is ailing and may not be with us much longer. Really do have fond memories of him driving up in his black and tan(blue bubble gum light on the top), playing with the siren. The hilarious, serious, and just sad stories. The friends he made, who are still his friends. The first gun I ever fired was his .357, what a thrill. Sure, he worked during the best era for the patrol , before the consent degree in the 70's really lowered standards and set things in motion, today we see the end results. I only stayed for four years, it just was not the great job and place to work it was in those days so I left once the initial thrill wore off.I had no desire to be in LE outside the patrol sol life took me to law school and often see FHP in court and will say as a defense attorney, troopers are typically the most professional, especially compared to officers and deputies. Let me put it this way, seen plenty of officers and deputies blatantly lie on the stand, or pull some "shady" moves to make a case. Troopers, 9 out of 10 times it's the facts. I appreciate that, it's how things are supposed to be.

Bottom line, I know the patrol could be in a way better state of affairs, but take pride in your career, enjoy your time and if you are not able to, move on. There is a proud legacy behind that badge, honor it.
    Beautifully written by a person of "class." And this was a great tribute to his grandfather and those of us from the era prior to the 1990's .

JPF75
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Beautifully written by a person of "class." And this was a great tribute to his grandfather and those of us from the era prior to the 1990's .

Thank you, it was a sincere appeal. As a side project, have been writing his stories down I remember, talking details with him to fill in the blanks, hearing a few he had never shared before. Perhaps turn it into a blog or even a book in the future.

Unregistered
    Amen. 29 years and counting, the pay sucks, I have to budget myself accordingly. But I feel like I need to carry on with the cross is those who carried it before me. I couldn't have it any other way.

Unregistered

Very nice post

I really respect this post. I am a small town officer with over 20 years and I have gone to many wrecks with troopers and I still learn from them about traffic and properly working crashes and I respect our troopers.

Unregistered
    And that’s why FHP is nothing but the best and better than the rest.

We take pride in what we do
    That’s because we’re better than you.

We log on and work hard
    Most city Cops are full of lard.

We write tickets and drive fast
    Deputies try but are always last.

Y’all can apply and try to play
    But at the end of the day it’s FHP all the way.

Unregistered

We log on and work hard

Go away troll

Unregistered

We log on and work hard

😂😂😂 you deserve an A+ for creativity!

Unregistered

We log on and work hard

FHP was once the best, they the academy moved to the community college and we started hiring little kids.